Author Topic: Two American Helicopters Crash in Baghdad, Killing Iraqi Soldier  (Read 1138 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
The U.S. military says an Iraqi soldier has been killed when two U.S. helicopters collided while landing at a base in Baghdad.

A statement says two American troops and two other Iraqis also were wounded when the UH-60 Black Hawks crashed at about 8:55 p.m. in a northern section of the capital.

Military spokesman Capt. Charles Calio says it's not clear how severe the collision was but it did not appear to be caused by hostile fire.

The military says it's not known yet how many people were on board the aircraft and an investigation is under way.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,432802,00.html
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline djones520

Re: Two American Helicopters Crash in Baghdad, Killing Iraqi Soldier
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 05:21:43 PM »
Had a dust storm there a couple days prior, but if I remember right, weather was supposed to be pretty good there right now.  So I doubt it was due to that.

Glad it wasn't worse.   :(
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 05:26:22 PM »
I'm not an airedale, but I know that night ops, regardless of branch or duty, quite frankly SUCK.

Prayers for those involved.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 01:58:25 PM »
Night operations with NVGs in a helicopter do more then suck they are basically playing Russian Roulett. All it takes is for someone to take their attention away for one second and you have a buring wreck where a Helicopter used to be. Granted they have far better NVGs now then when I first got in butthe one thing they have yet to fix is the problem with depth percetion. It all looks like a green flat screen when you look through them. 
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 05:20:10 PM »
the newer models have two tubes, so there is a slight semblance of depth perception... still can be disorienting tho