Author Topic: X-Files, WTH?  (Read 9280 times)

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
X-Files, WTH?
« on: January 08, 2018, 08:45:46 AM »
Just saw the 1st episode for the new season. What a horrible mess it was. The best way to describe it would be Bladerunner, if it took place in in 2018 and did not have replicants or flying cars, because of the Mulder deep thought voice overs and the long moments of nothing happening.

Please Fox, pull the plug. If you needed a show to bring back may I suggest Firefly.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: X-Files, WTH?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 08:49:23 AM »
Recorded it but haven't watched it yet.  Wasn't a huge fan originally, but started watching reruns of the original after it was off the air.  Really kinda liked it, gained an appreciation for the creativity at times.

Keep us updated if it gets any better.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 10:49:12 AM »
Recorded it but haven't watched it yet.  Wasn't a huge fan originally, but started watching reruns of the original after it was off the air.  Really kinda liked it, gained an appreciation for the creativity at times.

Keep us updated if it gets any better.

One episode included the character John Munch (Richard Belzer) from Homicide: Life on the Streets and Law and Order Special Victims Unit. It was used to explain why the character distrusted the government and was a conspiracy theory nut.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 07:16:38 AM »
HULU has the last season on their service. I watched the 1st few episodes and those are much better than the 1st episode of the new season.

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline FiddyBeowulf

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 01:07:04 PM »
HULU has the last season on their service. I watched the 1st few episodes and those are much better than the 1st episode of the new season.

Well season 10 was okay except for the last episode and another dealing with terrorism. The episode with terrorism was almost like a DUmmie bouncy. You had red necks, pick-up trucks, truck  nutz, red necks making fun of muslims and though no cops jumped out of any bushes Mulder did do a back flip.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 02:19:20 PM »

The problem is they blew up the conceit:  Him as a True Believer and her as Eternal Skeptic.

After that it was just "how much weird crap can we throw at them?  How weird and conspiratorial can we make it?"  I stopped watching after that.

I see no reason to believe they are not just using the same playbook so I am giving it a pass.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.