Author Topic: Another Police Killing of an Unarmed Black Man!  (Read 3266 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Another Police Killing of an Unarmed Black Man!
« on: June 02, 2015, 09:26:36 PM »
Oh---- ok. Not really. Was channeling DU. Sorry.

muriel_volestrangler (76,404 posts) http://www.democraticunderground.com/10141108205

Boston police shoot, kill man being watched by terrorism task force

Source: WCVB

A man under surveillance by the Joint Terrorism Task Force was shot and killed Tuesday morning by a Boston police officer.

The officer and an FBI agent confronted a man in the parking lot of a CVS pharmacy on Washington Street in the city's Roslindale neighborhood at 7 a.m.

The man was shot when he "pulled out a military-style knife," police said.

“The officers asked him several times to put that knife down. They gave him several commands. The officers tried their best. Again, several more orders to put (the knife down) and at that point, he came within the proximity that the officers use deadly force," Boston Police Department Commissioner William Evans said.

Read more: http://www.wcvb.com/news/police-shoot-person-in-parking-lot-of-cvs/33350364

Military style knife? WTFIT? A KABAR?

ANYway... suspected radical terrorist with ties to ISIS dies being an idiot towards caps. Who will DU side with?

Shamash (234 posts)
3. Will there be video and will it match the story? n/t

The brother is already claiming the man was on the phone with his father and the dude's last words were "I Can't Breath."  ::)

Kelvin Mace (13,847 posts)
6. So a person noticed he is being followed by shadowy figures and decides to carry a knife to protect himself?

Shadowy figures... at 7 am in the morning... wearing Boston Police Uniforms... Shouting out that they are Police...  ::)

But it's never a good idea to pull a knife on Police Officers.

21. Again, this is the police's story. I will await independent, reliable confirmation. 

:thatsright:

FLPanhandle (4,335 posts)
8. It's not hard, the police tell you to drop your weapon, you just drop the weapon.

I'm an old white guy, but I'd have dropped that knife so fast...

19. No, the police CLAIM he had a weapon. I need more supporting evidence from people other than the police before I will accept any statement they make. I can give you a long list of dead people the police claim had weapons.

and when they display the knife you will claim it's planted. when they show you the video you will claim it fake. We know how this all goes.

cstanleytech (8,567 posts)
22. So, let me see I understand this. Even though there isnt anything so far that points to the cops doing anything illegal in this case your going to automatically assume their guilty until they prove that they arent? That it in a nutshell?
And here I thought Obama had it hard when he was dealing with the birthers.

23. Hmmm....

At least I am not pulling the trigger on anyone I "assume" is guilty. Sorry the police have lied WAY too many times to be given the benefit of a doubt.

Given all the stories in the media about the police gunning people down, including children, with little pretext and then lying their asses off about it, why would I assume the first reports about any police shooting are true?

Comparing me for being skeptical of the police to a birther is pretty damned low, thank you very much.

uh... yeah.... you kind of are.

26. The problem is though that the FBI was there to.

"The initial investigation shows both the police officer and FBI agent discharged their weapons, according to 5 Investigates' Karen Anderson. Evans said Rahim was shot twice."

Edit: Unless of course you are claiming Anderson is lying about the FBI being there.

:fuelfire:

27. The FBI doesn't have a pristine record on telling the truth either. Sorry, law enforcement has forfeited the presumption of innocence.

No... in every instance this past year of Claimed Police Brutality it has been found that the Police were no guilty of violating any law. Think about that for a moment. No Police gunning down helpless black guys for no reason... and you rioted anyway.

28. So now the FBI is in on it *eye roll*

::)

muriel_volestrangler (76,404 posts)
12. Source: Man fatally shot by Boston police part of terror network

A man who was fatally shot by police in Boston on Tuesday was part of a broader terror investigation involving suspected Islamist extremists being tracked by the U.S. Joint Terrorism Task Force, a law enforcement official said. The suspect belonged to an ad hoc terror network, said a second law enforcement source. Police and federal agents shot and killed the man after he waved a large military-style knife at officers.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/06/02/us/boston-police-shooting/

hmm.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Fourwinds

Re: Another Police Killing of an Unarmed Black Man!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 09:37:46 PM »
Well, there goes Boston....

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 09:49:56 PM »
Sorry, law enforcement has forfeited the presumption of innocence.

The only people you can trust are hoodrats.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 11:33:56 PM »
Killing of man who pulled knife on FBI agent illustrates ‘double burden of racism and Islamophobia’
http://twitchy.com/2015/06/02/killing-of-man-who-pulled-knife-on-fbi-agent-illustrates-double-burden-of-racism-and-islamophobia/

Twitterverse lights up with stupidity as usual.  :mental:

Linda Sarsour
‎@lsarsour

MANY unanswered questions in the murder of Usaama Rahim by Boston Police and FBI.
11:52 AM - 2 Jun 2015

Linda Sarsour
‎@lsarsour

Law enforcement is saying this is a terrorism related case. Did Usaama Rahim deserve due process in a court of law or public execution?
11:54 AM - 2 Jun 2015
Perhaps the FBI agent's life was in danger.

Oriental In Absentia
‎@Hermit_Hwarang

The flimsy excuse that #UsaamaRahim was killed in a "terrorism investigation" offers neither clarity nor condolence. It is still murder.
12:06 PM - 2 Jun 2015

Oriental In Absentia
‎@Hermit_Hwarang

They shot him in the back. If the knife was his how did he pose such a threat facing away from them he had to be shot? #UsaamaRahim
12:09 PM - 2 Jun 2015

Ramah Kudaimi
‎@ramahkudaimi

black Muslim man killed by cops in Boston and we witness the double burden of racism and Islamophobia #UsaamaRahim
12:12 PM - 2 Jun 2015
Muslim is not a race!

Zahra Billoo
‎@ZahraBilloo

Questions to ask about #UsaamaRahim's death: If they wanted to question him, was there a more discreet way to do so? via @BinHamidAli
12:25 PM - 2 Jun 2015

Zahra Billoo
‎@ZahraBilloo

Questions to ask about #UsaamaRahim's death: If it was necessary to shoot him, why was he shot in the back? via @BinHamidAli
12:26 PM - 2 Jun 2015

Too much stupidity!  :mental:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 11:43:44 PM »
Man allegedly pulled knife on officers before Roslindale shooting
http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/29215623/boston-police-investigating-shooting-in-roslindale

BOSTON (MyFoxBoston.com) -- A man was shot and killed by police after he allegedly approached them with a large knife in Roslindale on Tuesday morning.

Police say the shooting happened near a CVS on Washington Street around 7 a.m. Law enforcement officials said Tuesday afternoon that they did not approach the man, 26-year-old Usaama Rahim, with their guns out, but that Rahim pulled out a large, military-style knife.

Officials say the suspect was told repeatedly to put down the weapon, but did not comply.

Looks like the shooting was justified.

According to FOX25 sources, there were three different Joint Terrorism Task Force teams out doing 24-hour surveillance on at least three different individuals in the area for quite some time.

There was an “active plot” centered around harming law enforcement officials, although it is unclear if it was operational, a source told FOX25. The plot may have been inspired by ISIS.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 11:57:53 PM »
I love dutch's dialogue.
Short sweet but rich and compact to the point.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 06:55:01 AM »
21. Again, this is the police's story. I will await independent, reliable confirmation.

Unpossible.  All the media belong rEicHwinG!!!!! reTHUGliKKKan sympathizers.

eLeBinTY!!!!

Sorry, law enforcement has forfeited the presumption of innocence.

The ever slipping mask of the LIbEral totalitarian......
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 07:00:02 AM by 98ZJUSMC »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 08:10:24 AM »
"Evidence and reality are racist conspiracies!"

Every one of those police officers could have been wearing body cams, with each showing the late un-lamented (except in the right places!) terrorist doing everything as described by the police and wielding a knife as described by the police and these hate-filled morons would still declare the evidence faked. For that matter, if they had seen it with their very own eyes, they'd denounce their eyes as racist and Islamophobic.

I do agree that comparing the one DU-Denizen to birthers is utterly wrong - it's an insult to birthers. Comparing him to 9/11 Troofers comes much closer.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 01:07:23 PM »
[Cynicism] has anyone on DU started to talk about the grossly obvious illusory psycho-delic pink elephant in the room here? The guy's name was "Usaama Rahim"! Isn't it readily apparent that this racist BPD officer and racist FBI agent were acting out assassination fantasies? Or even rehearsing an assassination of Barack Obama?! [/Cynicism]
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline jukin

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 02:48:01 PM »
"Evidence and reality are WHITE PRIVILEGES!"
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2015, 04:00:17 PM »
Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

So ... do DU folk resort to, "This video is obviously faked," or do they just cease posting in this thread and move on to the next shooting of a thug that presents a new chance to scream racism?

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2015, 04:12:37 PM »
Another unarmed black man.

Offline dakota

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2017, 11:56:23 AM »
Force always attracts men of low morality.

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2017, 12:06:40 PM »

Testosterone injection kicking in?
Deplorable since 2016

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2017, 12:51:49 PM »

The brother is already claiming the man was on the phone with his father and the dude's last words were "I Can't Breath."  ::)

They usually wait until they are cuffed to utter that line.  "I can't breath officer!!  Deh cuffs are too tight!  Oww, my wrists!"

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2017, 01:02:31 PM »

Since you've decided to resurrect an 800-year old thread, we can Paul Harvey this one for the rest of the story:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/08/24/announcement-set-probe-usaamah-rahim-shooting/pTmI4KybEBsxWOVgO5q2oK/story.html

No charges in shooting of terror suspect in Roslindale

By Travis Andersen and Andy Rosen GLOBE STAFF  AUGUST 24, 2016

Prosecutors will not bring charges against the Boston police detective and FBI agent who fatally shot a terrorism suspect in Roslindale after the man allegedly walked toward investigators in an aggressive manner with a military-style knife.

Suffolk District Attorney Daniel F. Conley on Wednesday said the shooting of Usaamah Rahim, 26, in a busy parking lot by members of an anti-terror squad was justified.

In the June 2, 2015, episode near a CVS on Washington Street, Rahim advanced on police officers after drawing the 13-inch knife, Conley said. The officers backed up about 50 feet, while repeatedly ordering him to drop his knife.

Rahim said, “You drop yours,” and “Why don’t you shoot me?” when ordered to drop his weapon, Conley said.

Usaamah Rahim, 26, was killed by Boston police and FBI agents in 2015. in Roslindale.

Video at the link.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2017, 07:59:49 AM »
Well, I say "Congratulations Boston PD and FBI.  Another dirt bag gets his virgins."
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2017, 09:03:13 AM »
The guy had a high capacity assault knife, he confronted the police and got shot. What is hard to understand? :thatsright: :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2017, 09:14:30 AM »
Well, I say "Congratulations Boston PD and FBI.  Another dirt bag gets his virgins."
[/b]

Camels are for transportation, goats are for goat's milk cheese.  They're really confused about this whole "virgins thing" .   Nothing compares to a good ole American blonde.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2017, 09:57:23 AM »
The guy had a high capacity assault knife, he confronted the police and got shot. What is hard to understand? :thatsright: :thatsright:

It was black and had a rifle lug.  :-)
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2017, 10:10:21 AM »
It was black and had a rifle lug.  :-)

And designed in such a way that it will penetrate body armor just like the Kabar weapon of war.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer