Author Topic: NFL owners approve audio for defensive players  (Read 3036 times)

Offline john c calhoun

NFL owners approve audio for defensive players
« on: April 01, 2008, 02:19:01 PM »
its about damn time !!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80783ca4&template=with-video&confirm=true

now, the defenses will be able to keep up w/ the offenses alot better, & teams like tEh colts won't be able to catch defenses off guard &/or run them to death as easily...

so I wouldn't be planning on universal high scoring this season....

DEFENSE IS BACK !!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: NFL owners approve audio for defensive players
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 05:35:06 PM »
its about damn time !!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80783ca4&template=with-video&confirm=true

now, the defenses will be able to keep up w/ the offenses alot better, & teams like tEh colts won't be able to catch defenses off guard &/or run them to death as easily...

DEFENSE IS BACK !!

Couple things, JCC . . .

1)  Will it be stereo? ;)

2)  Nice to see ya here!  I missed your football observations.  I've got an absolutely rabid Bills fan where I work, and it's nice to see your points contrasted to his. 
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 02:49:09 PM »
its about damn time !!!

DEFENSE IS BACK !!

Couple things, JCC . . .

1)  Will it be stereo? ;)

2)  Nice to see ya here!  I missed your football observations.  I've got an absolutely rabid Bills fan where I work, and it's nice to see your points contrasted to his. 

hey thanks...

and the ONLY type of bills fan there is, is RABID of course.... :lmao: ...

what else explains their hopeless endeavor ?? ....

I mean who else freezes thier ass's off week after to week, only to watch a team that has sucked 95% of their existance ?? :mental:  ...

man, have the Patriots royally owned that team over the years or what? ...

but anywho.... I really think this new defensive rule  will mark the end of Indy's run .....if you look at their 3 fiercest rivals, all them live & die by their brute force.... & what the colts have been able to do to JAX, Tenn &  NE these past few years, is run them down w/ their smaller/faster/no huddle philosophy on offense, whereas the jags/titans/pats all operate from a big is better philosophy...

now, their beefy D's  won't have to sprint back n forth to the sidelines  everydamn play & can focus better on womannings dumbass & catch a breather between plays ...

yeah baby !! ....

DEFENSE IS BACK & I knew it wouldn't take long after last seasons scoring bonanzas by a handful of teams, to TURN the rest of the league against Polians arena league bs thats been guiding the NFL these past 3-4 years....

I think this may curb scoring by 25%.... wait n see

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 11:12:15 AM »
DEFENSE IS BACK & I knew it wouldn't take long after last seasons scoring bonanzas by a handful of teams, to TURN the rest of the league against Polians arena league bs thats been guiding the NFL these past 3-4 years....

I think the "no more force outs" rule is at least equal to the headset rule. At least it only took the NFL 14 years to let the defense catch up in that respect. (headsets I mean) But seriously, no more force outs is a big deal for the defense. CB's and the SS and FS can play physical again. Oh, you "would" have got two feet in? To bad, you got knocked the fark out! LOL (now watch, next year we get the one foot in rule from college ball) Anyway, I can't wait till Moss wins the jump ball in the endzone just to get knocked out of his shoes and out of bounds, lol. Come on September!

Oh, fwiw, I know Holmgren was one of the few votes AGAINST the defensive headsets. (the die-hard offensive guys were the holdouts) However I think this is good for my Hawks in the long run. Mostly because they have been all about the defense since Ruskell arrived but also because Jim Mora takes over HC duty next year just as all the bugs are worked out of the system.

:-)

Thaks NFL for thinking about the D for once.
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 02:36:36 PM »

I think the "no more force outs" rule is at least equal to the headset rule. At least it only took the NFL 14 years to let the defense catch up in that respect. (headsets I mean) But seriously, no more force outs is a big deal for the defense. CB's and the SS and FS can play physical again. Oh, you "would" have got two feet in? To bad, you got knocked the fark out! LOL (now watch, next year we get the one foot in rule from college ball) Anyway, I can't wait till Moss wins the jump ball in the endzone just to get knocked out of his shoes and out of bounds, lol. Come on September!

Oh, fwiw, I know Holmgren was one of the few votes AGAINST the defensive headsets. (the die-hard offensive guys were the holdouts) However I think this is good for my Hawks in the long run. Mostly because they have been all about the defense since Ruskell arrived but also because Jim Mora takes over HC duty next year just as all the bugs are worked out of the system.

yep...

I agree & I think one of  the reasons the Pats ( belichick a defensive guy himself) brought in tank williams & brandon meriweather, while dumping samuel & gay, was to prepare for the BIG HITS coming  via 2ndary on the sidelines this 08' season...

less man to man, more zone & laying in wait for the catch & PUNISHING the receiver after the catch...

thats why I say this is the END of  the pipsqueeks like tEh colts ...who love to work the sidelines (the giants too)

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 03:11:14 PM »
Ugh. Right on. I like the new rules but they don't bode well for my "second home" team the Bengals. Seems like they have 6 passes a game that hit CJ or Housh just as they are running out of bounds.

Just a heads up for all concerned, here is a run down of some of the bigger changes...
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7980294/New-rules-will-have-impact-on-league

You have to love some of the guesswork being taken away from the refs. (force out rule/facemask rule) Now if they can just get rid of that farking "tuck rule". (sry, I mean that Brady favoring Tuck rule, LOL) Meh, they are heading in the right direction anyway.
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 03:15:07 PM »

yep...

I agree & I think one of  the reasons the Pats ( belichick a defensive guy himself) brought in tank williams & brandon meriweather, while dumping samuel & gay, was to prepare for the BIG HITS coming  via 2ndary on the sidelines this 08' season...

less man to man, more zone & laying in wait for the catch & PUNISHING the receiver after the catch...

thats why I say this is the END of  the pipsqueeks like tEh colts ...who love to work the sidelines (the giants too)
If need be, Merriweather will take his helmet off and knock the out with it.  I can say that, I'm a 'Canes fan.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 04:19:01 PM »
Ugh. Right on. I like the new rules but they don't bode well for my "second home" team the Bengals. Seems like they have 6 passes a game that hit CJ or Housh just as they are running out of bounds.

Just a heads up for all concerned, here is a run down of some of the bigger changes...
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7980294/New-rules-will-have-impact-on-league

You have to love some of the guesswork being taken away from the refs. (force out rule/facemask rule) Now if they can just get rid of that farking "tuck rule". (sry, I mean that Brady favoring Tuck rule, LOL) Meh, they are heading in the right direction anyway.

bengals at least have big tall receivers...

well, they DID ....

chad johnson may be out of there & chris henry definitly is ....

the bengals are a lost cause my man....their coach has brought in a bunch of thugs & lazy f**ks....

the bengals won't amount to anything until they can marvin lewis & bring in someone who brings in disciplined players...

Offline john c calhoun

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 04:22:25 PM »

yep...

If need be, Merriweather will take his helmet off and knock the out with it.  I can say that, I'm a 'Canes fan.

yep...

meriweather  will be a great FS soon & laying the lumber is ok by him too !!...