Author Topic: Losers in DC  (Read 2831 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Losers in DC
« on: March 31, 2008, 07:37:33 AM »
Did anyone see the start of the Braves/Nationals game last night?  President Bush threw out the first ball, while being booed.  Pathetic losers/DUmpmonkeys in the crowd.   :whatever: :banghead:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080331/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_baseball
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 07:47:50 AM by lug-nut »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
Re: Losers in DC
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 08:18:44 AM »
President Bush sounded like a worn-out man when he went on air in the 4th inning.

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 09:18:43 AM »
Did anyone see the start of the Braves/Nationals game last night?  President Bush threw out the first ball, while being booed.  Pathetic losers/DUmpmonkeys in the crowd.   :whatever: :banghead:

Maryland is a big Blue State, I'm not surprised. Funny thing is I live only two hours away in south-central PA and it's very conservative. Go figger'.
They'll get what's comin' too em' though: Another lousy season of the Nationals. But in a nice stadium though.  :whatever:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 10:03:08 AM »

Maryland is a big Blue State, I'm not surprised. Funny thing is I live only two hours away in south-central PA and it's very conservative. Go figger'.
They'll get what's comin' too em' though: Another lousy season of the Nationals. But in a nice stadium though.  :whatever:

Yup!  And they can see why the Mets didn't resign LoDuca, and watch Milledge strike out 175 times this year . . .  :evillaugh:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 10:19:56 AM »
Now don't be so hard on the Nats... after all, they did remind us how foolish we all are for "overlooking" the Braves.   :rotf:

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 05:13:41 PM »
Now don't be so hard on the Nats... after all, they did remind us how foolish we all are for "overlooking" the Braves.   :rotf:

Umm . . . I'm not too sure I'd be busting on the Nats right now, if I were you . . . I'd also be looking for massive amounts of HGH to give Lidge (seeing how well Tom Gordon did today).  :tongue: :naughty:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 08:28:44 PM »

Umm . . . I'm not too sure I'd be busting on the Nats right now, if I were you . . . I'd also be looking for massive amounts of HGH to give Lidge (seeing how well Tom Gordon did today).  :tongue: :naughty:

:bawl: :banghead:  I love how Gordon and Madson managed to make the projected bottom-dwellers look like the freakin' Red Sox.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 04:26:32 AM »

:bawl: :banghead:  I love how Gordon and Madson managed to make the projected bottom-dwellers look like the freakin' Red Sox.

And Johan pitched as advertised.  When he struck out Hanley Ramirez to start the game on that slider inside, I felt as if I needed to go grab some soap and take a shower, the pitch was that filthy.

Johan's gonna do fine for the Mets.  Also, nice to see that Atlanta came up this short in their game against the Pirates.

Chase her.