Author Topic: Kerri Walsh and Misty May facts  (Read 2665 times)

Offline ReardenSteel

Kerri Walsh and Misty May facts
« on: August 14, 2008, 08:31:28 PM »
Fact one- they made me a fan (whatever that sport is they are playing there)

Fact two- they enjoy their work as I enjoy watching them work

Fact three- I would like to see even more "teamwork"

Oh, and they are on TV right now.  :-)

USA!! USA!! USA!!  :cheersmate:

On edit: Fact four- google is your friend.
http://picasaweb.google.com/lenovochampions/LenovoChampionsMistyMay/photo#5167639273993355122
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: Kerri Walsh and Misty May facts
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 08:35:30 PM »
Fact #5: They don't mind a little spankin'

This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 08:45:27 PM »
Fact six- I almost spit beer as the announcer refered to May/Walsh defending their "intergalactic title".  :rotf:

105 wins in a row as of tonights (non-medal) match.

You go girls. My idea of "golden girls" btw!  :-)
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 04:38:14 AM »
They made it though the quarters.  Gotta hand it to Matt Treanor of the Florida Marlins for landing Misty May. :cheersmate:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 07:57:04 PM »
If your Olympic interest is on a downslope, this might help...

May and Walsh are about to start their next match as I type.

:-) :-)

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 08:42:47 PM »
For those of you bitting your nails in suspense... our girls won again.

Fact: next time up, they are playing for gold.  :cheersmate:

- Ayn Rand

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 08:57:46 PM »
Fact: I miss living in Hermosa Beach.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=355565688

Yes, it's her.

And FWIW, when I lived there I met Gabby Reese.

And just in case anyone wonders how cool it is to pay $400 for a parking spot per month and $2K for a 1-BR apartment (thank God it was only $900 for both when I lived there)...

5 minute walk from my old apartment...

http://www.eatgoodstuff.com/strandcam/frm-index.html

And oh yeah--great breakfast.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 09:39:24 PM »
I watched the match tonight too...hoping they get the gold on Wednesday night.  :cheersmate:

I just want to know one thing.....how come the men's team wear so much more clothing? :bawl:

Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 08:54:21 AM »
HDTV does not ruin the effect of their rear ends as it so often does in other instances.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 10:03:37 PM »
It's ON!

Going for gold v China right now (in the rain even)...

Go get em girls!  :cheersmate:

RS------>scampers into the other room now...

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 10:57:17 PM »
Wow!!!

They did it. Gold for the USA and the best team at their sport in the world.

Also, Walsh sends out props to the POTUS (unless I imagined that) which should tweek all the right people.  :-)

Great job "Golden Girls"!

- Ayn Rand

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 10:58:13 PM »
It was an exciting gold medal match against the Chinese. 

Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 11:00:57 PM »
Wow!!!

Also, Walsh sends out props to the POTUS (unless I imagined that) which should tweek all the right people.  :-)

Yes they did send out thanks to the Prez....I thought that was really cool!

Awesome job!!!
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2008, 05:22:36 PM »
"Six Feet of Sunshine" shines through again!

I'm hoping that Misty's husband absolutely wrecks the Phillthies, but can't hit a thing against the Mets.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2008, 01:56:29 PM »
Wow!!!

Yes they did send out thanks to the Prez....I thought that was really cool!

Awesome job!!!

Link to the President Bush salute. (H5 to debk)

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2008/08/21/gold-medal-winner-kerri-walsh-thanks-president-bush

- Ayn Rand