Author Topic: Primitive wants us all to be wading through feces and discarded drug needles  (Read 697 times)

Offline Delmar

Thu Feb 18, 2021, 07:42 PM
Star Member Yavin4 (31,980 posts)

If places like New York city and San Francisco are popular places where people want to live, then...

Why aren't there more cities like NYC and SF in America? I'm not talking about their population densities. More like their urban design. More walkable places that are less dependent on cars. More mixed used zoning between residential and retail. More public parks.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215129856

If places like New York city and San Francisco are popular places where people want to live, then...those people need to have their heads examined.

When I saw the Alfred Hitchcock movie Vertigo, I thought that San Francisco looked like a nice place to live and it probably was back in the 1950s but nowadays I'll take a pass on being forced to dodge human feces, discarded drug needles, and violent mentally ill dirtbags.

Response to Yavin4 (Original post)Thu Feb 18, 2021, 07:44 PM
Star Member The Velveteen Ocelot (92,332 posts)
1. Many cities expand gradually and somewhat unpredictably in ways having to do

with existing geography and demographics. It's hard to redesign a city that's already fully built up and populated.
No problem, just put democrats in charge and any city can be a shithole just like SF or NYC in a generation or two.

Response to maxsolomon (Reply #6)Thu Feb 18, 2021, 08:06 PM
Star Member Irish_Dem (11,039 posts)
7. I think Biden is hoping to build this kind of thing in the US.

I would love rail.

If you go to other countries their bullet trains are unreal.
Response to Yavin4 (Original post)Thu Feb 18, 2021, 08:08 PM
Star Member mr_lebowski (19,337 posts)
8. You can't just make more San Francisco's. Why don't people just paint more Mona Lisa's? nt
Once people have been potty trained, it's hard to get them to crap on the sidewalk.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
When I was a youngster back in the 60s me and my Grandma (RIP) would get all dressed up and go shopping on Market Street on a Saturday. No bums, no crap on the sidewalk and it was very clean. Those were the good old days never to be seen again in San Francesspool, the biggest open sewer in America.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline DLR Pyro

Why aren't there more cities like NYC and SF in America?

Because the majority of the people are smart and don't want to live in a dangerous shithole
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline landofconfusion80

When I was a youngster back in the 60s me and my Grandma (RIP) would get all dressed up and go shopping on Market Street on a Saturday. No bums, no crap on the sidewalk and it was very clean. Those were the good old days never to be seen again in San Francesspool, the biggest open sewer in America.
Right through the middle of one of their parades, right?
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Right through the middle of one of their parades, right?

Actually those came way after she passed away. We did have to deal with the occasional hippy that had wandered down from Golden Gate Park and the Haight Ashbury area.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline SVPete

SF's population has been gradually shrinking for years.

I avoid going to SF unless I need to go there. The last time I was there was in 2014 when I accompanied my daughter to the Chinese consulate (to get a student visa). When I went there in early 1999 to get an expedited passport SF was already infamous for bum crap and urine in gutters and sidewalks and for aggressive panhandlers. It's gotten much worse since. If I had young kids I would not take them to a park playground in SF unless I had first swept the playground with a metal detector sensitive enough to pick up a hypodermic needle.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Quote from:
Yavin4

9. No, but you can imitate its design.

Walkable. Mixed residential and light commercial use.

No sane person wants to live in suburban sprawl.

This simpleminded primitive is completely unable to imagine that there are people who have no desire to live in a congested urban setting, but would happily live close by in case they wished to avail themselves of what is offered.

Quote from:
maxsolomon

3. Some are. Boston is. Philly is. Chicago is.

But in the post-WW2 expansion of American cities, we built for cars. We tore out trolley lines. Dense urban housing was left to decay as Whites fled to leafy suburbs.

This is a decades long fix, and conservatives and NIMBYs will have to be dragged kicking and screaming the entire time.

There’s a name for liberals who wish to force others to live as they demand them to do. If only I could remember that name........

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
maxsolomon

... Dense urban housing was left to decay as Whites fled to leafy suburbs.

You people bitch about they're leaving, but when they move back, you people bitch about "gentrification."

The one common denominator is: You people just bitch.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline landofconfusion80

had to repower a load that was headed to the outskirts of SF. You could smell the gay butt sex for miles.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline I_B_Perky

You people bitch about they're leaving, but when they move back, you people bitch about "gentrification."

The one common denominator is: You people just bitch.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That and yell racist to everyone that disagrees with them.

H5!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 07:27:13 PM by I_B_Perky »
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi