Author Topic: The Oracle speaks  (Read 986 times)

Offline Mary Ann

The Oracle speaks
« on: July 14, 2013, 04:56:47 PM »
I know you've been waiting breathlessly for Nads to weigh in. Well, the wait is over!!
nadinbrzezinski (123,363 posts)

My thoughts on the verdict

Yup, the prosecution sucked...and all that. Failed to "connect the dots". But I would like to speak of a more meta level.

Here we are in 2013 sitting at a case that should have remained local, where the prosecution, IMHO proved manslaughter, with a set of laws that make it extremely difficult to even prove manslaughter. Why? Stand your ground forces the prosecution to prove self defense, when it used to be the burden of the defense team to prove self defense...nor can you have the defendant on the stand.

We are also faced with a situation where ll racial elements were kept off the case.

Given all this...I can't blame the jury.

Given they avoided Zims eyes was telling...they probably think he was guilty of something, but not under the instructions given.

So a local tragedy will now move to the Federal level...because we live in a pretty racist society where these stand your ground laws make it hard to convict people like Zimmerman.

So a local tragedy now will go, rightfully so, to the federal level. And quite frankly...I hope this leads to the end of these kinds of laws.

Oh and yes...it is open season on minorities now.

Offline Mary Ann

Re: The Oracle speaks
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 05:00:00 PM »
9. Absolutely

The pattern was there.

All I can hope for is that Zimmerman actually learns from this and finds a way to deal with his anger issues...not counting on it.

But there were things not brought that should

What do you want to bet that she doesn't mean St. Skittles' record of fighting, getting kicked out of school, having stolen property, drug use,  . . .

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 05:22:13 PM »
But I would like to speak of a more meta level.

So good to have her back explaining the "meta" of all this to us unwashed plebes.

Now, if she'll just educate us on the arcs and trends all this forbodes.

I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 05:41:43 PM »

Yup, the prosecution sucked...and all that. Failed to "connect the dots". But I would like to speak of a more meta level.

Here we are in 2013 sitting at a case that should have remained local, where the prosecution, IMHO proved manslaughter, with a set of laws that make it extremely difficult to even prove manslaughter. Why? Stand your ground forces the prosecution to prove self defense, when it used to be the burden of the defense team to prove self defense...nor can you have the defendant on the stand.
The defense did not use "stand your ground" arguement for one thing and you cannot force him to take the stand under the 5th amendment for another.

I guess we can remove lawyer from her resume now.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 05:45:04 PM »
Good grief. She must have had her first hit of crack.  :banghead:
Only a matter of time.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 05:49:25 PM »

There were no dots to connect, blob.  STFU.

Evidently not, retard.  The jury specifically asked for directions on Manslaughter during deliberation.  You know what that is, you stupid wretch?

We are also faced with a situation where ll racial elements were kept off the case.

Ummm...... HUH!?!?!?
Given all this...I can't blame the jury.

Given they avoided Zims eyes was telling...they probably think he was guilty of something, but not under the instructions given.

Mindreader Blob shall not blame the jury.  Jury relieved.

So a local tragedy will now move to the Federal level...because we live in a pretty racist society where these stand your ground laws make it hard to convict people like Zimmerman.

Look in a mirror.  If you can stand it.

So a local tragedy now will go, rightfully so, to the federal level. And quite frankly...I hope this leads to the end of these kinds of laws.

You're repeating yourself, idiot.  Oh, and dream on, stupe.

Oh and yes...it is open season on minorities now.

We shall be expecting daily examples of that, you sawed off half-wit.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 05:49:36 PM »
Oh cousin nadin, shut the **** up.

You're making an ass of yourself again.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 05:53:57 PM »
The defense did not use "stand your ground" arguement for one thing and you cannot force him to take the stand under the 5th amendment for another.

I guess we can remove lawyer from her resume now.

Combat Medic Assault Litigator has been struck from the resume!

:hi5:

the arcs and trends all this forbodes.
:rotf:

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 06:10:10 PM »

I not sure I would hold my breath on this, well, I mean I wouldn't but you on the other hand...

I'm no expert on Federal civil rights litigation but just from initial indications (though sparse, it is sunday after all) there are some thorny issues the feds are going to have to overcome.

Again noting that I am no expert I think I'll keep my yap mostly shut until places like legal insurrection start chiming in.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline thundley4

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2013, 06:20:14 PM »

gnads: Oh and yes...it is open season on minorities now.
We shall be expecting daily examples of that, you sawed off half-wit.

It's been open season on minorities for years and years.  The only requirement is that you be the same color as your victims.

Offline biersmythe

• Molon Labe
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2013, 06:41:53 PM »

oh and by the way nads you moronic idiot "these kind of laws " are there to protect people form the exact gangsta thug types you are for.
Teach a man to build a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life!!!!

Knowledge is half the battle.
The other half is violence!

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

The box said: "Requires Windows XP or better." So i installed Linux.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 12:10:50 AM »
I have never claimed to know the law like a lawyer but I do know somethings and wouldn't try to give advise in a courtroom but as we can see,that wouldn't stop the FCBD from using her Perry Masonry talents to show the wold how it works. For someone that's trained so well in History and many other subjects you would think basic legal terms and procedures would be a snap . The only way she will see the inside of a courtroom is probably be as a defendant in a case against her.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 01:29:06 AM »
nadinbrzezinski (123,363 posts)when it used to be the burden of the defense team to prove self defense...nor can you have the defendant on the stand.

Shaking my ****ing head. For a person that thinks she knows everything, I have NEVER seen someone so Damn stupid on every subject. Hey, you stupid, bald troll, the burden of proof has NEVER been on the defense, you stupid, bald, Golem-looking troll.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 07:19:00 AM »
Oh cousin nadin, shut the **** up.

You're making an ass of yourself again.

This.

H5, BTW.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 07:39:07 AM »
What utter bullshit. Here's a clue you ugly dipshit: don't start a physical altercation just because you feel 'dissed'. The law is NOT on your side and someone is entitled to defend themselves if you lay your hands on them. End of story. I am NOT going to handle you with kid gloves just because you got more melatonin in your skin then I do. My life, and those of my kids, matter more to me then the opinion of the losers at places like DU or the race baiters at the fed level. What's a travesty is that this man continues to be hounded by the RACISTS up on capital hill. I hope he sues the shit out of Florida, NBC/MSNBC, and the administration.

My question, again,is IF this altercation was stopped by the pussies hiding in their homes when Zimmerman was crying for help, WHO would have been able to press charges against who? I'm guessing here that Zimmerman could have pressed assault charges against St. Skittles...given that fact alone should lead these idiot sheep to the conclusion the jury came to no--idiots or evil or both is the conclusion at this point of liberals and their obedient sheep fools.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 10:19:23 AM »
Why does nadin hate hispanics?
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline jukin

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 10:35:29 AM »
1. George never had his Stand Your Ground hearing so that law was NEVER in play.

2. The criteria for Self Defense is if one reasonably believes that they are in eminent danger.

3. The police NEVER ordered George to not follow St. Skittles. A dispatcher, not even a 911 dispatcher, suggested he did not need to do that. Dispatchers do not have any authority to order anyone to do anything.

4. George suffered physical damages. St. Skittles did not.

5. The prosecution proved George's version of the incident.

6. The judge was clearly biased against George.

7. None of St. Skittles history was allowed in due to number 6.

8. It was a fair and just decision by the jury, of which one lady was black using the same criteria as 0bama being black.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2013, 12:28:40 PM »
8. It was a fair and just decision by the jury, of which one lady was black using the same criteria as 0bama being black.

Are you sure on that last point?

Remember that 0bama is black because he's a fellow leftist - in the eyes of the DUmp, race has little to do with ethnicity.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2013, 01:11:35 PM »

Here we are in 2013 sitting at a case that should have remained local
and it may have very well remained local except for when the boy king stuck his nose into the matter and said if he had a son he would like trayvon.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2013, 06:09:34 PM »
Stand your ground forces the prosecution to prove self defense, when it used to be the burden of the defense team to prove self defense...nor can you have the defendant on the stand.

None of that sentence makes any sense whatsoever.

Nutcase nadin is obsessed with "stand your ground", which played no part at all in the extermination of poor innocent li'l Trayvon.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2013, 06:46:20 PM »

None of that sentence makes any sense whatsoever.

Nutcase nadin is obsessed with "stand your ground", which played no part at all in the extermination of poor innocent li'l Trayvon.

Ahh, the nadin "word salad."
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies