Author Topic: The one thing that would have foiled the Aurora Massacre  (Read 620 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
The one thing that would have foiled the Aurora Massacre
« on: July 28, 2012, 10:09:33 PM »
jmowreader (21,788 posts)

The one thing that would have foiled the Aurora Massacre

My four newspapers are starting to carry letters with one theme: guns in the hands of the audience at the Aurora theatre would have made the massacre less deadly...because, you know, taking out a shooter in the dark when tear gas is in the air is so easy-peasy they don't even teach it at Infantry School. (Actually, it's something they teach Green Berets and Navy SEALs, but that's beside the point.)

Many years ago, when it cost a quarter to get into the movies, every theatre had ushers on staff. Their main job was to make sure no one blocked the fire doors open to let people in. As we all remember, James Holmes had his weapons outside the theatre. He blocked open the fire door, went outside, donned his equipment, went back in through the fire door and shot the place to shit.

If there were ushers on duty at the Aurora theatre, James Holmes would have gone out through a fire door, an usher would have closed it behind him, and the story in the paper the next morning would have been about the awesomeness of the new Batman movie.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021039236

My guess is, if one person had even pointed a gun at him he would have run off like a scared rabbit. I can't prove it of course, but my theory is he would have shit himself.

LAGC (3,942 posts)
1. What would have stopped him from just waiting until the movie was over and people poured out?

Or just shot them all while they stood in line to buy tickets?

I don't think posting an unarmed guard at the door would have changed the outcome much.

I agree with a DUmmy, Lord help me.  :-)

gopiscrap (1,580 posts)
6. How about a ban on all guns?

This is more along the lines of what I expect from the DUmmies.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Re: The one thing that would have foiled the Aurora Massacre
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 10:22:10 PM »
gopiscrap (1,580 posts)

Yeah that will keep guns out of the hands of criminals...who comment crimes...who don't follow the law...

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 10:25:31 PM »
How about a ban on all guns ? How about putting your mind into gear, and thinking that through. Libs are often one dimensional thinkers. It just FEELS right.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Undies

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 10:37:12 PM »
gopiscrap (1,580 posts)

Why not ban murder?

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 10:48:47 PM »
Why not ban murder?

There's a good idea.  :-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline jukin

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 10:54:24 PM »
Why not ban murder?

My Spidey Sense is telling me there is an 0bama EO right around the corner.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 10:57:24 PM »
Actually we can't ban murder. One of the ten commandments is, Thou shalt not Kill, or murder. Separation of church and state.  :-) 

Offline RWKindaGuy

• Hiding in the hinterlands as a professional
  • One giant rightward step for mankind
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 11:51:52 PM »
Why not ban murder?

H5.  Great idea, let's get to work on that.     :cheersmate:

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 06:58:10 AM »
H5.  Great idea, let's get to work on that.     :cheersmate:

Was it not Norway or Sweden that gave that a try of sorts.    FIRST DUI conviction and the driver was banned for life from owing or operating a car.    What is the difference between a car and a gun, both deadly if used improperly, on their own just a inanimate object.

Most anything can become in the hands of a person a deadly weapon, a sock with a rock in it, a sling shot, even a humane with a disease that they knowingly pass on can be a killer. 

Got this horrid case of a traveling Lab technician that may have Deliberately infected thousands with Hep C in 7-8 states.   Finally caught in the next town and the case is growing every day.

I agree that had just one person in the theater had a ccw or open carry this dude would have been toast. Or would he ??  Seems the suit he was wearing would have taken a Buffalo gun to cause any damage.

Problem is, if he had died by civilian or police, no one would known about his apartment and more would have died a horrible death. Worse things then dieing instantly.  Burning to death in a fire bomb, comes to mind.

My theory is Jimmy was already suited up except for the head gear, and he left the theater for just 2 minutes to get his weapons, put on the head gear and come back.  So for the first 20 minutes where was he seated, who was he sitting next to ???? 

Ban guns and we have to ban socks and rocks. 

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 07:00:22 AM »
Why not ban murder?

We can't because that is one of the ten commandments and Christians, like the Jooooooos, are the cause of all that is wrong with the world.   :(

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2012, 07:02:04 AM »
Actually we can't ban murder. One of the ten commandments is, Thou shalt not Kill, or murder. Separation of church and state.  :-) 

HAHA - I didn't see this before I posted.   H5!

Offline Undies

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2012, 08:57:15 AM »

The Lord drove the moneychangers away from the Temple in a Fury so I guess we should close General Motors until the "stimulus" is completely repaid.

Offline hillneck

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2012, 09:04:52 AM »
gopiscrap (1,580 posts)

Hey DUmbass, how has that helped in Chicago, New York, Washington DC, and other libturd cities.   :banghead:
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2012, 09:11:40 AM »
The Lord drove the moneychangers away from the Temple in a Fury so I guess we should close General Motors until the "stimulus" is completely repaid.

Which was Jesus' favorite car:

The Plymouth Fury-

or the Honda Accord? (John 12:49 and Acts 5:12)
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Undies

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2012, 09:18:23 AM »

The Plymouth Fury-

I'm glad I drive a Kia Soul. 

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2012, 10:05:24 AM »

The Plymouth Fury-

Read Job 6:18.  God hates Dodge.
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2012, 10:56:16 AM »
Why not just ban the contemplation and or planning of murder ? Not to mention the actual speech that could be construed as conspiracy to murder ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2012, 01:32:43 PM »
Why not just ban the contemplation and or planning of murder ? Not to mention the actual speech that could be construed as conspiracy to murder ?

It would work about as well.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.