Author Topic: Ms. Ed the nonmonickered equine carbonizes  (Read 761 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Ms. Ed the nonmonickered equine carbonizes
« on: April 29, 2008, 07:30:05 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3212679

Oh my.

Horse with no Name  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sat Apr-26-08 10:39 PM
Original message

Direct Energy exec works to cut carbon footprint at home

This makes me happy. I just switched to Direct Energy this last week.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/bus/stories...

>>>snip

That changed last November. As Direct Energy began rolling out efficiency services and carbon-free energy, Mr. Tonge's boss challenged top executives to eliminate their own greenhouse gas emissions.

"You couldn't, with a straight face, talk about efficiency if you weren't doing something yourself," Mr. Tonge said.

The Tonges have answered the environmental altar call and are working to reduce their so-called carbon footprint. They're upgrading ductwork, walking instead of driving and switching their traditional light bulbs to compact fluorescent lights.

Direct Energy leaders are betting that other people will want to cut their carbon footprints, too. They're stepping into a crowded industry of companies and nonprofit groups offering services to eliminate or offset carbon dioxide emissions.

Okay, as we all know, Ms. Ed is one of the two biggest liars on Skins's island, along with the burdened primitive.

The lying titty primitive can't even hold a candle to Ms. Ed and the burdened primitive, when it comes to lying.

Anybody want to bet Ms. Ed didn't switch to Direct Energy this last week?

Anyway.  The bonfire went nowhere, sputtered out, only one primitive showing up.

Egalitariat  (979 posts) Sat Apr-26-08 10:57 PM
Response to Original message

1. I like that they're truly cutting their footprint. People who say "I buy carbon credits" are copouts in my mind. I think carbon credits will go down as the biggest fraud in history (although I guess it will be nice to get all those new trees in Borneo).
apres moi, le deluge

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
Re: Ms. Ed the nonmonickered equine carbonizes
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 07:58:43 PM »
The Tonges have answered the environmental altar call and are working to reduce their so-called carbon footprint. They're upgrading ductwork, walking instead of driving and switching their traditional light bulbs to compact fluorescent lights.

Dear Mrs. Ed, grab a CFL, break it, lick it, get back with me. K?
Enjoy the mercury that will poison our groundwater.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline jukin

Re: Ms. Ed the nonmonickered equine carbonizes
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 08:03:48 PM »
"You couldn't, with a straight face, talk about efficiency if you weren't doing something yourself," Mr. Tonge said.

Who is going to tell the great con man Albert Gore about that?
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.