Author Topic: Obamaite sub-primitives don't like new trend  (Read 770 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Obamaite sub-primitives don't like new trend
« on: April 29, 2008, 06:50:50 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x5722110

Oh my.

I really like the term "Obuyer's remorse."

lwcon  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-28-08 05:07 PM
Original message

Poll question: DailyKos and MoveOn.org showing signs of Obuyer's remorse.

Upon seeing Obama throw virtually every Democrat under the bus on Fox News yesterday, Obama stalwarts Kos of DailyKos and Adam Green of MoveOn.org are shocked, shocked to find their candidate not just fallible, but weak.

The big question: why are they going public with their concerns?

Poll result (122 votes)

Brief lovers’ spat; regularly scheduled Clinton hate / Obama fawning will kick in by sunrise   (59 votes, 48%)   
Distancing themselves in case they need to haul in with Hillary   (33 votes, 27%)   
Preparing to haul in with Hillary   (6 votes, 5%)   
Distancing themselves ahead of Obama’s failure in the general election   (22 votes, 18%)
Distancing themselves ahead of Obama’s failure as a president   (2 votes, 2%)

It's predictably, a blazing bonfire, the primitives and Obamaite sub-primitives eviscerating each other.

Iwcon  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-28-08 09:39 PM
Response to Reply #27

73. Isn't there a Godwin's law on this contentless attack yet?   

You guys need some new material, ideally something honest, not that there's anything wrong with truthiness.

Obama's orchestrated campaign to paint the Clintons as racists is unequivocally the most Rovian thing done in this primary season, but it feels better to objectify and hate the Clintons, so it's all you little drones do.

When even Kos and MoveOn are starting to smell the coffee, you might start wondering who are the real "dead-enders" are here.

lwcon  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-28-08 09:34 PM
Response to Reply #1

71. It would take all night to highlight every admission Kos made in his post   

Try this one on for size: "What this does demonstrate, and quite clearly so, is that Obama is quite willing to score cheap political points at the expense of his base."

Kos had one of the great brands on the Internet, and he went all-in on supporting Obama, and even he is seeing how empty Obama's promises are. Be careful what you wish for, as they say.

lwcon  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-28-08 05:15 PM
Response to Reply #9

10. How's the Chablis?

lwcon  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Apr-29-08 03:14 AM
Response to Reply #45

82. The way Obama and his supporters...   

... spread the good feeling of unity is quite impressive, indeed.

On DU, you all have set quite a standard, rolling out the welcome mat to Hillary supporters with amazing graciousness and collegial debate. I for one didn't know I was an "asshole," a "moron," a "racist," "gay," or a "harpy" -- nor was I aware of the big checks Rupert Murdoch, Karl Rove, and Hillary herself were depositing into my account -- until you folks were kind enough to lend your thoughtful assistance to my journey for self-awareness.

On his site, Kos epitomized this feel-good vibe (there I go, taking like one of those awful Baby Boomers), when he said his site didn't need to be "fair" to Hillary, and when he called her supporters a "shrinking band of paranoid holdouts."

Finally, given how admirable the Republicans have proven themselves to be, it would be just dreadful to have a Democratic president who is a "fighter." Perish the thought!

Oh my.

It's a sub-civil war, a civil war inside a civil war, two Obamaite sub-primitives fighting:

cali  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-28-08 06:54 PM
Response to Reply #32

33. Like it or not, kos is by far and away the most influential blog on the net. Why do you think Kerry Conyers and dozens and dozens other Congressional dems blog there? Why do you think that hundreds of dems running for office blog there? And it's terrific on issues like the environment. ****ing ridiculous to suggest that it shouldn't be cited here.

Juniperx  (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-28-08 07:00 PM
Response to Reply #33

42. ****ing ridiculous to think that everyone understands the difference between opinion and fact.

Blogs should not be cited as a source of information. Anyone can post anything on a blog.

cali  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-28-08 07:18 PM
Response to Reply #42

52. bzzzt. some bloggers actually use facts to make their case, genius

your generalization is, well, stupid. duh. Witness Juan Cole, Glenn Greenwald, bloggers on *gasp* kos, and others.

Juniperx  (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-28-08 08:41 PM
Response to Reply #52

67. Then dumbasses should use the actual link to facts

Instead of a link to yet another opinion, dumbass.

cali  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Apr-29-08 04:08 AM
Response to Reply #67

85. why? because you can't handle the links in an original blog piece? Sorry, if you're that ****ing stupid, that's your problem, idiot.

It just goes on and on, this new phenomenon.

This looks as if it's starting (slowly, though) to play out the way I had assumed, in a very vague way, it would play out; first, the splinter between the primitives supporting Messalina Agrippina and the sub-primitives supporting Barry "Goldwater" Obama.....and then second, the splinter between sub-primitives supporting Barry "Goldwater" Obama and other sub-primitives supporting Barry "Goldwater" Obama.

Oh my.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
Re: Obamaite sub-primitives don't like new trend
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 11:55:09 PM »
You know, generally a train wreck is a rare thing, but I swear the left has at least one every day these days and not just the "one car came off the tracks" kind but tanks full of toxic chemicals crashing and spewing toxins everywhere.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Obamaite sub-primitives don't like new trend
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 05:02:55 AM »
You know, generally a train wreck is a rare thing, but I swear the left has at least one every day these days and not just the "one car came off the tracks" kind but tanks full of toxic chemicals crashing and spewing toxins everywhere.

Cindie

But, milady, the train wrecks get bigger and bigger every day!  :popcorn:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.