Author Topic: primitives plan to die  (Read 986 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives plan to die
« on: April 29, 2008, 12:51:00 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3220825

Oh my.

I got out the boat and rowed over to Skins's island, and this was the first bonfire to hit me, top of the page.

I have no idea.

Up2Late  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Apr-29-08 01:44 AM
Original message

Poll question: Would you rather be the first or last of your family to die?

Sorry if this seems like an odd poll, but I've been working on figuring out and posting my family tree at Ancestry.com for the last few months, so I've thinking about this a lot lately.

About and how long my relatives lived and noticing what they did with all their money when they died. Most of them did much better that I'll ever do in this Sh*t BushWorld economy. And when I told my Dad (who's 74 this year) that several of our family members lived to over 95 years old, all I could think about was, Wow, 50 more years of struggling in what's left of America. WooHoo.

Anyway, would you like to die first, or out live your brothers and sisters and friends and, by doing so, watch them all die one by one while you struggle to get by with out any retirement savings?

This is a poll, but as it's new and it's late at night, the primitives and sub-primitives haven't seen it yet.

This is just a really peculiar question; I'll check in the morning to see how the primitives and sub-primitives handled it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Re: primitives plan to die
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 10:45:35 AM »
I would think, once the fire gets going, they will all want to die first.

It's all about them to the DUmmies.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 10:48:43 AM »
You're right.

Poll result (33 votes)

First   (16 votes, 48%)   
Last   (13 votes, 39%)   
Somewhere in the middle   (2 votes, 6%)   
Not sure, tough question.   (2 votes, 6%)   
Other   (0 votes, 0%)

I'm busy a the moment, and so it'll be later when I go back to check the comments.

That is just a most peculiar sort of question.

Of course, it would be kind of nice if the primitives and sub-primitives did the planet and humanity in general a favor, and just laid down and faded from this life, period, in any order.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Flame

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 10:54:50 AM »
I figured they would all want to be left so they could inherit what everyone else had!

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 11:00:47 AM »
Anyway, would you like to die first, or out live your brothers and sisters and friends and, by doing so, watch them all die one by one while you struggle to get by with out any retirement savings?

That's quite an assumption.  What about the good planners and comfortable retirees?  Should those who die be jealous of them?  That is the other side of this DUmmie coin, after all.

Hey, DUmmies:  The ordinary normal decent people in this nation who reach retirement age are the wealthiest demographic this world has ever know.  It is the sour sad sacks (DUmmies) who waste their lives, who don't plan for their future, who must post stupid polls on insignificant message boards like DemocratUnderground.com to feed their empty egos and try to qualify their stupid ideas.      

Offline Lauri

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 11:03:39 AM »
i was under the impression that the aged in this country held most of the wealth? it would be understandable since they've lived longer, have more experience and time to change bad behaviors and downsize if theyre in over their head.