Author Topic: It is an embarrassment to Democratic Underground and the Democratic Party as a w  (Read 824 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Personnal I think they embarrass themselves everytime they start to type...

TheWraith (1000+ posts)      Mon Apr-28-08 06:25 PM
Original message http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x5723267
It is an embarrassment to Democratic Underground and the Democratic Party as a whole.
 Advertisements [?]You know what I'm talking about. The citing of right-wing "news" sources like Fox and NewsMax, trying to use their fiction to attack other Democrats. The repeating of myths and talking points right out of the mouth of the RNC. Smears, lies, and half-truths to make Karl Rove grin.

This kind of behavior is an embarrassment to Democratic Underground, and those who engage in it should be ashamed of themselves. Either they're behaving in a completely and shamelessly amoral way, or their views are so malleable that they can actually make themselves believe these things.

It's one thing to argue vehemently on issues of policy, or even style, or honesty. That's fine. Disagree to your heart's content. Fight, yell, insult each other. But don't bring out propaganda and treat it like it's fact, because that makes you a hypocrite.

We all know that if it were Republicans using these tactics, they would be universally condemned here. So don't anybody pretend that these made-up smears about "patriotism" and "toughness" we've railed against for years are now suddenly valid issues. Or that rumors and whisper campaigns are the same thing as facts. Or that people who were respected yesterday are targets for slime today because they disagree with you.

Because if you do, then you've sold out one of the biggest things that's supposed to make us different from them, which is being grounded in the real world, not in a fantasy made of spin and myth.

yes. use truthout.org, moveon.org, and recreate68.org as news sources. That will make people trust you.

QC  (1000+ posts)      Mon Apr-28-08 06:27 PM
Response to Original message
2. I agree. It used to be that posting crap from Krauthammer, Drudge, Newsmax,
 Wingnut Daily, Brooks, Noonan, etc. would get a person bounced out of here. Now it's a constant occurrence.

Kicked and recommended!

Because desent is not allowed in the hive. The truth is not welcome.

TheWraith (1000+ posts)      Mon Apr-28-08 08:07 PM
Response to Reply #6
19. Are you for real?
 Because I could only imagine your words being a joke of some kind, implying that Fox would offer anything but Republican propaganda, and yet you seem to be lacking a sarcasm smiley.

One wonders if the first amendment means to thewaste that only he gets to talk?

Zodiak Ironfist  (1000+ posts)       Mon Apr-28-08 06:47 PM
15. There was another thread about this a couple of weeks ago
 Edited on Mon Apr-28-08 06:48 PM by Zodiak Ironfist
It got locked because the mods feel that right-wing sources are okay as long as it is germane to the discussion.

Here is the relevant quote (I do NOT agree with how it is being used now):

Members are permitted to link to highly partisan conservative websites, provided that they are doing so in the proper context.

So it is technically not against the rules, but then again using right-wing sources to try to cut down the presumptive nominee of the Democratic primary is really stretching this rule. I mean reallllly stretching.

I cannot stand the DLC, but I do not need to link to right-wing sources to put arguments together. After all, I attack them from the left.

burn, baby, burn!

4themind (548 posts)      Mon Apr-28-08 06:57 PM
18. Hope they have no regrets later.
 It's like you have an army marching on a city, but you have many citizens in the city that join this advancing army to sling arrows against the citizenry that they disagree with, and after they're wounded/killed, THEN they try to hold off the advance back in the city again. There may be some hard lessons to be learned from this, I sincerely hope that the arrow slingers are aware of and are capable of accepting the risk.

what the **** is this retard going on about?

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
I'd say that the "4themind" primitive is touting the total number of brain cells they have.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.