Author Topic: It's pretty bad when a gallon of gas costs more than a person on minimum wage  (Read 3688 times)

Offline lastparker

It's pretty bad when a gallon of gas costs more than a person on minimum wage 

I like the thread title. 

Where can I buy me one of them persons on minimum wage.

My truck needs a good washing.  :-)

Ha!  That's exactly what I thought!!  Except I want one to clean my house.  :-)

On another note, sometimes I like to put on my tinfoil hat and imagine that this is their way of forcing us gas-guzzling SUV drivers to buy hybrids.
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

I have been...the key is to be organized and pay attention to what you get, but still, if something bleeps up, at that point that is the stores fault for not properly entering sku/coupon bar codes. I won't mention if they are not staffed properly too. I don't apologize for store errors or inefficiencies and normally those take the longest.

It's usually the people trying to get away with something and bringing coupons for crap they don't have who hold the lines up :thatsright: I've worked in one of these places...had a nice little homeschooling mom who constantly tried this crap. I'm sure there were lots of valuable lessons to her children about stealing and she'd bring them all(7) as a distraction.

So the key here, people, is to pay attention to the coupon.  If it says "minimum wage car washer" please DO NOT try to get a "below minimum wage painter."  It screws up the system and makes the line longer.  And it is one coupon per customer.  And don't try that "my 12-yo daughter is buying separate from me" crap -- the stores are onto you.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12

I have been...the key is to be organized and pay attention to what you get, but still, if something bleeps up, at that point that is the stores fault for not properly entering sku/coupon bar codes. I won't mention if they are not staffed properly too. I don't apologize for store errors or inefficiencies and normally those take the longest.

It's usually the people trying to get away with something and bringing coupons for crap they don't have who hold the lines up :thatsright: I've worked in one of these places...had a nice little homeschooling mom who constantly tried this crap. I'm sure there were lots of valuable lessons to her children about stealing and she'd bring them all(7) as a distraction.

So the key here, people, is to pay attention to the coupon.  If it says "minimum wage car washer" please DO NOT try to get a "below minimum wage painter."  It screws up the system and makes the line longer.  And it is one coupon per customer.  And don't try that "my 12-yo daughter is buying separate from me" crap -- the stores are onto you.

So, then, what's the age limit, then?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

So, then, what's the age limit, then?

No, it the "knowing looks" that is the tell.  If your kid looks like she can do her own shopping and you give her money, you should be OK. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.