Author Topic: Obama to Wright: WOULD YOU JUST SHUT THE **** UP!  (Read 2284 times)

Offline Lauri

Obama to Wright: WOULD YOU JUST SHUT THE **** UP!
« on: April 28, 2008, 09:11:37 AM »
Seeker30  (800 posts)
Obama to Wright: WOULD YOU JUST SHUT THE **** UP!

:spank:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x5715387

uh oh..  :popcorn:

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Re: Obama to Wright: WOULD YOU JUST SHUT THE **** UP!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 09:16:51 AM »
indie_ana_500 (1000+ posts)      Mon Apr-28-08 09:34 AM
Response to Reply #5
14. There is a time and place for everything. Wright is on an ego trip, recognizing...
 that he is hurting Obama's chances in the race to be President, but choosing to take advantage of his newfound national fame. After Obama does not throw Wright under the bus, Wright repays him in this way.

Wright is basically excoriating against white people and injustices...activism. There is nothing wrong with this. But the timing could not be worse. Obama is at this moment trying to get white votes. His chance of being successful at that is hurt now.

There is a time and place for things. I believe this has cost Obama the nomination. Who wants to see this guy giving national speeches every week, which is what may happen if Obama gets elected.

Indy's definition of activism: excoriating against white people. At least it's no longer simply just hinted at. Wright hates white people. It's obvious.

I'm surprised I didn't see a reference for "truth to power" yet.  :whatever:
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 09:25:50 AM »
There is nothing wrong with this. But the timing could not be worse. Obama is at this moment trying to get white votes. His chance of being successful at that is hurt now.

Is not the timing perfect?  Do not the people deserve to know the truth BEFORE the election?  Is it not rather DISHONEST to hide important facts in order to get elected?

Why the need to hide who he is?  Is it really honorable if you have to fool people into voting for you?  Should we not have potential candidates be honest and say, "Look, this is who I am.  Vote for me or don't"?

This is what I tried to explain to so many RonPaulites about Paul's pork spending.  Paul is dishonest and unprincipled.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 09:26:31 AM »
apparently, Wright has a book coming out soon.. let's hope "soon" is around August or so..  :popcorn:

Offline Lauri

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 09:31:02 AM »
There is nothing wrong with this. But the timing could not be worse. Obama is at this moment trying to get white votes. His chance of being successful at that is hurt now.

Is not the timing perfect?  Do not the people deserve to know the truth BEFORE the election?  Is it not rather DISHONEST to hide important facts in order to get elected?

Why the need to hide who he is?  Is it really honorable if you have to fool people into voting for you?  Should we not have potential candidates be honest and say, "Look, this is who I am.  Vote for me or don't"?

This is what I tried to explain to so many RonPaulites about Paul's pork spending.  Paul is dishonest and unprincipled.

of all the reasons for why this is 'bad' for Obama right now, in the hundreds of posts over there today about Rev Wright, they dont even get light years close to the reasons.

youre right though; if Obama has to hide himself and his wife and his relationships, then... how do the voters get to know the man? He should be proud of his stances and his relationships - and the fact that he cant hide any of it is what really chaps them.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 09:36:42 AM »
Wright shot himself in the foot yet again.  I watched him this morning, he came across arrogant and as a race baiter.  He had his "people" there too, clapping and shouting out well placed "AMENS" with him like it was sunday morning.  I'm so glad someone asked him about the government giving the black people AIDS, he brought up the Tuskegee experiment and didn't back down from his claim one bit.      

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 09:41:39 AM »
Wright shot himself in the foot yet again.  I watched him this morning, he came across arrogant and as a race baiter.  He had his "people" there too, clapping and shouting out well placed "AMENS" with him like it was sunday morning.  I'm so glad someone asked him about the government giving the black people AIDS, he brought up the Tuskegee experiment and didn't back down from his claim one bit.      
Ugh. I'm so sick and tired of that crap. I have a friend (who I dearly love) but she buys into conspiracies quite easily and she's a liberal. I mentioned that because of the global food issues, govts that have banned genetically modified crops may have to rethink their argument. And, that in Africa, food has been turned away because it was GM. People are starving because of it. I posted an article to back that up and she immediately threw out the Tuskegee thing!

I guess I know who her Reverend is now :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 10:06:33 AM »
Again proving that liberals have to say things they do not believe and hide things they do to get elected. Right out of the horse's ass's  :-)mouth.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 11:11:05 AM »
Wright shot himself in the foot yet again.  I watched him this morning, he came across arrogant and as a race baiter.  He had his "people" there too, clapping and shouting out well placed "AMENS" with him like it was sunday morning.  I'm so glad someone asked him about the government giving the black people AIDS, he brought up the Tuskegee experiment and didn't back down from his claim one bit.     

Somebody on Fox this morning made good point.  I think Wright WANTS Hussien to lose.

If Hussein wins the nomination, or God forbid, the Presidency, then Wright, Jackson, Sharpton and Farrakhan are out of work.

looks like you are right..

Wright to Obama: 'Coming after you'
By MIKE ALLEN | 4/28/08 11:58 AM EST  Text Size:     

The Rev. Jeremiah Wright said Monday that he will try to chance national policy by “coming after” Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) if he is elected president.

The pastor also insisted Obama “didn’t denounce” him and “didn’t distance himself” from Wright’s controversial remarks, but “did what politicians do.”

Wright implied Obama still agrees with him by saying: “He had to distance himself, because he's a politician, from what the media was saying I had said, which was [portrayed as] anti-American.”

Wright, who was Obama’s pastor for 20 years and performed his wedding, made the explosive comment during a chaotic question-and-answer session at the National Press Club in Washington, following the pastor’s remarks about the black church in America.

“I said to Barack Obama last year, ‘If you get elected, November the 5th I'm coming after you, because you'll be representing a government whose policies grind under people,’ Wright said.

The minister was speaking as part of a tour that is drawing heavy news coverage and causing a huge headache for Obama’s presidential campaign.

Obama, seeking to distance himself from remarks by Wright that some have taken as anti-American, has emphasized that Wright has retired.

But Wright talks of their relationship in the present tense. “I'm a pastor; he's a member,” he said. “I'm not a ‘spiritual mentor.’ “

In the Democratic debate on April 16, Obama referred to Wright as “somebody who is associated with me that I have disowned,” then clarified that to say he had disowned the comments.

But Wright objected to a question saying Obama had denounced him.

“Whoever wrote that question doesn't read or watch the news,” Wright said. “He did not denounce me. He distanced himself from some of my remarks, like most of you, never having heard the sermon, all right? …

“He didn't distance himself. He had to distance himself, because he's a politician, from what the media was saying I had said, which was [portrayed as] anti-American. … He did, as I said, what politicians do.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0408/9912.html

« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 11:13:55 AM by Lauri »

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 11:54:21 AM »
Wright shot himself in the foot yet again.  I watched him this morning, he came across arrogant and as a race baiter.  He had his "people" there too, clapping and shouting out well placed "AMENS" with him like it was sunday morning.  I'm so glad someone asked him about the government giving the black people AIDS, he brought up the Tuskegee experiment and didn't back down from his claim one bit.     

Somebody on Fox this morning made good point.  I think Wright WANTS Hussien to lose.

If Hussein wins the nomination, or God forbid, the Presidency, then Wright, Jackson, Sharpton and Farrakhan are out of work.

Rush was saying the same thing this morning.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 12:04:04 PM »

I heard that as well and I have to agree.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 12:20:13 PM »
The Rev. Jeremiah Wright said Monday that he will try to chance national policy by “coming after” Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) if he is elected president.

The pastor also insisted Obama “didn’t denounce” him and “didn’t distance himself” from Wright’s controversial remarks, but “did what politicians do.”

Wright implied Obama still agrees with him by saying: “He had to distance himself, because he's a politician, from what the media was saying I had said, which was [portrayed as] anti-American.”

Wright, who was Obama’s pastor for 20 years and performed his wedding, made the explosive comment during a chaotic question-and-answer session at the National Press Club in Washington, following the pastor’s remarks about the black church in America.

“I said to Barack Obama last year, ‘If you get elected, November the 5th I'm coming after you, because you'll be representing a government whose policies grind under people,’ Wright said.

This just keeps getting better and better.
All those lies and years of the left playing their race card against the right while being inherently racist themselves, is knocking the shit out of them.

I never thought I would see a day when the most racist and loudest black activists would deny a black man a shot at the presidency because it would cost them their livelihood.

Paybacks are a beotch!

Life is good and I gotta tell you, I am getting high off of their angst.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 01:08:44 PM »

Cindie

Could be; Wright's blathering isn't adding anything positive to Obama's White appeal, and he can't actually improve the Black appeal, so the only thing left is to make it "The Jeremian Wright Show" so he can drag The Chosen One down and build a bigger base for himself in the Black community after Obama loses the election (Or the primary, which would be better).
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 01:18:12 PM »

Cindie

Could be; Wright's blathering isn't adding anything positive to Obama's White appeal, and he can't actually improve the Black appeal, so the only thing left is to make it "The Jeremian Wright Show" so he can drag The Chosen One down and build a bigger base for himself in the Black community after Obama loses the election (Or the primary, which would be better).

I actually think the magic negro is now very firmly on the horns of a dilemma......If he throws Rev. Wright under the bus (loudly and publicly) he looses the black vote....and if he doesn't, it is shaping up that he will lose large blocks of the white (working class) vote.....

Sucks to be Barry.....

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 01:32:38 PM »

Not so much out of work but alot of their race baiting would be taken away from them and thier power along with it
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Lauri

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 01:56:01 PM »

Not so much out of work but alot of their race baiting would be taken away from them and thier power along with it

people ask Rush this all the time, and it never occurred to me until he had to start answering, but he's right: If Obama were to win the entire thing and become president, you would see these black 'spiritual' leaders puff up to enormous size. there would be NO way to critisize the president then; everything would be racist?

dont like his new energy program? you're racists

dont like his cabinet appointments? you're racists

and on and on and on ... this will never end in this country until the media stops propping these idiots up.

and they make for awesome sound bites that bring ratings, so, ergo, it will.. never end.