Author Topic: "Why I probably will never vote for Obama..."  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Lauri

"Why I probably will never vote for Obama..."
« on: April 28, 2008, 08:48:19 AM »
BooScout  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
Original message
Why I probably will never vote for Obama......

I keep going aback and forth on this issue. I have severely curtailed my time here at DU because i knew the nasty, sexist and divisive comments by some people here were making it impossible for me to vote for Obama in the GE if he wins the nomination.

As it stands now, I will not be voting for Obama if he clinches the nomination. I reserve the right to change my mind later. I will write Clinton's name in on my ballot if she is not the nominee.

A whole lot of my decision to not vote if necessary is based on the treatment of Clinton by members of the Democratic establishment. I have watched as people I thought were good Democrats smeared both Clintons and their reputations beyond all reason. For those saying it's politics as usual, I dispute that thought. I have never seen any race within the party turn this nasty. ever.

The nail in the coffin on my vote however, has probably come from the Democratic Underground and many Obama supporters here. I have been told to **** off too many times to count, I have been called a bitch, a whore a **** and a clitonista.

For those that say for me not to let some anonymous persons on the internet influence me, I'll tell you right off that i met my husband on the net, and behind every person posting here is a real person that walks in the real world and some of those people think the nasty hate filled thoughts that they express here so un-eloquently.

I know we are not allowed to stay here unless we support the Democratic Nominee. That's cool......those are Skinner's rules and it's his board so I'll abide by them when and if the time comes. I'll not voice my dissent against Obama here if he ever becomes the nominee.

I just wanted to let some of you know that the way you speak to others could very well be influencing some of us to a certain degree.

I keep thinking if Middle America saw some of the stuff posted on this board on their nightly television they would be quite shocked at the level of vitriol on this board.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x5714535

and the first two responses of 100+ posts...

scheming daemons  (1000+ posts)
1. "I have been told to **** off too many times to count"

Here's one more.

Champion_Jack Donating Member (1000+ posts)
12. Make that 2 more and let me add to the OP, why don't you just leave

Offline jukin

Re: "Why I probably will never vote for Obama..."
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 10:18:28 AM »
The Dumpmonkies really are in the lower three sigma of the bell curve.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 12:02:13 PM »
The nail in the coffin on my vote however, has probably come from the Democratic Underground and many Obama supporters here. I have been told to **** off too many times to count, I have been called a bitch, a whore a **** and a clitonista.

I swear I had a Freudian moment there when I thought I read clitoRista instead of clintonista...rather ironic since The Adulterer In Chief has always seemed more focused on his own needs than who ever is currently blowing him.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 12:05:56 PM »
Obama supports and Ron Paul supporters sound like they are one in the same.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 02:47:09 PM »
Obama supports and Ron Paul supporters sound like they are one in the same.

Actually, that was pretty brave of the Boy Scout primitive, to publicly announce that on Skins's island, rather than just silently walking away.

The sub-primitives, the Obamaites, can be a vengeful bunch, unrestrained in their Hatred, and if I were the Boy Scout primitive, I'd double-triple-lock the doors, and not even turn the ignition on the motor vehicle until it's been scanned by a bomb-squad first.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 03:28:25 PM »

I swear I had a Freudian moment there when I thought I read clitoRista instead of clintonista...rather ironic since The Adulterer In Chief has always seemed more focused on his own needs than who ever is currently blowing him.

Cindie

Me to. Woa! I have a filthy mind.

MUST-NOT-DU-POLITICS
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 04:08:25 PM »

Cindie

I had the same thought but it was 'cause she dropped the first "n" in it!

:rotf:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline stickyboot

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 10:48:44 PM »

Cindie

I had the same thought but it was 'cause she dropped the first "n" in it!

I do that all the time (drop the first "n" while typing that name, and sometimes when pronouncing it) and it's going to embarrass me eventually. Oddly, I never had that particular problem with her husband.

:rotf: