Author Topic: Anyone in Financial Hell? (This pissed me off)  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Anyone in Financial Hell? (This pissed me off)
« on: April 12, 2008, 11:18:38 AM »
glowing  (1000+ posts) Fri Apr-11-08 08:45 PM

Original message
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3146726

So, I have an idea; only because the creditors are calling me 100times a day now. Everytime a creditor calls to harrass you, call your representative. Once they get multiple phone calls from many, many people on their phones and v. mails, perhaps they'd do something about this financial mess they have helped to create. Personally, I'm going to start doing this. I was talking with my sis n' law. She is recently divorced. Their joint house is not selling (surprise, surprise). Both of them are not paying their c.c., and instead of her ex-hubby paying their old joing c.c., he's giving up and giving her an extra $210.00 of child support a month (which is still half the amount he should be paying).. He also said at the firestation where he worked, most of the phone calls coming in were from creditors looking for money. So, its not just one or two people.. its a mess of people.. people who are employed.. people who are saying F it, I've got more important things to pay for like milk and bread. For me, I could pay some of them; but I'm saving the extra under the bed for the rainy days...

I HOPE your Representative has better things to do than listen to you whine all day about the mess you have gotten yourself into.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: Anyone in Financial Hell? (This pissed me off)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 11:36:18 AM »
It appears that Glowing is a real piece of work;

IowaGirl  (387 posts)

Fri Apr-11-08 09:50 PM
Response to Reply #7

22. Tell them you are considering bankruptcy and many companies will start negotiating. They know if 
 you declare bankruptcy, they will either get nothing or only a small fraction after being tied up forever. I've been in this situation and you can beat it. Hang in there!!

IowaGirl offers advise that Glowing likes soooo;

glowing  (1000+ posts)       
Fri Apr-11-08 10:15 PM
Response to Reply #22

28. Actually, I'm trying some manifesting on this situation.. It'll be interesting 
 to see how the universe provides this time.. I know I shouldn't say this in a "serious" forum and should be in the spiritual group.. but so far.. its been incredibly successful for me in strange little ways.

Yeah, that'll get your bills paid.

faygokid  (1000+ posts)       
Fri Apr-11-08 08:55 PM
Response to Original message

4. There are laws against harassment. Go to a Legal Services lawyer.
 Also, you could write your creditors saying don't contact you anymore. Should you put them on notice, they have to stop.

That doesn't mean you don't owe it. You may need to work this out. Saving it under the bed for rainy days is not a solution, and it won't get better. This is your rainy day. Time to get help, and face it.

faygokid offers some 'decent' advise ... for a DUmmie but gets;

glowing  (1000+ posts)       
Fri Apr-11-08 09:04 PM
Response to Reply #4

8. No, this is what people need to understand.. its a broken system that does not
 work.. We need to create a new model of living for our future.. We need a system that promotes sustainability and promotes wealth through happiness and health rather than who has the most pieces of paper in their wallets. Everyone needs to understand this, grasp this.. and lets move forward.. and create a world that promotes a harmony of balance, rather than creating playgrounds for a few lucky at the top.

Yeah, that'll get the bills paid.   :whatever:

But wait .... weren't you working within THIS system ... the one we have RIGHT NOW when you set up all these bills?  How is it now you want to move to a new system.  One the rest of us DON'T UNDERSTAND?!

glowing  (1000+ posts)       
Fri Apr-11-08 09:13 PM
Response to Reply #10

14. No, some are not at a place in their lives where they are ready to accept 
 that this whole thing called money and jobs is a complete ****ing sham and it heards us into collective servitude and silence.
How many CEO's of failing companies are losing their homes? They laugh at us.. call us stupid for working so hard.. I'm not sure when people will wake up and make them quake in their boots a bit?

Wow, it sure spoke truth to power with that post.   :whatever:

Hmmm I need to take a break from that post.  The more I read the angrier I get.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 12:00:39 PM »
I was reading this thread at DU, seems like a freeper troll has been PMing innocent victims of the *economy

Breeze54  (1000+ posts)       Sat Apr-12-08 01:07 AM
10. Not according to the jackass that just PM'd me!
 The leading question in the PM was in reference to an OP I made late last night about a bill... I PAID!

(Although I didn't pay it all off)

The question: "Why didn't you pay your whole bill so that company didn't have to call you three times in 48 hours then?"

I swear we have some real piece's of work here on DU. Some always pay their bills on time
and in full and just don't "get it" why others may not be able to do the same, it seems!

I guess I'll just turn my bills over to those f**king A-holes then!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 12:24:22 PM »
I was reading this thread at DU, seems like a freeper troll has been PMing innocent victims of the *economy

Breeze54  (1000+ posts)       Sat Apr-12-08 01:07 AM
10. Not according to the jackass that just PM'd me!
 The leading question in the PM was in reference to an OP I made late last night about a bill... I PAID!

(Although I didn't pay it all off)

The question: "Why didn't you pay your whole bill so that company didn't have to call you three times in 48 hours then?"

I swear we have some real piece's of work here on DU. Some always pay their bills on time
and in full and just don't "get it" why others may not be able to do the same, it seems!

I guess I'll just turn my bills over to those f**king A-holes then!  

That would be the best thing it could do to get its bills in order.  They never understand that it is THEY who create their problem.

KC

*Stolen

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 12:32:40 PM »
reeze54  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Apr-12-08 01:27 AM
Response to Reply #14
20. Yeah and they act like they've NEVER been there....

If that is true, then they were born with silver spoons in their mouths and probably don't have Clue 1 about hardship.

and if not? Then they're high and mighty liars trying to pump up their own ego's at the lowly hourly workers expense!!

I say... **** them! :grr:

This asshole can kiss my ass.  I worked my ass off from the time that I was in HS to present -- no ****ing silver spoon for me!  And the same is true for the majority of Americans who get up, go to work, make good financial decisions, stay within their budget, pay their bills on time, and feel responsible for their position.

How DARE this ****ing loser say that everyone who isn't an idiot was born with a silver spoon.  How ****ing DARE he/she/it?  What an insult.

I hope I run into this asshole in a cardboard box in an alley while he/she/it is drinking ripple and stinking to high hell so I can piss on their box.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 12:34:18 PM »
OwnedByFerrets  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Apr-12-08 04:53 PM
Response to Reply #13
47. What makes a person a FOOL if they are not in the

position that they CAN board up for the coming financial storm. Just because you were lucky enough or smart enough to be able to do that, doesnt automatically make those who cant FOOLS. :puke:

Yes it does.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 12:38:13 PM »
We have another winner!

Cresent City Kid (9 posts)     
Fri Apr-11-08 10:53 PM

35. A different kind of hell
 I guess I'm lucky I don't have problems with creditors, a by product of not qualifying for credit. My most recent financial hell began when I became one of the 80,000 people laid off in March. I worked for a survey company that got caught up in the housing debacle. They weren't just stuck with unsellable houses, they were stuck with unsellable subdivisions.

The fun began when I applied for unemployment, and my wife applied for food stamps. I've only lived in Texas since Katrina, so I had no idea how their state agencies work. For unemployment, they actually give you homework. You have to apply for 5 jobs per week and fill out a form detailing your job hunting.(Oh the NERVE!) This has to be done during the time they are trying to find reasons to reject your claim. Even if you get approved, they hold the first week's check for a week. (you mean like they do when you get a REAL job?!)By the way, severence pay counts as salary so I'll have to wait 2 more weeks.

Here's the pisser. To get food stamps in Texas, you have to work at least 20 hours a week. I'm not worried about it for myself, I'll be okay, but I just can't believe the unemployed can't get food stamps in this state. I guess they operate under the assumption that there's a job out there for everyone, something that I thought was disproven by the Great Depression.

I have to go now, I have to apply for 5 jobs, even though there aren't even 5 available jobs in my profession. 

And Lord knows it MUST work in its profession .... it must.

KC

*Stolen

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 12:45:14 PM »
And here is the winner of the DU geenius of the day award.

djohnson  (1000+ posts)     
Fri Apr-11-08 09:26 PM

19. Good Luck to you...
 Apparently states all have different 'statute of limitations' on open ended accounts (CCs) and FL looks like one of the lowest, 4 years (http://www.creditinfocenter.com/rebuild/statuteLimitati... ).

I do not know what happens after this time expires, but if these callers are too lazy to serve a court order now, I doubt they deserve payment. They are just lowlifes who have nothing offer society.
Credit cards are issued with the sole objective of RIPPING PEOPLE OFF. They should be illegal. I have no sympathy for these companies whatsoever.

Uh, yeah.

KC

*Stolen

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 05:48:01 PM »
Makes me glad I have no credit card debt.   :-)

My only debt is my car and mortgage.   :-)

It can be done. These people need to learn to live within their means.  If you can't pay cash, you don't need it.  Period. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 06:09:48 PM »

It can be done. These people need to learn to live within their means.  If you can't pay cash, you don't need it.  Period. 

I wonder how many heads would asplode if the DUmmies knew I'm trying to buy a house right now? AND that I'm not the only one I know of who is. :-)

Offline VivisMom

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 06:15:54 PM »
No, some are not at a place in their lives where they are ready to accept 
 that this whole thing called money and jobs is a complete ****ing sham and it heards us into collective servitude and silence.

That right there sums up the DUmp so perfectly that it takes my breath away. "Work is for chumps!" Talk about laziness.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 06:17:39 PM »

I wonder how many heads would asplode if the DUmmies knew I'm trying to buy a house right now? AND that I'm not the only one I know of who is. :-)

I bought my first home last summer.  :-)  My mom says that she's going to sell her own home next year, I'd looooove to buy it and I told my boss yesterday that I'm gonna need a raise.

A lot of people at DU don't believe that:  1. I made less than $30,000 last year 2. Have no credit card debt and 3. Bought a house.

Yes folks, it can be done.   :-)
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008, 07:06:58 PM »
Asshats. Utter asshats.

It's people like these idjits posting on DU that make the financial situation worse for all of us!!!!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline jukin

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2008, 05:41:46 PM »
You callous bastards!!!!111!!!

I'm sending white light to glowing.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.