Author Topic: My Idiot Brother-in-law and Potassium Iodide...  (Read 1240 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
My Idiot Brother-in-law and Potassium Iodide...
« on: March 20, 2011, 09:21:09 AM »
MineralMan  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Mar-20-11 09:54 AM
Original message
My Idiot Brother-in-law and Potassium Iodide...

The place is Minnesota, and the player is my teabagger moron brother-in-law, who has not read a newspaper nor listened to or watched a normal news program for years. Listening to satellite right-wing radio is is only contact with the world beyond his house. So, he finally heard about the radiation problem in Japan yesterday from some radio moron, and heard that potassium iodide is the thing to have to protect himself from deadly fallout that will somehow teleport itself to Minnesota.

Being the moron that he is, he did not seek out the stuff himself, but sent his wife to get some. Now, I'm not sure where she found it, but she came back with a 100-count bottle of potassium iodide pills to meet the needs of him, her, and their 13-year-old son. She told my wife about it yesterday. My wife advised extreme caution with these pills and suggested that a consultation with their doctor might be in order before gobbling the pills. I later told my wife that some people are allergic to the stuff without even knowing it, and that it can lead to anaphylaxis and death, along with being absolutely useless against anything but Iodine-131, which will not come here to Minnesota. She has passed that information on to her sister, but I'm sure it will have no good effect.

You see, the teabagger radio blabber has spoken, and that settles it for my idiot brother-in-law. I do not speak with him, for my blood pressure's sake, so all communications are passed with my wife as the intermediary. I'll make one more attempt to inject some reason into this, but I doubt it will be of use.

This is what we face out there - morons listening to other morons, then buying enough potassium iodide to supply their entire townhome development.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x696979

I love the bouncies where they claim a "tea bagger" is doing what they are currently doing.
The DUmmies say we hate science yet we are the ones not panicking over the nuclear problem in Japan, and why? That's right because we know the science behind it.

I do wonder however, if this tale could be a coded shot at Nadin.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: My Idiot Brother-in-law and Potassium Iodide...
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 09:26:20 AM »
That's funny, I haven't heard anyone on "right wing talk radio" advising about this at all, if anything they've advised the opposite, not to take it unless it's recommended to take if we have an emergency here.

BTW, this IMO is projection, the left has been looking like idiots since this whole thing started, so this :bouncy: was purposely done to take the heat off of them.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 09:28:34 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x696979

I love the bouncies where they claim a "tea bagger" is doing what they are currently doing.
The DUmmies say we hate science yet we are the ones not panicking over the nuclear problem in Japan, and why? That's right because we know the science behind it.

That's what I was wondering as I read it.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 09:41:25 AM »
That's what I was wondering as I read it.

KC

Make that three of us. :-)

Stand by for number four.

BTW, I'd love to see Nada-yaada, jump into that fray. :rotf:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 09:42:16 AM »
That's funny, I haven't heard anyone on "right wing talk radio" advising about this at all, if anything they've advised the opposite, not to take it unless it's recommended to take if we have an emergency here.

BTW, this IMO is projection, the left has been looking like idiots since this whole thing started, so this :bouncy: was purposely done to take the heat off of them.

Bingo, madam, right on the mark.

I haven't heard any hysteria about "radiation poisoning" excepting.....from the left.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 09:43:31 AM »

Well if it is he needs to have the cajones to come out and say it and not lie about what he thinks "right wing talk radio" has been saying when in fact they've said the opposite. Own up to the kooks that share your ideology and don't drag us into it.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 09:46:36 AM »
And isn't Mineral Man the same guy who has like over 10,000 posts on Free Republic?

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 09:48:16 AM »
And isn't Mineral Man the same guy who has like over 10,000 posts on Free Republic?

Yeah.

The anti-osteopathic primitive's in the last half of his 60s, lives in Minnesota, likes to fish, and for reasons only God knows, likes Nebraska football.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 09:51:45 AM »
Yeah.

The anti-osteopathic primitive's in the last half of his 60s, lives in Minnesota, likes to fish, and for reasons only God knows, likes Nebraska football.

Why the heck would he even post at FR?

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 09:58:48 AM »
Why the heck would he even post at FR?

I can't imagine he would last too long as a mole. It's much easier for civilized people (us) to act barbaric, than it is for barbarians (them) to act civilized.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 10:01:05 AM »
I can't imagine he would last too long as a mole. It's much easier for civilized people (us) to act barbaric, than it is for barbarians (them) to act civilized.

He's had over 10,000 posts there from what I've read. That just makes me suspicious, is he toying with people at DU?

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 10:18:48 AM »
.....is he toying with people at DU?

shhhhhh.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 10:50:55 AM »

He was zotted quite some time ago.
Caught somewhere in time

Offline jukin

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 10:53:42 AM »
Common sense people on the radio have been 180 degrees opposite of the fear mongering of the democrat propaganda arm known as the MSM.

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2011, 12:17:00 PM »
Michael Savage has mentioned it on his show, but is not promoting the use of these pills.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 12:20:19 PM »

I don't have right-wing satellite radio. Does anybody? Maybe it is exclusive information for people who have that?
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 12:22:42 PM »
Make that three of us. :-)

Stand by for number four.

BTW, I'd love to see Nada-yaada, jump into that fray. :rotf:
Present!
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 01:03:30 PM »
Present!

I'm in!

I got an email from my sister out in Port Hueneme, where her husband is stationed, and she told me that on post, they're not being overwhelmed with hype from the Navy.  But, you can't find a iodide pill anywhere on the West Coast.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2011, 01:05:00 PM »
Michael Savage has mentioned it on his show, but is not promoting the use of these pills.

Oh yeah, they've mentioned the pills but they've also cautioned against using them.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2011, 01:06:04 PM »
I don't have right-wing satellite radio. Does anybody? Maybe it is exclusive information for people who have that?

I thought maybe he was talking about XM or Sirius.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2011, 03:24:11 PM »
I thought maybe he was talking about XM or Sirius.

XM has that renowned evil rich right wing rethuglican Oprah on it. They also hosted that right wing Err 'Merica  after it failed on regular radio. Of course that was before the merger so Sirius must have dragged them left.  ::)

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2011, 03:34:15 PM »
Us teabaggers sure are stupid.  How about you check in with Nadin and see about her potassium iodide stockpile?  I, for one, have yet to see potassium iodide on any of our shelves in the stores.  I was browsing to see if people were buying them off the shelves in Nevada, but I can't even find it.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.