Author Topic: How dare you have it better than me.  (Read 983 times)

Offline thundley4

How dare you have it better than me.
« on: February 21, 2011, 09:26:10 PM »
SmileyRose (1000+ posts)           Sun Feb-20-11 10:03 AM
Original message

Edited on Sun Feb-20-11 10:03 AM by SmileyRose
I hear this an awful lot.

"I have to pay my own health care premiums. What makes union workers think they deserve full paid healthcare?"
"I'll never be able to retire. What makes union workers think they deserve a pension?"

Will someone please figure out how to explain to these bozos that union workers think EVERYONE deserves decent benefits and a retirement with dignity?

Will someone please figure out how to explain to these bozos that union workers have always fought for EVERYONE, not just themselves?

Will someone please figure out how to explain to these bozos that they should be next to the union guy fighting for better benefits?

That is all.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x462893

Most of what follows the OP is DUmmies defending the public unions getting rich on the backs of tax payers.  None of them seem to see the irony of their envious attitudes towards the rich who do NOT take money from tax payers.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: How dare you have it better than me.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 09:35:43 PM »
How dare you have it better than me

Is that what the DU rants about everyday when it comes to the rich?

My tax dollars aren't funding the rich but they fund union workers in my state.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Dongus

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 09:51:52 PM »
fascisthunter Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Donate to DU!    Sun Feb-20-11 12:23 PM
Response to Reply #6
32. what happens when we tax payers don't support worker's rights?

exactly....if you aren't selfish, you begin to see the value in a working class that CAN protect itself from selfishly blind business owners. I believe in a fair system... you don't. You'd rather unions not exist at all, and then what do workers do? What we pay in taxes for public infrastructure is being obviously ignored in your post. Since Unions have started losing strength in this country till now, we see a decline in the middle class and we see a decline in our economy as well.

". . . selfishly blind business owners" have jack shit to do with public unions, aside from funding them through taxes.  I love it when dummies talk about fair.  Fair is the equal application of the law.  Fair is represented by the blindfolded statue with the scales.  The DU version of the statue would have Clinton copping a feel and Jesse Jackson tilting the scales.

Offline FreeBorn

• Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 10:04:43 PM »
". . . selfishly blind business owners" have jack shit to do with public unions, aside from funding them through taxes.  I love it when dummies talk about fair.  Fair is the equal application of the law.  Fair is represented by the blindfolded statue with the scales.  The DU version of the statue would have Clinton copping a feel and Jesse Jackson tilting the scales.
Congrats on your first high five! :naughty:

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin; And how do you tell an anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." ~Ronald Reagan

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 10:42:53 PM »
Anyone send up the bobo signal?
She is homeless you know.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline CC27

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 10:46:20 PM »
Anyone send up the bobo signal?
She is homeless you know.

The Buick spot  light bulb needs to be changed.  :-)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 10:47:44 PM »
Irony is lost on DUmmies.

Offline Dongus

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 10:51:59 PM »
NNN0LHI Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Donate to DU!    Sun Feb-20-11 10:35 AM
Response to Original message
9. Tried to explain all this years ago and all everyone wanted to talk about was their non-union Hondas

Needless to say my Union didn't receive a lot of support around here.

Remember?

Don

LOL  Subaru, Honda, and Toyota are all non-union, and they all manufacture cars in the US.  Oddly, they all are in the top 5 in reliability.  Do we need to be reminded where GM, Ford, and Chrysler rank?  What do they have in common? At least Chrysler employees have fun on their lunch breaks. 

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 12:18:48 AM »
Wonder how many union employee, especially the public kind, have to take mandatory drug tests?

We could probably weed out a hell of a lot of these leeches! ( pun definitely intended! )
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 12:26:02 AM »
Fail to pay your union dues for a couple of sittings and get back to me on the whole "everyone" thing.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 05:46:58 AM »
I find it funny the same unions who helped Obama shove Obamacare down our throats all get a waiver from having to follow it. Yep those unions really are looking out for us.  :mental:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 06:57:13 AM »
I have a short rant about unions:

I despise them!  AFGE, NAGE are at the top of my most hated list.

Offline Karin

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 07:42:00 AM »
RE the OP:  EVERYONE.  Really?  Doesn't fly, no matter how many dopey internet posts you make.  Try being a salaried person in a union plant.  Even a $22K lowly entry level accountant.  They hate you and vilify you, sneer at you, and leer at you.  "****in salary help" is how they refer to you.  As if they're somehow victimized by you, while they bring down $85K per year.  EVERYONE my ass. 

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 08:14:37 AM »
RE the OP:  EVERYONE.  Really?  Doesn't fly, no matter how many dopey internet posts you make.  Try being a salaried person in a union plant.  Even a $22K lowly entry level accountant.  They hate you and vilify you, sneer at you, and leer at you.  "****in salary help" is how they refer to you.  As if they're somehow victimized by you, while they bring down $85K per year.  EVERYONE my ass. 

:clap:

I've had a rant in my head for days about these union-supporting a-holes.  Don't know if I'll ever get around to typing it, but a H5 for typing my sentiments Karin.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 08:18:42 AM »
I find it funny if you work your butt off starting a business, working long hours to build that business, and after several years you make a lot of money, somehow that is, ill gains off the back of the poor. Yet if you collect dues from working people that is earned money.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2011, 09:20:33 AM »
When we moved to CA and my husband had to set up his office he decided to hang his pictures on the wall. He was told he had to call and make an appointment to have his pictures hung by the custodial dept. He called and waited...and waited (for days) then decided to do it himself. Someone must of seen him doing it because union picture hanger guy walked in as he was getting ready to hang them.

The guy got so mad at him, said "what, you wanna take food out of my kids mouths?". He then told my husband that he was not to put one nail in a wall or move anything himself that that was his job.  He went on and on about it. 

The company that my husband works for is a company everyone here would recognize. The only union people they have anymore are custodial type workers and that is about to go because they want to be paid a liberals "living wage" for hanging pictures when they finally get around to it.

The company hires non union writers when ever they can because the writers union is getting almost as ridiculous as SEIU these days. They are cutting off their nose to spite their face. 

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2011, 09:24:53 AM »
When we moved to CA and my husband had to set up his office he decided to hang his pictures on the wall. He was told he had to call and make an appointment to have his pictures hung by the custodial dept. He called and waited...and waited (for days) then decided to do it himself. Someone must of seen him doing it because union picture hanger guy walked in as he was getting ready to hang them.

The guy got so mad at him, said "what, you wanna take food out of my kids mouths?". He then told my husband that he was not to put one nail in a wall or move anything himself that that was his job.  He went on and on about it.

Ridiculous.  But not surprising.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2011, 09:39:08 AM »
The only people I hear oozing with jealousy about what other people earn and own are liberals.  I've never heard anyone remotely conservative complain about what someone else has.  Go figure.

From my time at FoMoCo, we had to have a union electrician on hand to plug in printers and computers.  We moved them around, set them up, and supported them, but if you touched an electrical outlet, you got a sermon from one of the brothers on the Godliness of the union and how we would all be wearing sackcloth and eating dirt if it wasn't for them.  :whatever:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 09:42:23 AM by chris_ »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2011, 09:52:25 AM »
The only people I hear oozing with jealousy about what other people earn and own are liberals.  I've never heard anyone remotely conservative complain about what someone else has.  Go figure.

From my time at FoMoCo, we had to have a union electrician on hand to plug in printers and computers.  We moved them around, set them up, and supported them, but if you touched an electrical outlet, you got a sermon from one of the brothers on the Godliness of the union and how we would all be wearing sackcloth and eating dirt if it wasn't for them.  :whatever:

Chicago had a problem with unions driving out conventions, but I think they finally passed some regulations limiting the requirements for union work at hotels and places like that.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2011, 10:49:07 AM »
We should also add that the public employee union leaders that take their pay based on the amount of tax money being siphoned out the economy are NOT elected by the public that must pay the taxes that support their salaries and vacations. Yet, these union leaders can demand the pols give them pay raises with bribes campaign contributions or the threat of a loss of services. If the tax increases do get enacted then the unions are using the power of the state to compel by force. Any ordinary Joe that refuses either A) goes to jail B) loses his home and business C) loses the services monopolized by the union or D) all the above.

At least private sector employees have a vested interest to see their employer succeed although all monopolies--even monopolies on labor--are bad for competition.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2011, 11:53:23 AM »
SmileyRose (1000+ posts)           Sun Feb-20-11 10:03 AM
Original message

Edited on Sun Feb-20-11 10:03 AM by SmileyRose
I hear this an awful lot.

"I have to pay my own health care premiums. What makes union workers think they deserve full paid healthcare?"
"I'll never be able to retire. What makes union workers think they deserve a pension?"

Will someone please figure out how to explain to these bozos that union workers think EVERYONE deserves decent benefits and a retirement with dignity?

Will someone please figure out how to explain to these bozos that union workers have always fought for EVERYONE, not just themselves?

Will someone please figure out how to explain to these bozos that they should be next to the union guy fighting for better benefits?

That is all.

Smiley, you are absolutely correct. Every-single-person-in-this-country should be in a Union, gettting the all the benefits the public.............................oh, wait................
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2011, 11:56:15 AM »

:bs:

The unions are all in it for THEMSELVES.  They don't care about non-union people AT ALL.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2011, 11:56:15 AM »
I find it funny the same unions who helped Obama shove Obamacare down our throats all get a waiver from having to follow it. Yep those unions really are looking out for us.  :mental:

I'm the guy your mother warned you about!