Author Topic: DUmmy greenbriar Spins A Sister Bouncy  (Read 1430 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
DUmmy greenbriar Spins A Sister Bouncy
« on: August 23, 2009, 02:21:42 PM »
DUmmy greenbriar, who has apparently been hiding in the DUmp's doofus forums,
returns to GD with a sister bouncy:
greenbriar  (1000+ posts)      Sun Aug-23-09 01:47 PM
Original message
My sister just about died because she has no insurance
she was released from her good job that had insurance last year a nursing home where she was social services director...after 30 years with the same company...the company sold and the new company downsized and kept the younger employee that didn't make as much in salary.

My sister lost her insurance and has been on unemployment since. She is 53 and in the town she lives in that nursing home was just about the only place for her to work. She is now working part time driving the SR. Bus, but it has no benefits.

Well, last week she had a major issue and turns out she has gallstones and her appendix is inflamed as well. She has no insurance so she just took tylenol to mask the pain...until she collapsed.

Now she had surgery and doesn't know how she will pay the bill. She was in the hospital longer than it should have been because she ignored the pain hoping it would go away since she can't pay for the hospital.

tell me how that is better than if she had had some kind of insurance she would have taken care of it as soon as she knew there was a problem. Her bill is quite a bit higher and will probably never be paid...

yea, that helps teh country right

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6374659
Lots and lots of serious illness in DUmmy greenbriar's world, coinciding with the socialized medicine
brouhaha. Sometimes you have to question DUmmy greenbriar's honesty. It's not just for plagiarism anymore.

The mentally ill DUmmies believe every word:
Faygo Kid  (1000+ posts)         Sun Aug-23-09 01:51 PM
1. Please give her our best. We can't allow this kind of thing to happen ever again. 
We have to fight for your sister and everybody's sister.
I'm so sorry to hear this. Please give her every good wishes from all of us here.

jimlup  (1000+ posts)      Sun Aug-23-09 01:58 PM
4. Good wishes to you and your sister!
This is what makes me so mad about our health care system. It is outrageous. Absolutely outrageous. The Republicans press false rumors of death panels and fear while the real fear is from the corporations that dictate who will live or die.

I'm so mad I can hardly debate "Health Care" on mainstream sites. People are so confused and unfortunately, they Republicans have succeeded in planting a lot of false information and adding significantly to the confusion. The republicans are morally responsible for all of the problems that developer because of our inferior corporate system. 

DUmmies press false rumors of untreated illness, aside from their own plentiful psychoses.

bkkyosemite  (1000+ posts)      Sun Aug-23-09 02:03 PM
8. Tell her to give $10 a month payments and that is it. There are plans the hospital has for those
with little resources but you cannot own lots of stuff or be worth a lot. She can fill out the form and they can relieve her of the bill or if she does not qualify jjust pay a payment and don't let them intimidate her.

I hope she has a quick recovery. I am sick of the country's back turning on healthcare for everyone.

If she has the means to pay, the plan the hospital has is called "collection". They won't intimidate
her, they'll just sue her ass off.

dkf  (1000+ posts)        Sun Aug-23-09 02:04 PM
9. What would be her situation if Obama's bill had been in effect?
Could she have afforded the insurance she would have been mandated to buy? Or I guess her part time job would
have been obligated to provide her with insurance? Would they have been able to hire her with that extra cost?

So many "what ifs" I know, but I truly wonder how these plans will work in the real world.

Unless you are advocating for single payer based on taxes. Then all those don't matter.

DUmmy dkf, an obvious Lousy Freeper Troll, will not be with us for long.

canoeist52 (278 posts)      Sun Aug-23-09 02:05 PM
10. My sis-in-law did die from lack of insurance.
She had diabetes. Self-employed family so they couldn't afford insurance for the proper medication- so she tried to self- medicate using herbals (Don't know which ones). She had a heart attack on Christmas Eve. My brother and his 15 y/o son tried to resuscitate her to no avail. Our family believes that it was the health-care mess that killed her to this day.

Most DUmmies self-medicate with herbals. DUmmies who are self-medicating with herbals very often cannot be resuscitated.

Now, DUmmy Beth Ferrari is the dumbest person on all the internets, and Sheila Jackson Lee is the dumbest person on earth, but DUmmy Lorien is
yapping and nipping at their heels:
Lorien  (1000+ posts)       Sun Aug-23-09 02:10 PM
11. Shit. I wish I had known about this before she had the surgery .I used an old
Chinese cure that my mom's roommate had heard about to avoid gallstone surgery. Gallstones are a SERIOUS pain. It was so excruciating that I just kept throwing up and nearly passing out. The cure is not pleasant and involves drinking large quantities of extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice, but it WORKS and is a hell of a lot cheaper than the $25,000 it costs for surgery.If anyone wants the link for the cure just PM me.

I hope that you send your sister's story to your rep. We can't wait for health care any more!

Offline MrsSmith

Re: DUmmy greenbriar Spins A Sister Bouncy
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 03:55:52 PM »
Of course, no one would die from lack of insurance, but they can certainly die from loving their money more than their lives. 

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 04:08:31 PM »
canoeist52 (278 posts)      Sun Aug-23-09 02:05 PM
10. My sis-in-law did die from lack of insurance.
She had diabetes. Self-employed family so they couldn't afford insurance for the proper medication- so she tried to self- medicate using herbals (Don't know which ones). She had a heart attack on Christmas Eve. My brother and his 15 y/o son tried to resuscitate her to no avail. Our family believes that it was the health-care mess that killed her to this day.

Some one correct me if I am wrong but diabetes is not curable but is treatable with insulin or at least was when my father was alive.

I don`t know of any correlation between that and a heart attack either although I suspect the herbals might have one.

Offline Flame

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 05:28:29 PM »
Some one correct me if I am wrong but diabetes is not curable but is treatable with insulin or at least was when my father was alive.

I don`t know of any correlation between that and a heart attack either although I suspect the herbals might have one.

Diabetes is mostly controllable with diet and snisulin, but diabetics are also more prone to heart disease and heart issues.  It's what ended up causing my mom's death 24 years ago.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 05:36:32 PM »
If true, I guess it never occured to greenbriar to pull from her GENEROUS spending accounts(you know the ones that finance cruises, rings, and handbags) to help her sister out. If she had a reasonable COBRA payment, I'm sure greenie could have covered for some of that time. Or to open up that big gigantic home that is now light one deadbeat and one daughter and offer a place for her sister to live for a bit to help with some expenses.

I have no compassion for shit like this. People who care about their relatives actually DO for them when their chips are honestly down. People who don't use their relatives for political fodder and want us all to care when they themselves don't lift a finger to help the person they want us to feel so much compassion for. At least, I didn't see anywhere in her story where she actually did anything but feel 'bad' for her sister.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 07:06:34 AM »
Someone posted this same story about a year ago. I looked for it last night and couldn't fine it. :(
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Karin

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 09:50:16 AM »
Isn't Lorien breaking the rules by practicing medicine on the DU?  Drinking salad dressing as a cure?  OMG.

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 10:43:49 AM »
Clearly the DUmbasses do not ever consider helping their family (much like Obumbler and his Kenyan hut living brother or his slum living illegal immigrant auntie) but consider that the job of the government.

One more reason to dislike them.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 11:02:05 AM »
Is this the same "sister" that "died" a year or so ago?
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline lastparker

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 11:18:24 AM »
Lorien  (1000+ posts)       Sun Aug-23-09 02:10 PM
11. Shit. I wish I had known about this before she had the surgery .I used an old
Chinese cure that my mom's roommate had heard about to avoid gallstone surgery. Gallstones are a SERIOUS pain. It was so excruciating that I just kept throwing up and nearly passing out. The cure is not pleasant and involves drinking large quantities of extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice, but it WORKS and is a hell of a lot cheaper than the $25,000 it costs for surgery.If anyone wants the link for the cure just PM me.

Wow!  A real life second-generation Moonbat!
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 01:59:52 PM »
You know, reading greenbriar kind of reminds me of smoking pot in high school, I feel really stupid and stunned for a while after. I'm just amazed the woman is a teacher because she's one of the dumbest women on the planet. Patty Murray dumb. Nancy Pelosi dumb, without having botox as an excuse. Is there something in the DNA of liberal women that sucks the brain cells out of them as they age? I kind of feel sorry for their men because they get the dumb blonde without the eye candy.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams