Author Topic: Obama directs Americans to refinance homes to spur economy; DUmmies catching on  (Read 558 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
antimatter98  (479 posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Apr-09-09 03:58 PM
Original message
Obama pushes Americans to refinance homes

Edited on Thu Apr-09-09 03:59 PM by antimatter98
Source: The Hill

President Obama used his bully pulpit Thursday to encourage Americans to refinance their homes, which could stimulate consumer spending and pump up the economy.

Obama trumpeted programs that have helped drive mortgage rates to their lowest levels in decades, and encouraged home owners to re-finance to put more money in their pockets. He also hawked an administration web site mean to encourage Americans to refinance their homes.

Read more: http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/obama-pushes-americ...

Like when Bush said: "Go Shopping!"

Lots of money in refinancing---fees+bonuses.

He's losing them, slowly but surely

They still ridicule Bush for encouraging Americans to go out and spend, but at least some of them are calling BS on Dumbama:

pattmarty  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Apr-09-09 04:13 PM
Response to Original message
7. Isn't this encouraging the same shit that got us into this mess?

I am slowly but surely losing confidence in the Obama administration.

Vidar  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Apr-09-09 04:16 PM
8. Save the banks at all cost. Shame on you, Obama.

acmavm  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Apr-09-09 04:25 PM
12. Well, how about that? I'm behind in my medical bills and I am

trying like hell to refinance my school loans because my house have been cut to the point that I get 30+ hours FOR TWO ****ING WEEKS! I work for a company in the manufacturing industries. I'm getting some hours back but not enough to stay afloat. I got in 4 the other day. This is where all my vacation goes. And then when I run out of vacation hours, I just punt.

How does this guy think those of us who are getting burnt by the bastards crimes on Wall Street are gonna refinance?

Why, it's change you can BELIEVE in, DUmbasses. Remember?

I mean, if Dumbama bows to a king, I imagine he kneels to the guys who runs Citi and JPMorgan.

Maybe his buddy Rahm gets a side-deal from his cronies at Fannie and Freddie, ya think? I'm sure from his Chicago days Dumbama knows a lot of ways to skim the top...
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
right.

lets just keep trying to reinflate that credit bubble.

let it burst.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Let it bottom out - it's the only way to climb back up. You can't prop up a failing institution forever.....
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle