Author Topic: Is it ever right to take your own life?  (Read 1235 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Is it ever right to take your own life?
« on: April 08, 2009, 11:57:32 PM »
Leftist Agitator  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Apr-09-09 04:53 AM
Original message

I'm going to leave my personal situation out of this, but I'd like to solicit some opinions.

So, DUers, is it ever right to take your own life, and if so, under what circumstances?

Boy, did you just step in it

DUmmies: not only is it RIGHT to take your life, it's PREFERABLE that you do. As soon as possible, as cleanly or as messily as you like. Please feel free to seek my guidance on this matter WHENEVER  you have the slightest moment's doubt.

(I mean, damn, they complain for eight years, and three months into Nirvana, they want to end it all?)
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline happy1ga

Re: Is it ever right to take your own life?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 12:11:57 AM »
Leftist Agitator (1000+ posts)      Thu Apr-09-09 12:57 AM
Response to Reply #1
7. Money doesn't grow on trees.
 Neither does health insurance.

Seriously? In the Age of Dear Leader? You've just won the greatest event ever in your life, and you want to snuff it out? And why isn't Dear Leader providing all of the money and health care you need? Is he not as great as you told us?
There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as caring and sensitive because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he is willing to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he will do good with his own money— if a gun is held to his head.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 01:32:46 AM »
Go out in a blaze of glory DUmmie and take as many other DUmmies with you as you can. The ones who manage to take out the most will have memorials or possibly even temples built for them.

I promise.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 02:26:01 AM »
I say if one is a primitive, one not only has the right, but the obligation, to rid humanity of oneself.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 04:38:53 AM »
Go out in a blaze of glory DUmmie and take as many other DUmmies with you as you can. The ones who manage to take out the most will have memorials or possibly even temples built for them.

I promise.

I'm with you on this.  When's the next DUmb**** meetup?  Maybe this suicidal tendancy can be fostered and expanded on.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 05:01:44 AM »
Leftist Agitator (1000+ posts)      Thu Apr-09-09 12:57 AM
Response to Reply #1
7. Money doesn't grow on trees.
 Neither does health insurance.

Well, technically speaking it does, at least in the era of 0bama. They're certainly printing it fast enough. It's kind of ironic, really. We're all supposed to be embracing this green lifestyle. Meanwhile the government that wants to force this nonsense on us is responsible for the destruction of more and more trees. Like every other cult leader rules don't apply to 0bama. The kool aid drinkers might want to be careful though...he strikes me as the type who would spike it if the need arose.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 05:13:13 AM »
When you are a transgendered bi asexual furry, it is ALWAYS right.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 06:06:18 AM »
I read the thread. He doesn't even have a good reason to off himself. He has no friends, no job, and no life. wah.
Every one of those problems has a solution: get a job, make a friend. But like a typical libtard primitive, he wants it all brought to him.
Whats worse, the majority of posters can't even say there is anything wrong with his decision.

Frankly I think he's just angling for attention.

What if the worst were to happen to me? I would travel (by hook or by crook) to a pacific island, and retire there. I would grow my own food, build my own shelter and groove to the tunes of my solar radio. I may give up on life, but I can't give up on Rush. 

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 06:11:23 AM »
Damn, you're good, Mr. Mannn, sir.

Admirable.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 06:52:25 AM »
Boy, did you just step in it

DUmmies: not only is it RIGHT to take your life, it's PREFERABLE that you do. As soon as possible, as cleanly or as messily as you like. Please feel free to seek my guidance on this matter WHENEVER  you have the slightest moment's doubt.

(I mean, damn, they complain for eight years, and three months into Nirvana, they want to end it all?)

They got what they wanted and now are proving the old adage true;

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 07:18:47 AM »
I seriously can't believe some of the comments I'm reading. I mean, sure, these are people that want you controlled, re-educated, taxed out of existence, disarmed, some want you executed, etc., but the lack of compassion for these types of people is mind-boggling.

....keep up the good work.  :evillaugh:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 08:51:58 AM »
It's your duty to the planet, DUmmies; please help save the planet, won't you?
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 08:55:42 AM »

Sometimes, maybe.  I consider it more a Left thing over all.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 10:12:13 AM »
I can't imagine someone who hangs out on Skin's island wanting to off themselves.  It's such an upbeat, happy place where all things are unicorns and lollypops.

:bday: :bouncy: :cheerleader2: :grouphug: :blowkiss:

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2009, 04:02:57 PM »
It's your duty to the planet, DUmmies; please help save the planet, won't you?

Really!  Think of the reduction in their carbon footprints!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2009, 04:09:41 PM »
Really!  Think of the reduction in their carbon footprints!
Dang! You beat me to it!! :-)

on a serious note though.......it's not the ones who pose such inane questions that need to be worried over. It's the ones who never say a word and then off themselves leaving loved ones behind who can't understand their selfishness.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2009, 04:37:41 PM »
Somebody didn;t get his/her/whatever it is, pony?
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2009, 06:45:28 PM »
Is it right to take your own life?

No, it isn't.  You are throwing away the greatest gift God gives you in the ultimate display of selfishness....

Should a DUmmie take his own life?

Let me say:  May your demise be as glorious as it is brief....
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.