Author Topic: diet cola primitive bakes cardboard  (Read 1847 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
diet cola primitive bakes cardboard
« on: April 07, 2009, 06:39:52 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=236x62807

Oh my, the primitives can be so stupid.

So very stupid.

Isn't it a normal thing to open the door and check the inside of the oven before turning it on?--isn't it so normal one just does it instinctively, without even thinking about it?

Tab  (1000+ posts)        Mon Apr-06-09 07:03 PM
Original message

We ordered a pizza last night 

(my son and I)

I put the rest (3 pieces) and the box in the fridge.

My wife gets home and eats the last three pieces. Not a problem.

I go to roast a chicken tonight and preheat the oven.

For some reason, instead of tossing the empty box into the recycling bin, she put it in the oven. I can only guess she put it in after the first piece to keep it away from one of our thieving bastard dogs.

Anyway, the oven heats up and starts smoking. Of course, guess what's nearly on fire.

(sigh)

Oh, I forgot.  These are primitives.

Inchworm  (1000+ posts)        Mon Apr-06-09 07:19 PM
Response to Original message

1. They need garage door sensors in there

I've had a few close calls like that. Fortunately, I'm the only one here now and remember these incidents so I'm a strict "nothing that melts or burns allowed on or in stove" kind of guy.

(well except some of my cooking experiments)

It's just easier to open the door and look inside, before turning on the oven.

Damn.

Tesha  (1000+ posts)      Mon Apr-06-09 07:38 PM

2. A very large club, I imagine...

mine was a full Tupperware cake-taker.....

ack! what a smell!

AwakeAtLast  (1000+ posts)        Mon Apr-06-09 07:59 PM

3. My mother is the queen when it comes to this

that is why I will put NOTHING in the oven when not in use. Absolutely nothing.

We learned the hard way I guess, LOL!

Put anything you want, into the oven.

Just be sure to open the door and check the inside before you turn the oven on.

Geeeesh.

Tab  (1000+ posts)        Tue Apr-07-09 04:26 PM
Response to Reply #3

7. I never used to 

but there are only so many places I can keep things from this dog.

In this case, I had put it in the fridge. I saw the box was gone in the morning and figured she just ate the last 3 pieces and tossed the box in the recycling bin. We don't normally put cold stuff into the oven, but she must have put it in there to protect the pieces. Why she didn't toss the box when she was done, I don't know. All I know is I'm glad I glanced over and saw this smoking white pizza box in the oven I was preheating.

Cardboard gets pretty hot, when you think about it - particularly pizza cardboard, which is built to retain heat.

kestrel91316  (1000+ posts)        Mon Apr-06-09 08:28 PM

4. I live alone, so I don't have to deal with little surprises like this, lol.

Although I must admit that many years ago I did put an opened jar of mayonnaise away in the cupboard and not the fridge............

Blues Heron  (128 posts)      Mon Apr-06-09 09:00 PM

5. We used to put the leftovers in the oven - box and all- when I was a kid

I'll never forget that hot cardboard infused with pepperoni fat kitchen smell! Glad you caught it in time!

hippywife  (1000+ posts)      Mon Apr-06-09 09:47 PM

6. I just did it a couple of weeks ago.

Was trying to get bread to rise in a kitchen that was too cold. Put it in the oven and totally forgot when I preheated it to bake cookies.

Good thing you all caught it before it went up in flames.

Well, Hell.  Given the intelligence shown at this bonfire, one quite reasonably suspects that oftentimes the primitives forget to pull down their pants before sitting on the commode.

Geezuz.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: diet cola primitive bakes cardboard
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 06:49:26 PM »
For some reason, instead of tossing the empty box into the recycling bin, she put it in the oven. I can only guess she put it in after the first piece to keep it away from one of our thieving bastard dogs.

Frank, you're sort of our expert on primitive psychology, could this DUmmie have created this entire story just to work in the fact that it has a recycling bin in order to gain some Algore points from the DUmmies?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 06:53:31 PM »
You know, I could think of a few mundane events that happened today in my life to write about, but telling the world I burned a pizza box would never be one of them, even if it did happen.  Weird people.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 06:55:21 PM »
Frank, you're sort of our expert on primitive psychology, could this DUmmie have created this entire story just to work in the fact that it has a recycling bin in order to gain some Algore points from the DUmmies?

Nah.

Now, I'm not God, and so don't know for sure the actual facts of the story.

The diet cola primitive allegedly is seriously ill, but hanging on.

People like that--all people, from decent and civilized people to the primitives on Skins's island--tend to magnify unimportant events.

Right now, I don't feel like posting that I broke a shoelace.

But if I was aggrieved by something, I might do that.

I suspect the diet cola primitive was just having one of those "attention whore" moments.

Of course, the "recycling" bit is a nice touch, but probably that's all it is, a nice little touch.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 07:05:42 PM »
You know, I could think of a few mundane events that happened today in my life to write about, but telling the world I burned a pizza box would never be one of them, even if it did happen.  Weird people.
I ran into a couple headscratchers today while I was trying to fix my car, but I haven't posted them online yet.  And I'm having roast beef and rice for dinner.  Just so you know.  :lmao:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 07:10:20 PM »
I ran into a couple headscratchers today while I was trying to fix my car, but I haven't posted them online yet.  And I'm having roast beef and rice for dinner.  Just so you know.  :lmao:

Make sure to update your twitter and facebook status! :whatever: :-)
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 12:38:18 AM »
we all have brain farts but this seems to be a daily thing for the DUmmie chilrun

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 05:23:59 AM »
Who preheats an oven before looking inside it first ? Even if one doesn't store things in there, one would often adjust the racks for whatever one is going to cook first.

Its quite a bit less painful to make those changes when the racks are cold. I would think that pain would be a motivator, even for primitives.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 06:55:37 AM »
we all have brain farts but this seems to be a daily thing for the DUmmie chilrun

That's because they have $hit for brains....

FWIW, I toss my empty pizza boxes into a "recycle bin".  It's called a "wood stove"....
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Karin

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 08:12:01 AM »
That one guy wants to go to the trouble and expense of having garage door sensors put in the oven?  Oh God.

I don't think you're supposed to recycle pizza boxes, are you?  The paper refiners don't want pepperoni & cheese grease mucking up the machinery. 

I find it endlessly hilarious how much time they spend typing out minutae.  Remember the guy/girl who re-engineered its paper plates to gain structural integrity?  I'm still laughing at that one.  It's good to laugh. 

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 08:49:26 AM »
Umm, Pizza Boxes can't actually be recycled.  They have food and oil on them, which will mess up an entire recycling batch.  They have to put in the trash.  DUmmies, don't even understand their own processes  :banghead:

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 04:22:26 PM »
Umm . . .

I think diesel driver covered the method of recycling that I prefer.  It's called "Adirondack recycling."

As such, he gets an H5.

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2009, 04:43:16 PM »
Umm . . .

I think diesel driver covered the method of recycling that I prefer.  It's called "Adirondack recycling."

As such, he gets an H5.

Thanks!   :bow:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

Offline jukin

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2009, 04:55:41 PM »
We need some legislation to protect this minority.  Make a tax on anything but delivered pizzas to fund a program to make DUmbass proof ovens.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2009, 04:59:43 PM »
We need some legislation to protect this minority.  Make a tax on anything but delivered pizzas to fund a program to make DUmbass proof ovens.

Do you really want to do that?

The main reason we have so many DUmbasses now is because of warning labels and "childproof" whatever.

Natural selection is no longer taking place....

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2009, 05:06:23 PM »

The main reason we have so many DUmbasses now is because of warning labels and "childproof" whatever.

So much truth in that and worth another H5.

Offline jukin

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2009, 08:22:59 PM »

I thought I didn't need the sarc tag.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline happy1ga

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2009, 01:46:03 AM »
My hubby had Beck on this afternoon, and he was talking about how they won't let motorcycles and sport cycles dealers sell those 4 wheelers for kids that were manufactured in China that are now on their lot, due to lead. Supposedly the only way you have a problem is if the kids are licking the gears, brakes, etc. Beck said that was when natural selection should take place with children. Reminded me of you posts above. Must be DUmmie kids.
There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as caring and sensitive because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he is willing to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he will do good with his own money— if a gun is held to his head.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2009, 01:50:55 AM »
My hubby had Beck on this afternoon, and he was talking about how they won't let motorcycles and sport cycles dealers sell those 4 wheelers for kids that were manufactured in China that are now on their lot, due to lead. Supposedly the only way you have a problem is if the kids are licking the gears, brakes, etc. Beck said that was when natural selection should take place with children. Reminded me of you posts above. Must be DUmmie kids.

btw- I ordered pizza online tonight... full disclosure

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2009, 05:36:51 AM »

:rotf:

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2009, 12:06:27 PM »
Well, I broke a nail. I was getting one of the cast iron skillets out of the oven where I store them. Handy dandy place if I do say so myself. I was reaching for it and not paying enough attention. Jabbed my fingers into the side instead of connecting with the handle. It was my longest one, too. Pissed me off.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2009, 12:34:57 PM »
Long nails are HOT! I just hate it when "Toots" gets to passionate and digs them into my back!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!