Author Topic: I saw my (then) 15 yr old son in Kavanaugh yesterday. SoCalDem  (Read 1724 times)

Offline CC27

I saw my (then) 15 yr old son in Kavanaugh yesterday. SoCalDem
« on: September 28, 2018, 08:11:17 AM »
SoCalDem (102,967 posts)

I saw my (then) 15 yr old son in Kavanaugh yesterday

One of my sons had serious drug/alcohol issues when he was a teen, and I remember vividly all the angry confrontations with him .

One moment he was belligerent, ready to lash out at anyone in his path, and the next he was dissolved in a puddle of tears.

Those were very trying years and yesterday the memories came flooding back..

I feel for us, but I also worry about Kavanaugh's young girls

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211201370

I bet he had these problems because he has a ****ed up parent like you.

Offline Mary Ann

Re: I saw my (then) 15 yr old son in Kavanaugh yesterday. SoCalDem
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 08:43:45 AM »
Well, okay. You know what? I saw my sons in him, too. I saw how easily a mentally ill girl/woman can utterly destroy the life of an innocent boy/man.

No matter what happens, that wrinkly old hag will go back to California and resume her life. Will probably have a better life than she ever could have if she hadn't brought charges. Will make the talk show circuit, be on The View. Will probably write a book.

Kavanaugh will be haunted by this the rest of his life. Tagged, not simply as a "handsy" teen-age boy, but as a potential homicidal rapist. As he stated, he will probably never be able to teach again, will probably never be able to coach again. Even his current job is in jeopardy. And all with absolutely no evidence against him.

It's repulsive. And any mom of sons should feel the same way I do.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 09:21:44 AM »
Well, okay. You know what? I saw my sons in him, too. I saw how easily a mentally ill girl/woman can utterly destroy the life of an innocent boy/man.

No matter what happens, that wrinkly old hag will go back to California and resume her life. Will probably have a better life than she ever could have if she hadn't brought charges. Will make the talk show circuit, be on The View. Will probably write a book.

Kavanaugh will be haunted by this the rest of his life. Tagged, not simply as a "handsy" teen-age boy, but as a potential homicidal rapist. As he stated, he will probably never be able to teach again, will probably never be able to coach again. Even his current job is in jeopardy. And all with absolutely no evidence against him.

It's repulsive. And any mom of sons should feel the same way I do.

Ford has well over $500,000.00 raised for her on gofundme. She’s doing quite well.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 09:28:13 AM »
I seldom watch videos on the Internet, and even fewer longer than 10 minutes. The video of Kavanaugh's opening statement was just over 44 minutes long, and I watched or listened to every minute. I watched because of another DU thread, re-posted on CU, in which the DUpipo OP claimed Kavanaugh was yelling. In that entire 44+minutes Kavanaugh did not yell. And DUpipo SoCalDem "saw" what was not there.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 10:28:34 AM »

Ford has well over $500,000.00 raised for her on gofundme. She’s doing quite well.

KC

Not to mention the inevitable book deal she'll be given.  Which will be read essentially only by DC swamp creatures.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 10:36:46 AM »
Not to mention the inevitable book deal she'll be given.  Which will be read essentially only by DC swamp creatures.
Speaking tour and job offerings will come soon too if this follows the same path as Anita Hills did.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2018, 11:00:53 AM »
Speaking tour and job offerings will come soon too if this follows the same path as Anita Hills did.

If this follows the same path as Anita Hill, Kavanaugh will be confirmed and have 20+ years on the SCOTUS with no new allegations.  Amazing that Clarence Thomas, who was supposedly a serial harasser, has had NOT ONE complaint about him before or since.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2018, 11:14:18 AM »
After he is confirmed and sworn in, which it appears he will be, let's see if these women file charges against him for all this alleged sexual misconduct. I'm guessing they won't because this was all an act, which we know is true, and a trial would show that he would not have been convicted. Better to have the issue than to try and find the truth for the Dems. And even if they do, it will end up with there being no convictions because it's all "she said, he said".

Of course, I'm not really sure how all this "cloud over the USSC" and "asterisk next to his name" is supposed to work. It's a lifetime appointment. Will his vote on the Court count for less? No. Will his paycheck be lower? No. What then? So it's a bunch of empty rhetoric, it untimely means nothing.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 11:19:41 AM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2018, 11:24:55 AM »
Of course, I'm not really sure how all this "cloud over the USSC" and "asterisk next to his name" is supposed to work. It's a lifetime appointment. Will his vote on the Court count for less? No. Will his paycheck be lower? No. What then? So it's a bunch of empty rhetoric, it untimely means nothing.

In the hands of the media, it is a wedge to potentially influence his vote.  Everytime he votes against some "women's issue", it will be blasted in the news as "Accused Rapist Justice Kavanaugh Votes Against Women"

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2018, 11:41:04 AM »
I still don't see it working. Sure the Dems will use any vote the USSC rules on that doesn't agree with their agenda. To be fair, both sides do it. But how much influence does that really have except with the core bases? And even with the core bases, does it even hold that much sway? They're going to vote straight party line anyway.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2018, 06:18:03 PM »
I saw my (then) 15 yr old son in Kavanaugh yesterday

The son that was #1 in his class and went to Yale Law? Worked in The White House? Became an Appeals Court judge?  That son?

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2018, 09:21:21 AM »

It's repulsive. And any CONSERVATIVE mom of CONSERVATIVE sons should feel the same way I do.

Fixed your last sentence. Liberals are immune. See Ellison, Booker and Clinton.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2018, 12:57:18 PM »
The son that was #1 in his class and went to Yale Law? Worked in The White House? Became an Appeals Court judge?  That son?

More likely:

* First 6-year-man at ______ County, CA Continuation High School

* Flunked out of Wossamotta U

* 5-10 year resident in the Big House

* Sat at tables in the workplaces of every Superior Court judge in ______ County, AC
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.