Author Topic: Bingo! We Have a Winner! - Pelosi: Contempt Vote PAYBACK For Holder’s Voter P  (Read 1559 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
kpete (34,625 posts)

Bingo! We Have a Winner! - Pelosi: Contempt Vote PAYBACK For Holder’s Voter Protection Efforts

Last edited Thu Jun 21, 2012, 12:40 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

Pelosi: Contempt Vote Payback For Holder’s Voter Protection Efforts

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said Thursday that an effort by House Republicans to pass a resolution finding Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress is really about his efforts in opposition to GOP-backed voting laws that Democrats consider forms of voter suppression.

“It’s really important to note how this is connected with some of their other decisions. It is no accident. It is no coincidence that the Attorney General of the United States is the person responsible for making sure that voter suppression does not happen in our country, that issues that relate to the civil liberties of the American people are upheld,” Pelosi said.

“These very same people holding in contempt are part of a nationwide scheme to suppress a vote. They are closely aligned with those who are suffocating the system, special interests, secret money, and they are poisoning the debate. They are poisoning the debate with that money. And so what does the average citizen say? They throw up their hands and they say, a pox on both your houses, and that is a victory for the special interest,” Pelosi continued.

more:
http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/06/pelosi_contempt_vote_payback_for_holders_voter_protection_efforts_video.php?ref=fpblg

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002838261

In case anyone was wondering who would buy the bullshit that Pelosi is shoveling, you now have your answer, the DUmmies.
It probably wasn't the wisest decision for Peolosi to bring up Holder not protecting the rights of eligible voters.

JNelson6563 (23,177 posts)
2. Right again!

It will be nice to see her as Speaker again.   

Julie

I hope not, if she gets that gavel again the USA is done for.

GusFring (156 posts)
3. why wont Obama say things like this?

Reply to this post
Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink
Response to GusFring (Reply #3)Thu Jun 21, 2012, 01:07 PM
 BumRushDaShow (7,634 posts)
5. What media outlet do "we" own that would report on it

it if he did?   He has said a lot of things that DUers demand yet the RW noise machine never carries it.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Every time 0bama opens his lying mouth the media is right there, the only times they don't report on what he says is when he makes mistakes like 57 states.

DallasNE (1,519 posts)
30. The Reason For This Is Simple

President Obama "has suffered the most unrelentingly negative treatment" of all presidential candidates over the past five months

The only interest the MSM has is that we have a horserace because of all of the income that generates for the corporation. Since Obama was positioned to take a nice lead MSM had to step in and try to do something about it. If the Bloomberg poll yesterday is any indication they still have more work to do. But people seem to be paying more attention than usual for this early and already determining that Romney just isn't a good fit for President for a number of reasons.

It's like 2001 through 2009 didn't happen unless they want someone to blame for what is happening now.

oldhippydude (1,000 posts)
18. funny thing

you can trace this back to the US Attorneys scandal in 06.. has KKKarl Roves prints all over it.. in the meantime ALEC has been carrying the banner in the states.. We should have nailed turd blossom while we had the chance.. thats what we get for letting criminals walk

So Holder's crimes are actually Rove's fault.

Every time a dem does something illegal they blame the GOP for having the nerve to call them out on it.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Rove, you magnificant bastard! :-) :yahoo: O-) :fuelfire: :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
Good freaking Lord they're SO predictable. Can't wait til the election. Anyone with half a brain can see that the Dems aren't going to take back the house and will probably lose seats in the senate, as well as the White House. What the hell else would Pelosi say? She certainly can't defend Holder's actions so she's got to find something else to blame. And DUmmies just buy it hook, line and sinker without even questioning it. Interesting since there were actually threads that commented on how Holder should resign and his actions were wrong. Guess now that they have that out of their system they can go out and find excuses for bad behavior. That voter nonsense is being done at the state level, states are fighting back. Since voting is a state's rights issue, they'll most likely win. Are they even stopping just because Holder says they have to? The state does have autonomy in some things, even in this federal government heavy administration. Besides, we're getting all the payback we need when 0bamacare is ruled against in the Supreme Court. Their precious unions lost today (who would've thought Sotomayor would go rogue. Next thing you know she'll be paling around with Sarah Palin. Oh, and I bet the border fight with Arizona gets defeated too. And all this right before the election! We don't need to "get back at them" for anything...everything's going our way! Suck it DUmmies!
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Good freaking Lord they're SO predictable. Can't wait til the election. Anyone with half a brain can see that the Dems aren't going to take back the house and will probably lose seats in the senate, as well as the White House. What the hell else would Pelosi say? She certainly can't defend Holder's actions so she's got to find something else to blame. And DUmmies just buy it hook, line and sinker without even questioning it. Interesting since there were actually threads that commented on how Holder should resign and his actions were wrong. Guess now that they have that out of their system they can go out and find excuses for bad behavior. That voter nonsense is being done at the state level, states are fighting back. Since voting is a state's rights issue, they'll most likely win. Are they even stopping just because Holder says they have to? The state does have autonomy in some things, even in this federal government heavy administration. Besides, we're getting all the payback we need when 0bamacare is ruled against in the Supreme Court. Their precious unions lost today (who would've thought Sotomayor would go rogue. Next thing you know she'll be paling around with Sarah Palin. Oh, and I bet the border fight with Arizona gets defeated too. And all this right before the election! We don't need to "get back at them" for anything...everything's going our way! Suck it DUmmies!

Latest poll here in FL, 60% that's right 60% support Governor Scott's purging of illegal voters.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
Their precious unions lost today (who would've thought Sotomayor would go rogue. Next thing you know she'll be paling around with Sarah Palin.

What happened?  I hadn't heard about that.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
What happened?  I hadn't heard about that.

Evidently she voted with the majority. Read it either on Twitchy or Breitbart in the comments section.

cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
Evidently she voted with the majority. Read it either on Twitchy or Breitbart in the comments section.

cindie

Heard Rush talking about that yesterday.  The vote was 7-2, with Ruth Buzzy Ginsberg and another justice voting the 2.

Zero is looking "better and better" every day!   :lmao:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Karin

:thatsright:  Well.  I was wrong.  So, so wrong.  I thought for sure these embarrassing Pelosi remarks would be quietly ignored by the DUmp, as just too idiotic even for them.  I thought they would let it slip past page one, to be hushed up as "making Democrats look bad."

Rich Bitch's post has 179 recs, and

EFerrari (163,490 posts)
31. THANK YOU! This post needs about 800 more recs.

But of course. 

Hey DUmmies.  Normal people are thinking these comments of Pelosi's warrant medical attention. 

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Poor San Fran Nan.  Relegated to flying with the proles, and actually having to (gasp!) PAY for her bar tab.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so

cindie

I don't have the posts but, there have been some nasty comments about Sotomayor in the dump. About this ruling and an earlier one.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti

cindie

Thanks
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
I don't have the posts but, there have been some nasty comments about Sotomayor in the dump. About this ruling and an earlier one.

It's too early to completely make a judgment, but if "you can tell a lot about a man by who their enemies are" holds true, she might be a wiser Latina than we have given her credit for.