Author Topic: The sacred right to vote. Kentuck  (Read 2813 times)

Online CC27

The sacred right to vote. Kentuck
« on: February 07, 2018, 09:03:02 AM »
Star Member kentuck (84,470 posts)

The sacred right to vote.

It's easy to get pissed off because politicians don't vote the way you want them to vote, so just vote for the first crazy asshole that comes along. That'll show 'em!

They were angry. They wanted change. They wanted to drain the swamp. So they voted for Donald Trump. And they got Donald Trump. There was no surprise. People with an IQ higher than a turnip knew who he was and knew his history. But, they were angry and didn't really have time to read or do any research before they voted. So they gave us all their mental disease.

Now, they pretend they like green pea soup. Oh, it's good! But, they know that our country has deteriorated and is on a rapid decline into a Third World status or worse? Celebrating their denial, they can't wait to vote for Trump again.

They did not understand or appreciate their right to vote. They did not understand our history and the many that have died fighting for our right to vote and live in a free country, at least as free as we could possibly make it. But, many continued the fight to be better. It has not been easy to keep our country together. The right to vote has allowed us to continue the struggle to be better. We know that we are a long way from perfect. But, we also know what the alternative looks like. No honest American would want that.

We have the right to vote and many Americans have cursed it and abused it.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210199661

Your voting record hurts my wallet. Go **** yourself.

Offline Mary Ann

Re: The sacred right to vote. Kentuck
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 09:12:06 AM »
The idiots over there assume that everyone who was repulsed by Trump would stampede to the polls to vote for Hillary.

No.

The choice to put a stop to the Obama agenda--young girls showering with mentally ill bio males, illegals flocking across the borders, government control of healthcare,  sending pallets of $$$ to the mullahs who scream "DEATH TO AMERICA!!!" etc.--was to vote for Trump. Lots of us held our noses and voted for him, knowing that the adults in the room would keep him in check.

If you don't like it, if you don't want to see a repeat, DUmmies, then nominate someone who reflects the values of middle America.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 09:12:44 AM »
Does kt have

He's fine with illegals voting, cancelling the votes of actual citizens. I'm sure he accused people who voted for Trump of racism, misogyny, homophobia, antisemitism, Islamophobia, and more evil things than I can think of.

So what's kt's shtick this time?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 09:13:15 AM »
But, they know that our country has deteriorated and is on a rapid decline into a Third World status or worse?
Spoken like someone who has never been to a 3rd world country...or knows when to use a question mark.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 09:17:35 AM »
The idiots over there assume that everyone who was repulsed by Trump would stampede to the polls to vote for Hillary.

No.

The choice to put a stop to the Obama agenda--young girls showering with mentally ill bio males, illegals flocking across the borders, government control of healthcare,  sending pallets of $$$ to the mullahs who scream "DEATH TO AMERICA!!!" etc.--was to vote for Trump. Lots of us held our noses and voted for him, knowing that the adults in the room would keep him in check.

There were things about Trump I did not like. I voted against him in the Primary. But when the decision was between Trump and Hillary it was not even a close call. Hillary stood for just about everything I oppose, and vice-versa. And had shown herself the most corrupt and inept politician in the country, and possibly this country's history.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 09:29:00 AM »
There were things about Trump I did not like. I voted against him in the Primary. But when the decision was between Trump and Hillary it was not even a close call. Hillary stood for just about everything I oppose, and vice-versa. And had shown herself the most corrupt and inept politician in the country, and possibly this country's history.

Both parties have been taken over by the fringes of the bases. What we need is a party that will attract strong support from independents. There are compromises to the most polarizing issues we face. As it is now those issues attract the most extreme on both sides to come out and nominate someone who best represents THEIR values. The rest of us are forced to choose between bad and worse.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 10:28:08 AM »
Both parties have been taken over by the fringes of the bases. What we need is a party that will attract strong support from independents. There are compromises to the most polarizing issues we face. As it is now those issues attract the most extreme on both sides to come out and nominate someone who best represents THEIR values. The rest of us are forced to choose between bad and worse.

The bigger problem is that so much of what we face has been framed as either black or white.  If X candidate is 99.9999% conservative in their views, there are people who will vilify them for not being conservative enough.

Other issues where we are told you are either for or agin it, yet, there are alternatives and negotiations that can be had ... or maybe just educating those who are opposed to your viewpoint.  Gun owner rights, for example.  The left is so far out of touch on this one.  I don't think you should be allowed to pass any legislation on big ticket items unless and until you can pass a basic test on what you're voting on.

Just my thoughts.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 01:35:19 PM »
Now, they pretend they like green pea soup.

Green pea soup is better than the shit sandwich on stale bread we got from obama and a lot better than what we would have gotten from clinton.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 01:41:59 PM »

The biggest electoral college victories in America are Richard Nixon in 1972 (520 -18)  and Ronald Reagan in 1984  (525-13)   Did either of them reach out to the middle?   No, That's the backwards thinking of the RNC.   basically if we get 75% of our base to come out to voter, then the independents will follow because of the right's fiscal policies.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 02:54:10 PM »
The biggest electoral college victories in America are Richard Nixon in 1972 (520 -18)  and Ronald Reagan in 1984  (525-13)   Did either of them reach out to the middle?   No, That's the backwards thinking of the RNC.   basically if we get 75% of our base to come out to voter, then the independents will follow because of the right's fiscal policies.
The problem is that our culture has taken a giant step leftward in the last 35+ years. Decades of Hollywood and university propaganda and indoctrination have convinced way too many people that abortion is a woman's right, LGBT equality is the civil rights struggle of our age, etc., etc.

We have to contend with the reality that we are never going to get 75% of the base to vote, and that the most reliably conservative voters are dying off, and being replaced by liberal snowflakes. These naive little snowflakes want free healthcare and free college. A lot of them think you can solve poverty by giving people money. They don't cringe when they hear some guy talking about his "husband." And they really, really believe that you can be a woman trapped in a guy's body, and that we should accept them as such. They like the idea of open borders.

They have been taught civics by teachers who were C+ students, who themselves never quite understood the reason for the Electoral College, except that it must have had something to do with slavery. And it's "undemocratic." And the Constitution was written by a bunch of white guys, so that automatically invalidates it.

They all think that Obama was the best prez evah! They mistake snark for intelligence, and think he was highly clever by finding all those loopholes in the Constitution that enabled him to get around that pesky racist Senate.

These are going to be the majority of the voters in not so many years. We do have to make compromises to our principles in order to attract them. Because the alternative to slowing this down is to just roll over and become Greece. Or Venezuela.

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2018, 11:57:26 PM »
I've never really like Trump the person too much but he has certainly grown on me.

Despite thinking he's a NYC blowhard, I voted for him because I liked his platform.  Since he had no political background I wasn't too sure he'd follow through on his campaign promises but I think he's done quite well so far.  Especially on illegal immigration which any of the other R candidates would've kept kicking the can down the road on had they been elected.

And the way he plays the MSM like a fiddle and also gives lefties daily head explodies is PRICELESS.

Offline dixierose

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2018, 10:13:57 AM »
My sister and a co-worker voted against Hillary more than they voted FOR Trump; but in the last couple of months they have become the biggest Trump defenders that I personally know. The constant attacks by the MSM had a lot to do with that.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2018, 11:01:29 AM »
My sister and a co-worker voted against Hillary more than they voted FOR Trump; but in the last couple of months they have become the biggest Trump defenders that I personally know. The constant attacks by the MSM had a lot to do with that.

Not to mention Trump keeping and fighting to keep so many of his campaign promises (something I doubted he would do, to be frank).

Offline thundley4

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2018, 12:58:29 PM »
Not to mention Trump keeping and fighting to keep so many of his campaign promises (something I doubted he would do, to be frank).

I like the way Trump knows just what buttons to push to give the left panty wadding, knee jerk conniption fits of poutrage.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2018, 02:41:52 PM »
I like the way Trump knows just what buttons to push to give the left panty wadding, knee jerk conniption fits of poutrage.

:lmao:  :rotf: And he's been doing it for over 2 1/2 years! :rotf:  :lmao:

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2018, 09:35:44 PM »
Spoken like someone who has never been to a 3rd world country...or knows when to use a question mark.

I ? resent that)

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2018, 09:45:01 PM »
>kentuck We have the right to vote and many Americans have cursed it and abused it.

You ain't no American you commie douche.   ES and D analopening.