Author Topic: I gave the moderators instructions to delete inappropriate posts about Tony Snow  (Read 2696 times)

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3604935

Skinner ADMIN  (1000+ posts)       Sat Jul-12-08 08:37 AM
Original message
I gave the moderators instructions to delete inappropriate posts about Tony Snow.
 Advertisements [?]So, instead of creating extra work for them, it would be nice if people would voluntarily refrain from posting inflammatory crap that makes us all look like jerks.

Thank you for your understanding.

Skinner
DU Admin
You don't need help to look like jerks asshole...

After the usual "Oh Skkkkkinnner" knob slobbering....

nradisic  (624 posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 08:46 AM
Response to Original message
12. Good move.
 We don't need to take the FOX news route. Civility and respect should come above all else. We should never bring ourselves to the level of Republicans. Respect those who have passed...
Fat ****ing chance...

proud2Blib  (1000+ posts)       Sat Jul-12-08 08:51 AM
13. Agreed about Tony Snow but Cheney is in the hospital today
 If he dies, is there such a thing as an inappropriate comment?
   :whatever:

annabanana  (1000+ posts)       Sat Jul-12-08 08:54 AM
Response to Reply #15
17. Bush had as much regard for Snow as he has for a kleenex.. . . 
 I expect there's more "fellow-feeling" for Snow here than there is anywhere in the White House.
  :mental:

rhett o rick  (1000+ posts)       Sat Jul-12-08 10:25 AM
45. Good policy Skinner. Will it apply to all deaths? I think it should.

I think it is fair to ask people to respect those that die, whether it is a progressive hero or a right wing wacko and I am not saying Mr. Snow was either. There is never any excuse for “inflammatory crap” and the moderators already keep an eye open for that. Or at least they should.

No one should have said “inflammatory crap” about Mr. Russert under any circumstances. However, I believe that reacting to the canonization of him by the corp-media was/is fair.

While I agree the mods should strike inflammatory posts, I don’t agree that all negative posts should be deleted. That’s a slippery slope.

If we are free to speak out about our feelings re. Nixon and Reagan then what is the criteria? Is there a grace period after death?

To me the key is “inflammatory crap”. We should always “refrain from posting inflammatory crap that makes us all look like jerks.”

I hope the mods don’t throw out the baby with the bath water. 

DirtyDawg (334 posts)     Sat Jul-12-08 11:27 AM
68. Admirable of you, DU...but
 ...I assure you if the situations were reversed the 'right' wouldn't be giving us the same 'out of respect for the dead' behavior. Frankly, there are things that we do in life that reduces, and in some instances, eliminates the degree of respect we are entitled to when we die. As far as I'm concerned everyone associated with enabling this criminally disastrous regime to do it's work has long ago lost any of my respect - in life or death.

So I guess it's an 'If you can't say anything nice' thing? OK then, 'Deep down I think Snow knew better and was just doing it for the money'...Is that nice enough?

Lex  (1000+ posts)       Sat Jul-12-08 11:34 AM
Response to Reply #69
70. the right will use *anything* for ammo - best not let them do the driving
 on what we discuss
Giddyup Mother Fracker...

happygoluckytoyou (1000+ posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 11:47 AM
73. PLEASE get in your insults to BUSH and CHENEY before they become saints!!!!

evilkumquat  (242 posts)       Sat Jul-12-08 12:29 PM
93. Hah! This is the First Place I Went After Hearing About it
 I wanted to see all the "grave-dancing" posts, followed by the "we're better than this" posts, followed by the "here's why we should grave-dance" posts, followed by the "here's why we shouldn't grave-dance" posts... with all the deleted posts stirred in like a big pot of hate stew.

But NOOOOO, now we have to act like grown-ups.

*sigh
  :censored:

Faith No More (6 posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 12:48 PM
101. I will save my sympathy
 for the loved ones of those lost in this illegal, immoral war, not for those who helped perpetuate it.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
WillowTree (965 posts)      Sat Jul-12-08 12:55 PM
104. Agreed and thanks.
 How sad that it's even necessary in a forum that's presumably populated by adults, and adults of conscience and compassion at that, but it is.

Kudos to Skinner and the mods for nipping it in the bud this time.
  :whatever:

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Skinner is trying to pick a turd up by the clean end. It can't be done!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Skinner is trying to pick a turd up by the clean end. It can't be done!

and the turds are multiplying anyway!
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
evilkumquat  (242 posts)       Sat Jul-12-08 12:29 PM
93. Hah! This is the First Place I Went After Hearing About it
 I wanted to see all the "grave-dancing" posts, followed by the "we're better than this" posts, followed by the "here's why we should grave-dance" posts, followed by the "here's why we shouldn't grave-dance" posts... with all the deleted posts stirred in like a big pot of hate stew.

But NOOOOO, now we have to act like grown-ups.

*sigh

I knew this DUmmie sounded familiar! I've seen him on other boards.  :-)

And a look into the mind of a libtard. If you dare...

evilkumquat  (242 posts)       Wed Jun-15-05 02:05 AM
7. So Why am I a Liberal?
 I am white, straight and while certainly not rich (my two adult, two child family is crammed into a two-bedroom apartment and I cannot even afford health insurance), my immediate family has enough money that I have personally seen the financial damage the "Estate Tax" can cause upon the death of a loved one.

Despite this, I am extremely liberal, being Pro-Choice, Anti-Gun, For Affirmative Action, etc. If Garry Trudeau supports it, I probably do, too.

The best reason for the above is because of something most children know, but many adults seem to ignore: fairness. Allowing women the right to make painful, personal decisions about their bodies is fair because I do not want them making decisions about mine. Wanting the availability of hand guns to be limited is fair to everyone who is a potential murder victim and wants to stay alive. Affirmative Action is fair because without it, fat, bloated, white corporate America will continue to pick the "lighter" of two equal choices for any open position.

However, since people tend to "look after Number One", there is one very good selfish reason for EVERYONE to be Democrat/Liberal: If discrimination is allowed against one group of people, EVERY other group is a target.

Once the Neo-cons are successful banning the gays from marrying, preventing women from having abortions and the allowing Christian employers to fire atheist employees for not "followin' Jebus", who will be next? Because someone WILL be next.

THE NEO-CONS WILL NOT STOP DISCRIMINATING ONCE THEY WIN ALL THEIR CURRENT BATTLES! They will continue, because they are obsessed.

I am not married to my girlfriend, but we live together and have two kids. This offends Christian Neo-Cons, but right now, they cannot have me arrested because a) co-habitation is not-illegal, but more importantly, b) the Neo-cons are too busy going after the gays, women and atheists.

The trick is to fight them at every turn, allow them no victories. They will not give up, but at least their resources will be spread thin enough to limit the damage they do.

Evil Kumquat
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x3861165#3861237
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 12:23:02 PM by DixieBelle »
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
Let's see if I understand this correctly. As a LIBERAL I can't make make decisions about a womans body, the RIGHT to an abortion must be maintained above all else. However, in the same breath I have the right to choose who can own a handgun. I thought it was about the right to choose? oh! I get it...it's OK as long as the LIBERAL is the one doing the choosing..... :whatever: :whatever: :whatever: :whatever: :whatever: Now let's discuss hypocricy.... :mental:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Peter3_1

Yes, and we are all free to speak as we chose, about anything at all, as long as the libereals agree. When they DON'T agreE it is a racist, zenophobic bit of hate speech that must be stopped! BY LAW!  :evillaugh:

The un-"fairness doctrine" must be reinstated to apply to RADIO, Cable news, but as we all know, the "drive by's" are utterly impartial, and whatever they say, it is true, honest and unbiased, so no need for it there!  :bird: :mental: :thatsright:

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
12. Good move.
 We don't need to take the FOX news route. Civility and respect should come above all else. We should never bring ourselves to the level of Republicans. Respect those who have passed...

They keep saying that over and over in these situations. How many times does it take before you realize you are exactly what you accuse others of being? :clueless:
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
12. Good move.

They keep saying that over and over in these situations. How many times does it take before you realize you are exactly what you accuse others of being? :clueless:

That's what gets me too.

I've seen various--and many--comments by primitives about "grave-dancing" on the part of decent and civilized people, but just as with the "high crimes and misdemeanors" that George Bush committed warranting his impeachment, I've yet to see a single example.

I've been around freerepublic, for example, for almost ten years.

I can't recall any occasion of joy and jubilation at someone's death; eulogies have at times been less than praiseful (but accurate nonetheless), but that's a far cry from "grave-dancing," especially that as practiced by the primitives on Skins's island.

I think this notion of the primitives, that decent and civilized people "grave-dance," is another one of those fanciful imaginary phantoms of the primitives, a desperate attempt to make themselves look better than they actually are.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
12. Good move.

That's what gets me too.

I've seen various--and many--comments by primitives about "grave-dancing" on the part of decent and civilized people, but just as with the "high crimes and misdemeanors" that George Bush committed warranting his impeachment, I've yet to see a single example.

I've been around freerepublic, for example, for almost ten years.

I can't recall any occasion of joy and jubilation at someone's death; eulogies have at times been less than praiseful (but accurate nonetheless), but that's a far cry from "grave-dancing," especially that as practiced by the primitives on Skins's island.

I think this notion of the primitives, that decent and civilized people "grave-dance," is another one of those fanciful imaginary phantoms of the primitives, a desperate attempt to make themselves look better than they actually are.
Yeah -- I noticed they mentioned Wellstone.  The grave dancers there were the deimocrats who turned his funeral into a lefty rally.  No one on the Right much cared about Wellstone -- certainly not enough to say bad things about him, but his funeral provided tons of great opportunities for comment.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline InfamousAndy

• Just Off Probation
  • The Friendly Christian
It is amazing how quickly they dehumanize others.  Makes it easier to encourage the killing of others.  They  would make Stalin proud.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
Okay, maybe I was naive and probably still am but when DU started up and they were all, like hippies, I expected them to be wrong but not so mean spirited.  Then 9/11 happened and Barbra Olsen died and it was awful how vicious they were.  I was kind of moling back then before moling had a name and I just stopped.  The only way I read their insanity now is second hand.  So I salute you brave souls who can sift through that sewer they have built.

I saw they tore down the hospital that Cuckoo's Nest was made in or based on or whatever and it's like so what, there is still the DUmp where many of the insane moved to.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Chris_

It is amazing how quickly they dehumanize others.  Makes it easier to encourage the killing of others.  They  would make Stalin proud.

Stalin is their political idol.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
It is amazing how quickly they dehumanize others.  Makes it easier to encourage the killing of others.  They  would make Satan proud.

fixt
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Despite this, I am extremely liberal, being Pro-Choice, Anti-Gun, For Affirmative Action, etc. If Garry Trudeau supports it, I probably do, too.

The best reason for the above is because of something most children know, but many adults seem to ignore: fairness.

This DUmmy has stumbled into the truth without knowing it or realizing that it condemns him.
Nothing sums up their mindset then the childish screams of "It`s not FAIR" in the midst of a tantrum.
It is a meaningless thing at that point other then immature anger that they didn`t get everything they wanted.

These are people,who by their own admissions in ignorence,have never matured mentally or emotionally.

Offline Chris_

The best reason for the above is because of something most children know, but many adults seem to ignore: fairness.

This DUmmy has stumbled into the truth without knowing it or realizing that it condemns him.
Nothing sums up their mindset then the childish screams of "It`s not FAIR" in the midst of a tantrum.
It is a meaningless thing at that point other then immature anger that they didn`t get everything they wanted.

These are people,who by their own admissions in ignorence,have never matured mentally or emotionally.

Their definition of "fair" is "I should have what you do, no matter how little I worked to get it."

Offline Bluesuiter-Retired

This whole thing by Skinner was nothing less than him covering his a$$.

It seems that many of the comments were there for at least an hour and then taken down.

Skinner can say that his instructions were being followed.
America - Love It, or LEAVE

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator

It seems that many of the comments were there for at least an hour and then taken down.

....and then he didn't. Steve, I know Skinner. If it's something he "thinks" will embarrass him, he and his other two minions, will delete it. This is nothing more than a CYA by a fool who agrees EXACTLY with the shit that's being said.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.

He has been burned too many times by the grave dancers. All this amounts to is Plausible Deniability