Author Topic: Tav fails a drug test  (Read 1657 times)

Offline Aristotelian

Tav fails a drug test
« on: August 01, 2012, 04:06:38 AM »
Taverner (49,631 posts)

****...I failed the certification test
65% to pass...I got 63%..... 

I'll take it again Thursday, but now I'm out another $200

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1018165445

63% my arse, unless that was the proportion of his blood stream taken up by narcotics.

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
Re: Tav fails a drug test
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 04:36:57 AM »
That is rather pitiful.  Needing only a 65% on a test to pass, and a member of a group that says they are smarter than the rest of us cannot even get that.  Sad.
This too shall pass.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 05:25:50 AM »
So why is he paying for his own drug tests?
Was he arrested?

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 05:36:07 AM »
So why is he paying for his own drug tests?
Was he arrested?

Do they test welfare claimants in California?
Child custody case?

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 07:27:02 AM »
That is rather pitiful.  Needing only a 65% on a test to pass, and a member of a group that says they are smarter than the rest of us cannot even get that.  Sad.

I know.  As long as you get over 65% you pass. sad.

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 07:31:27 AM »
Why does this goon need a test for anything?  Wasn't he the one telling us that all you need is a keyboard and a monitor to be a commodities trader, or something like that?
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 07:36:25 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1018165445

63% my arse, unless that was the proportion of his blood stream taken up by narcotics.
Next time he should invest in masking agents for the masking agents he spent $200 on this time around.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 07:42:21 AM »
Actions have consequences.  So does inaction.

Guess ya should have studied, huh Tav?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Karin

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 07:43:11 AM »
Wasp, that was a billionaire hedge fund manager.  All you need is a keyboard.  

65%.   :thatsright:  I'm so sick of the dumbing-down of this country.  Why are the bars set so low?  

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 07:52:20 AM »

Ah, that's right, it was.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 07:58:55 AM »

65%.   :thatsright:  I'm so sick of the dumbing-down of this country.  Why are the bars set so low?  

You haven't SEEN "low bars" until you see what passes for education these days.

The girl child is about to go into 6th grade (middle school.)  Can't do cursive writing, damn near ZERO knowledge of US government/Founding Fathers, math skills about 2-3 years behind where I was at her age.  And she busted her ass doing a project this past year so she could get an "A" on it.  So what happens?  EVERYONE got an "A", regardless of how it looked or even if they did the damned project at all.

There's a girl in her former class who did NO homework, FAILED her tests, etc., yet she's moving right along with the rest of the kids.  They KNOW they aren't going to be held to account, whereas Scoobs and I tore girl child a new ass when we found out she had failed to turn in a couple of homework assignments.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 08:00:15 AM »
When I took my test to get my insurance license, you had to have an 80% or higher to pass. I am not sure what his test was, but it had to be for something easy; like changing tires or putting gas in the car.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2012, 08:01:59 AM »

The girl child is about to go into 6th grade (middle school.)  Can't do cursive writing, damn near ZERO knowledge of US government/Founding Fathers, math skills about 2-3 years behind where I was at her age.  And she busted her ass doing a project this past year so she could get an "A" on it.  So what happens?  EVERYONE got an "A", regardless of how it looked or even if they did the damned project at all.

There's a girl in her former class who did NO homework, FAILED her tests, etc., yet she's moving right along with the rest of the kids.  They KNOW they aren't going to be held to account, whereas Scoobs and I tore girl child a new ass when we found out she had failed to turn in a couple of homework assignments.

That is the 'no child left behind act'. That is one of the things I did not agree with Bush on.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2012, 08:30:00 AM »
That is the 'no child left behind act'. That is one of the things I did not agree with Bush on.

Uh, it wasn't Bush's bill.

It was Vast Teddy's bill, and originated way back in the mid-1970s.

But even those times the Democrats had an overwhelming majority in both houses of Congress, even the Democrats didn't want to touch it.  For almost thirty years.

So as to get some brownie points with the opposition early in his presidency--this was all before 9-11--Bush decided he'd do Vast Teddy a favor, to see if Vast Teddy would warm to him. 

Well, "No Child Left Behind" was Vast Teddy's project, and if he couldn't get Democrats to pass it, maybe he could get Republicans to do it.  The Republicans didn't like it any more than the Democrats did, and probably even less, but some went along, hoping it would help mellow out Vast Teddy.

The signing ceremony was in August 2001, Vast Teddy at the right hand of George Bush, and George Bush complimenting Vast Teddy for having inspired such great legislation.

It's in the history books, but it was soon thereafter obscured by 9-11.

Well, even though Vast Teddy got his pet bill passed with the help of George Bush, he was still an asshole to Bush, and so August 2001 was the last time Vast Teddy was ever at the White House, until Barack Milhous in 2009.

George Bush never learned a lesson Nixon, Ford, Reagan, and the first Bush never learned either; don't do favors for your opponents (in an attempt to "get along" with the other side).  No matter what one gives the Democrats, the Democrats are ungrateful assholes, and don't reciprocate.

Damn.  I hope to God Mitt Romney doesn't make the same mistake.

Reward your friends, ignore your enemies. 
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2012, 08:42:40 AM »
Uh, it wasn't Bush's bill.

It was Vast Teddy's bill, and originated way back in the mid-1970s.

But even those times the Democrats had an overwhelming majority in both houses of Congress, even the Democrats didn't want to touch it.  For almost thirty years.

So as to get some brownie points with the opposition early in his presidency--this was all before 9-11--Bush decided he'd do Vast Teddy a favor, to see if Vast Teddy would warm to him. 

Well, "No Child Left Behind" was Vast Teddy's project, and if he couldn't get Democrats to pass it, maybe he could get Republicans to do it.  The Republicans didn't like it any more than the Democrats did, and probably even less, but some went along, hoping it would help mellow out Vast Teddy.

The signing ceremony was in August 2001, Vast Teddy at the right hand of George Bush, and George Bush complimenting Vast Teddy for having inspired such great legislation.

It's in the history books, but it was soon thereafter obscured by 9-11.

Well, even though Vast Teddy got his pet bill passed with the help of George Bush, he was still an asshole to Bush, and so August 2001 was the last time Vast Teddy was ever at the White House, until Barack Milhous in 2009.

George Bush never learned a lesson Nixon, Ford, Reagan, and the first Bush never learned either; don't do favors for your opponents (in an attempt to "get along" with the other side).  No matter what one gives the Democrats, the Democrats are ungrateful assholes, and don't reciprocate.

That is interesting, Frank. I never knew that. Thanks for telling me. So it wasn't Bush's bill, he just passed it. Either way, I don't agree with it.

Offline jukin

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2012, 09:13:28 AM »

Spot on! When dealing with big-gov totalitarians it is best to remember the fable of the Scorpion and the Frog.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Scoobie

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2012, 12:12:01 PM »

Sigh.

Don't get me started on the present state of the school system around here. The girlchild has had issues, and now the stupidity surrounding the kids starting Kindergarten (the boychild starts this year) is too astounding to even put into words.
All as a funtion of the failing NCLB Act. Just unbelievable.

And oh, the "girl in her former class" who fails everything yet gets a free pass to move on up is also the one who had a pregnancy scare this past semester. At 11 years old.

Frightening.

When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing -- then we truly live life.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2012, 01:01:27 PM »
Response to Taverner (Original post)
Tue Jul 31, 2012, 09:32 PM
 whistler162 (4,626 posts)
4. Don't worry we all know you are certifiable!

good luck on the next attempt.
>snort<  :lmao: 
Yessss, we know.  :rotf:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2012, 01:22:28 PM »
Sigh.

Don't get me started on the present state of the school system around here. The girlchild has had issues, and now the stupidity surrounding the kids starting Kindergarten (the boychild starts this year) is too astounding to even put into words.
All as a funtion of the failing NCLB Act. Just unbelievable.

And oh, the "girl in her former class" who fails everything yet gets a free pass to move on up is also the one who had a pregnancy scare this past semester. At 11 years old.

Frightening.

And now you know why The Heiress is going to a small, independent Catholic school in the fall.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline VivisMom

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2012, 01:33:23 PM »
And now you know why The Heiress is going to a small, independent Catholic school in the fall.

Amen to that. I'll starve before my kids go to public school.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2012, 04:12:14 PM »
 who fails everything yet gets a free pass to move on up is also the one who had a pregnancy scare this past semester. At 11 years old.

Head------>Desk.

What. The.   :censored:

Amen to that. I'll starve before my kids go to public school.

Pretty much what the parents said.  Mom, primarily.  (Dad was too busy doing extra weekend Drills flying with the Navy so he could afford it  :-)

Four ungrateful, obstinate rugrats through Catholic Grade school.

Thank you, Mom and Dad!!  We were two grades ahead, at least, when we hit Public High School.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 04:20:09 PM by 98ZJUSMC »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2012, 04:17:39 PM »

To be closer to the curb?

Oh not those kinds of bars.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"