Author Topic: So I went to close out a bank account yesterday.  (Read 953 times)

Offline Aristotelian

So I went to close out a bank account yesterday.
« on: October 26, 2011, 11:40:41 AM »
backtoblue

So I went to close out a bank account yesterday.
I have had an account at a Regions bank for the past four years which I've kept open for emergencies. (I normally use a local bank, but I've kept that one open for when I go out of town)

For four years I have had $3.47 in the account. Last week I received a letter stating that the bank is now charging $5.00 if you do not make at least five electronic transactions per month.
(needless to say, I don't)

So I go into the bank to close out the account and withdraw my $3.47. The teller informs me that I cannot close out the account because I owe them $1.53 due to a five dollar fee.

I asked what would happen if I did not have the $1.53 and she told me that a five dollar fee would be assessed every month and that I would owe them even more money.

As I was digging up every penny from the floorboard of my car, I was dumbfounded to the realization that the bank not only took what could have been my last few dollars, but was demanding me pay even more.

I sat 153 pennies on the teller's desk and walked out, disgusted. (I actually had a few dollars, but giving them sticky old pennies seemed to be the only way to get my temper down)

DUmp link

A pretty poor effort all-in-all; the only redeeming feature is starting the thread with 'So'...barely even worthy of a single  :stoner: .

My guess is the bank wrote a couple of months ago about the fee, DUmmy forgot until the poor teller told her.

I wonder how many times this would be repeated if the DUmmies all went to close their accounts.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: So I went to close out a bank account yesterday.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 11:44:46 AM »
DUmp link

A pretty poor effort all-in-all; the only redeeming feature is starting the thread with 'So'...barely even worthy of a single  :stoner: .

My guess is the bank wrote a couple of months ago about the fee, DUmmy forgot until the poor teller told her.

I wonder how many times this would be repeated if the DUmmies all went to close their accounts.

The banks would lose about 357 pennies, methinks.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 11:46:37 AM »
For four years I have had $3.47 in the account. Last week I received a letter stating that the bank is now charging $5.00 if you do not make at least five electronic transactions per month.
(needless to say, I don't)

:lmao:

What kind of emergency was the DUmmie planning for?! 

"OMG!!!  I have GOT to have a bag of Cheetos!!!!  Where's my damn debit card?!"

As I was digging up every penny from the floorboard of my car, I was dumbfounded to the realization that the bank not only took what could have been my last few dollars, but was demanding me pay even more.

I sat 153 pennies on the teller's desk and walked out, disgusted. (I actually had a few dollars, but giving them sticky old pennies seemed to be the only way to get my temper down)

Liar.  You don't go digging for pennies if you have the money.  You admit you were digging for the pennies when the realization hit.

You're just another broke ass DUmmie.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 12:17:43 PM »

I think the bank would have tried to contact him long before then if there was no activity in the account.

Offline Erasmus

• Holla ifju thank im seeeeexy!
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 12:19:38 PM »
Who the hell only keeps $3 in a non-credit union bank account?  Not to mention, this guy should have read the rules of the account.  His temper was misdirected at the bank, when it was his ignorant laziness that cost him $5.

Democrats always want someone to bend the rules when they screw up.

Offline Karin

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 12:22:29 PM »
Who keep 153 pennies on the floor of their car?   :mental:

Offline Erasmus

• Holla ifju thank im seeeeexy!
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 12:23:48 PM »

And what were they stuck together with?

Nevermind, strike that question.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 12:30:53 PM »
Nordmadr (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Oct-26-11 01:13 PM
Response to Original message
12. I had something similar happen to me.

I had an old checking account with a few bucks in it still active in an account at a bank that had been bought up by larger banks twice. One day I needed a money order so I went to this bank to get it. My account had somehow become negative so they wouldn't do the money order. I asked how my account had become negative and it was because they had instituted a fee such as yours. So, I decided to pay the balance so that I could do the money roder, but they wanted another $10 to do the money order too. I closed the account on the spot after having a discussion with one of the managers; walked out and got a money order at the local gas station for 50 cents.

Why didn't the DUmmy just get the 50 cent money order to begin with?
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 01:01:09 PM »
They'll probably spend more in gas to go to the bank to 'clear out' the money they have in their accounts.  I would probably just call the bank and tell them to keep the $3.00 and close the account.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline jukin

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 04:18:20 PM »
And what were they stuck together with?

Nevermind, strike that question.

MIND BLEACH STAT!!!!!!

:stoner: :stoner:/2

So always scores. The showing the man gets 1/2. I would have been far more impressed with all the people in line behind it cheering and taking out all their money.

Again the DUchebag should be pissed at the democrat party that crammed down the Dawd-Fwank with Turbin amendment financial **** the middle class bill.

BTW, the letters have been coming for months telling said DUmbass that fees were going to be raised/instituted. Really $3.46 was costing the bank the postage and paper each month to churn out.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 05:08:14 PM »

Pre '82 pennies worth about 3 cents in copper. Did the dummy overpay? :whistling:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Bodadh

• Not in the mood!
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 05:19:28 PM »
They'll probably spend more in gas to go to the bank to 'clear out' the money they have in their accounts.  I would probably just call the bank and tell them to keep the $3.00 and close the account.

KC

Bingo! If this story is even half true it is one of the DUMBEST ones I have ever heard.
A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2011, 08:34:09 PM »
I sat 153 pennies on the teller's desk and walked out, disgusted.

That'll show them!  You are a hero.  ::)
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2011, 08:39:42 PM »
Um, yeah, no.  Anything less than 5 bucks and no activity in any other account in four years?  The "service fee" would have taken the balance down to zero and automatically closed the account.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2011, 09:07:48 PM »
$10 bucks for a money order?  How much was the money order for, 78 cents?

Banks charge that for a cashiers check, not a money order, DUmbass!

Hell, even the Postal Service only charges $1.10 for one, but you have to pay for it in cash!   :lmao:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.