Author Topic: DU=DLC?  (Read 2018 times)

Offline Alpha Mare

DU=DLC?
« on: June 11, 2010, 04:56:32 AM »
http://davefromqueens2.blogspot.com/2010/03/democratic-underground-directly-tied-to.html

Democratic Underground Directly Tied to the Democratic Leadership Council and Insidious Triangulation

Markos Moulitsas of Daily Kos believes the CIA is a liberal institution with its heart in the right place. That means he is a fake lefty. The same can be said of the folks operating Democratic Underground. We have the paystubs to prove it.

It's not like the owners of DU want the general public to know this. It's not common knowledge they're an insidious organisation. While many have had suspicions, it's not easy to find proof of such. One needs the wayback machine (archive.org) to locate direct ties between DU and the DLC. One other bit of internet proof can only be located now through this blog. DU's registered agent used to be the right wing Law Firm of Howe, Anderson, and Steyer. I will cover both of these angles. I'll then wrap it up by briefly discussing DU's hypocritical selling of merchandise affiliated with sweatshop production.

I'll willingly give the hat tip for this closing segment to irregulartimes.com. They are the ones who exposed DU for selling goods associated with sweatshop labour. They sent Skinner a letter asking him wtf was up with that.

DU never responded. The hypocrisy of this was to be found in a 2004 posting, in which DU took Bob Boudelang to task for having received shirts made from sweatshops.

I'll willingly give the hat tip for this closing segment to irregulartimes.com. They are the ones who exposed DU for selling goods associated with sweatshop labour. They sent Skinner a letter asking him wtf was up with that.

DU never responded. The hypocrisy of this was to be found in a 2004 posting, in which DU took Bob Boudelang to task for having received shirts made from sweatshops.
He also blogs about Annette/LaBamba. Anyone know who he is? I don't know how I ended up there.  :p
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: DU=DLC?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 12:11:12 PM »
Interesting, weren't some posters complaining about the DLC at DU? also he says that DU merchandise is affiliated with sweatshop production? and posters at the DU got mad at me for buying Made in America pillows for $3.50 each at Walmart because Walmart gets some items from China and China has sweatshops? Oh, and is this guy saying 1 of the owners of DU made a contribution to Bush and Gore in 2000? and 2 other Republicans?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Alpha Mare

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 03:29:18 PM »
My take is he's saying these RW lawyers are/were involved with Skinner & Co.
socrates said...
Yes, Howe, Anderson, and Steyer are or were the legal guys behind DU.

The big news out of my entry is the direct connection between DU and the DLC, dating back to at least 1999.

This is not a scoop per se. It is more like hidden knowledge.

Whoever makes donations to DU or most other websites is gullible.

socrates said...
Hi Marianne, thanks for the post.

Even if we can't prove DU is a DLC front, we know for a fact that the owner worked for them and hired a right wing law firm to take care of their paperwork.

It's a cash cow with all those donation drives and gold stars given for annual contributions. They appear to sell their space to anyone who wants to astroturf, while moderators censor and ban anyone who expresses his or her right to free speech to contradict posted lies and other forms of troll provocation.
Jon said...
Yes, It is very apparent that DU takes marching orders from the DLC, and tolerates no criticism of DLC positions.

From the Great Gay Purge of 2009, to the banning of Union members this week, Skinner is a hypocritical lackey of the DLC.

I regret ever donating to him - DU does MORE HARM for progressive causes than good.

June 11, 2010 1:00 PM

The natives certainly are restless.
    - Charlton Heston

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 03:45:44 PM »
The gay purge of 2009?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 03:58:57 PM »
The gay purge of 2009?

They purge more frequently than Stalin (for you younger folk Karen Carpenter :puke:)
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 04:07:51 PM »
The gay purge of 2009?
You can probably find DUmpster posts on this if you dig back far enough.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 05:03:32 PM »
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!11 'bout time they got called on their absolute Hippocratic BS!

It's okay to employ underage foreigners as long as it keeps our philosophy going forward!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!111111111

Anyone know if the DUmp has started a thread over this? My outside feelin' is, they'll hide it as long as they can! Sorry, don't have the time to go scour the toilet!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 05:44:22 PM »
socrates said...
Blah blah blah.... while moderators censor and ban anyone who expresses his or her right to free speech.... blah blah blah

Socrates needs to trade in his user name, he/she/it is embarrassing the real Socrates by being an utter moron. There is no such thing as free speech on the intertubes and there damn sure isn't anything even faintly resembling it at DflippinU.

Offline Alpha Mare

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 06:13:10 PM »
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!11 'bout time they got called on their absolute Hippocratic BS!

It's okay to employ underage foreigners as long as it keeps our philosophy going forward!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!111111111

Anyone know if the DUmp has started a thread over this? My outside feelin' is, they'll hide it as long as they can! Sorry, don't have the time to go scour the toilet!

The minions won't know about it until they read it over here; but they won't admit they're being manipulated.  They are geniuses, ya know?
    - Charlton Heston

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 07:11:45 PM »
I believe that Coach has said that DU was started with DLC money, so there is probably more than a brushstroke of truth to the OP's assertion.  It was supposed to be a place where all of the moonbats of the Democrat Party could hang out.  One place, so as not to go all over left-leaning message boards and spew their bile over all of them.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 07:24:39 PM »
I believe that Coach has said that DU was started with DLC money, so there is probably more than a brushstroke of truth to the OP's assertion.  It was supposed to be a place where all of the moonbats of the Democrat Party could hang out.  One place, so as not to go all over left-leaning message boards and spew their bile over all of them.

You're right! The whole idea was to keep the lunatics under wraps so America wouldn't see their lunacy!

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell the DUmpster DIvers, they think they are the foundation of the DemonRat Party!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!111

ETA:

if Frank were here, he'd get a real chuckle outa this!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 07:27:28 PM by AllosaursRus »

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 11:53:48 AM »
Are they ever bothered by MSM for posting entire articles?  Not that I have seen. 

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2010, 11:58:14 AM »
The gay purge of 2009?
It has something to do with puppies, the weather, and gardens. :lmao:

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,28320.0
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 12:11:33 PM by chris_ »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2010, 10:03:35 PM »
It has something to do with puppies, the weather, and gardens. :lmao:

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,28320.0

Thanks!

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2010, 03:18:51 AM »
The minions won't know about it until they read it over here; but they won't admit they're being manipulated.  They are geniuses, ya know?
Yea but it is a special kind of genius - based on a IQ of 62 running on a brain saturated with 40 years of bong resign. 
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2010, 05:00:09 AM »
Yea but it is a special kind of genius - based on a IQ of 62 running on a brain saturated with 40 years of bong resign. 

It's one of those "Sooper Geniuses" that Wile E. Coyote is so famous for being.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2010, 05:30:20 AM »
It's one of those "Sooper Geniuses" that Wile E. Coyote is so famous for being.
Ya gotta admit, ACME manufactures a wide variety of products...
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2010, 07:52:33 AM »
Ya gotta admit, ACME manufactures a wide variety of products...

All of it is "soopergenius' tested and approved....

So long as you only use it once....(Note that the products Wile tests work perfectly the first time, but never in actual use....)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 08:00:09 AM by diesel driver »
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2010, 12:01:22 PM »
Every now and then the primitives cough up a big fur ball.  What causes fur balls one might ask?  Excessive licking and grooming.

This is a very long fur ball that matches this thread.  I will only post a link and couple licks. :rotf:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8679034

tbyg52 (1000+ posts)        Fri Jul-02-10 07:27 PM
Response to Original message
46. What a coincidence....
 http://davefromqueens2.blogspot.com/2010/03/democratic-... 
 Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

NorthCarolina  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jul-02-10 11:19 PM
Response to Reply #46
111. Interesting. eom

Yuugal  (1000+ posts)        Sat Jul-03-10 10:04 AM
Response to Reply #46
168. You don't really buy that do you?
 If Skinner and Co's grand plan was to stifle our voices he did a shit job. I know when I want to shut people up I always give them a giant forum to air their "opposing" views for years on end.  As far as working for idiots goes, I worked for a newspaper owned by Murdoch for years and it didn't mean I was a neocon. That is right, every week I cashed my evil korporate check, I took his money......oh noes! I know many DLC-hating people that wouldn't mind a job from them. You can't blame the secretary or the janitor when you don't like the owner or board of a company. As for the rest of that tripe, guilt by association is lame and most of what all of us wear is probably sweat shop stuff too.

We need to fight the DLC wherever we see it, seeing it behind every blade of grass will make that job impossible. Why don't we start by asking Obama why he had his name removed from the DLC site before the election but after it he says "I am a new democrat."

Paraphrased from the comments, with my name inserted instead: "Even if we can't prove Yuugal(DU) is a DLC hack(DLC front), we know for a fact that Yuugal worked for Murdoch and hired a right wing law firm to take care of his recent home sale." That kind of "logic" gets countries like Iraq invaded.

NV Whino  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jul-02-10 07:36 PM
48. I'm on board
 Now, I wonder how long before the thread is locked.

ChiciB1  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jul-02-10 08:14 PM
Response to Reply #48
65. Yep, And THAT'S Another Thing Going On These Days... LOCKING THREADS Because
 those of us on the LEFT are to be SHUT OUT and told to SHUT-UP! Even here I see it MORE & MORE!

Even making the comments I just did I feel I risk getting TS'ed! And I think THAT says it best! State your views and if they don't follow the current party line, then EXIT STAGE LEFT!

All the while, the Repukes regardless of how they obstruct... THEY seem to be winning and gaining ground because many see THIS PARTY as one that has lost it's SPINE despite the fact that so many of us worked so long and hard to hand them VICTORY! And yet, they thumb their noses at us and call us names as they march toward many defeats!

I come here less and less, a place where I once sought refuge! Say what you will and flame away... it doesn't feel all that bad anymore!

Not locked ... yet!!

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2010, 12:45:56 PM »
WOW! I'm shocked it wasn't locked after that link was posted.

Offline Karin

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2010, 02:04:12 PM »
Still not locked.  This guy hasn't gotten the memo yet that "progressive" is a super dirty word, and so is "liberal."

supernova  (1000+ posts)        Sat Jul-03-10 03:43 AM
144. Have to agree, 100%
 The DLC has to be sidelined and replaced with progressives within the party structure. That's the only way we are going to get anywhere with a more liberal party platform and offer the American people a more informed choice.

That sounds like a heck of a plan, supernova.  You go, full steam ahead.

Check out the drama-queenery:

ChiciB1  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jul-02-10 08:02 PM
62. If The DLC Continues As It Has, Many Democrats Will Be Heartbroken!
 I AM and find myself on the OUTSIDE looking in at a Democratic Party that I have supported and believed in since I was 11 years old!

I don't know where to look or what to do because I'm floundering and feeling LOST! I no longer feel or WANT to participate as I once did... too much money, too much fighting and most of all as a Liberal I've been kicked to the side of the road!

Ronnie Rayguns has truly made LIBERAL a dirty word, but even though I'm ignored, I will remain true to myself and believe that it's "we the people" who really matter! So, I can't stop PROGRESS or the "Light-Right" side of today's Democrats, but in my gut I KNOW this IS NOT a Democratic Party I understand or feel is on my side!

But where to go?? I just don't know!! It IS PRETTY sad, but it seems the writing is on the wall! Even saying you're a Progressive isn't all that "progressive" these days. To me it only means that MONEY rules ALL!

:overreaction: :ha: :bawl: :sosad:

I DON'T know what TO TELL YOU.  People seem TO BE WAKING up to COMMON sense CONSERVATISM!!!  Maybe you OUGHT to look INTO it!!!

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2010, 02:11:33 PM »
Why is ChiciB1 afraid to call themself a Progressive?

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2010, 02:29:06 PM »
Good Grief! Are these asshats ever satisfied? Do they seriesly think what's been done to screw America so far is not enough?

Boy, when the Demons go down in November, they're really gonna have a conniption!

.........and I'm gonna throw a party!