Author Topic: Did Jesus Really Exist? (DUmmy version)  (Read 719 times)

Offline Alpha Mare

Did Jesus Really Exist? (DUmmy version)
« on: March 16, 2010, 12:37:19 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7925979

Too much stupid to bring it all here.
bamademo (1000+ posts)      Tue Mar-16-10 03:39 AM
Original message
How many people think Jesus really existed?
 Was he a real man or was it just a lot of stories based on myths and homogenized by the Pope whose name I can't remember to keep peace between the Pagans and Christians? I'm truly curious and I don't have the time to research extensively.

And he doesn't know the "Official DUmmy" screed.

Confusious (1000+ posts)        Tue Mar-16-10 03:42 AM
Response to Original message
2. Have you heard the word of RA and OSIRIS?

RA was born of a virgin and healed the sick.

OSIRIS suffered at the hands of evil, defeated death giving eternal life to his followers.

provis99  (1000+ posts)      Tue Mar-16-10 03:42 AM
3. Paul, the writer of most of the New Testament, said Jesus was not a real human.
 Read yer bible. Jesus was not of this earth, according to Paul.

gkhouston  (1000+ posts)      Tue Mar-16-10 04:03 AM
Response to Reply #4
13. Paul was scum. Assuming *he* actually existed and wasn't invented after the
 fact. Mr. Jew's Jew, laying down the law about how the law of Moses was no longer relevant and only his interpretations of Christ's message should be acceptable. I often wonder what Jesus would have thought of the cult of Christ that sprang up after his death, because he didn't seem interested in that sort of thing while he was alive.

Kaleva  (1000+ posts)      Tue Mar-16-10 04:06 AM
15. The Prophet Muhammad said Jesus was real...
 but that he was a prophet of flesh and blood and not divine. Few scholars dispute that there was a Jesus. The main debate is that whether or not he was divine.

Well hell, if Muhammad said it, it must be true.

lazarus  (1000+ posts)      Tue Mar-16-10 04:07 AM
16. nope
 no contemporary evidence of any kind for his existence. Just a bunch of fairy tales.
I shave with Occam's razor.

Sebastian Doyle  (1000+ posts)      Tue Mar-16-10 05:03 AM
Response to Reply #16
39. Oh yeah?
 Well then who raised your ass from the dead after 4 days, Lazurus?
   :rotf:
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Re: Did Jesus Really Exist? (DUmmy version)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 07:28:11 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7925979

Too much stupid to bring it all here.  And he doesn't know the "Official DUmmy" screed.

Well hell, if Muhammad said it, it must be true.

:rotf:

Alpha, I find discussions like this to cause people to go looking for an answer.  Some times when one is really interested in Jesus but questions what little facts we have of the time, that search may lead one to begin to have more faith.

It may come as a small thing, some new finding by the archaeologists, a shred of pottery that was discovered from HIS time.  Perhaps a small miracle in ones private life, a dream or a happening to make us feel that --Good grief, there is a GOD.

It is odd that the harder one has to work at disproving something,  the more things that crop up to make one wonder if whatever does exist.

Going head to head with someone who disbelieves is great, you have the advantage.  You  believe and they have to prove you wrong.

The Shroud of Terrine, is it a fake or real.? 

I have found that it is usually those who cling to a faith without question are the very people that fear they may be wrong.   

If one has a deep abiding faith, they will not fear questions, they will find that the questions only make their faith STRONGER.     

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 07:43:46 AM »
The only god the primitives recognize is big gov't, and everyday they hope to increase the size of their god.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 02:55:27 PM »
Damn the DUmmies are on stupid this week. DUmmies, if you don't like the Bible, just look up the Roman records................  :thatsright:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.