Author Topic: A Starbuck's Bouncy  (Read 1684 times)

Offline Alpha Mare

A Starbuck's Bouncy
« on: March 15, 2010, 02:51:18 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=221x157417

Powdered Toast Man (117 posts)        Mon Mar-15-10 12:28 AM
Original message
I was sitting in Starbucks 
 Edited on Mon Mar-15-10 12:29 AM by Powdered Toast Man
I thought it was a relatively safe place. I go there often to work and have never had any issues with anyone.

Then they sat down; three young ladies, probably a few years younger than myself. They were speaking about the bible. One of them was a minister of sorts and the other two were studying.

Normally I have my earbuds in, but today I forgot them.

They began talking about this and that in the bible. I was pretty much ignoring them.

After a few minutes the discussion turned to Homosexuality and how the bible looked at it.

My ears perked up.

I was expecting to hear them say how the bible was wrong. Instead, the three of them began talking about how the bible was right about that, but wrong about African Americans and Women because... well... that was where they lost me. They were trying to find a rationalization to explain how the bible could be right in being bigoted against gays, but it was totally unacceptable for women and African Americans.

I sat there getting more and more furious.

They moved onto another topic. I didn't care. Normally, I would have gone off on them. Normally, I would have interrupted and listed off at least 10 different examples of bull shit arguments in the bible and how they were truly ignorant for believing that it is anything more than a bunch of stories. It is not to be taken literal.

Ordinarily I would have done just that.

But for some reason... today... I just didn't have it in me.

Today, more than anything, more than it angered me, today it just hurt too much.

What, no concealed weapons?
Skittles  (1000+ posts)      Mon Mar-15-10 12:34 AM
Response to Original message
2. OK
 they're studying the Bible in a STARBUCKS? That's enough right there to destroy any credibility they think they have. Don't give homophobic sanctimonious pieces of SHIT like that the power to change your mood. 

No, that right there is enough to destroy your credibility.

Powdered Toast Man (117 posts)        Mon Mar-15-10 01:55 AM
Response to Reply #7
16. What I wanted to do... 
 Was grab my partner and plant a big one on him and say, hey hun, let's go to church. But... I don't think he would have appreciated that too much; not big on PDAs.
  ::)

rsmith6621 (1000+ posts)      Mon Mar-15-10 03:05 AM
Response to Original message
22. Why Bother....If They Were not Imposing on You Personally...

..... I mean if they didnt come over to you with the idea of sharing their convictions with you just LEAVE THEM ALONE.... you aint going to change their minds or hearts and it is still a country were we can have free conversation.....

Your wasting your time and not doing any good for the viewpoint you have.
  Now there's an idea.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
Re: A Starbuck's Bouncy
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 04:06:36 AM »
So it's okay for fags to openly display their perversions in public, but it's NOT okay for Christians to discuss their religion in public ?

Someone wanna wager they don't see the double standard ?

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 04:44:20 AM »
So it's okay for fags to openly display their perversions in public, but it's NOT okay for Christians to discuss their religion in public ?

Someone wanna wager they don't see the double standard ?

It's actually worse than a double standard, because free SPEECH is a constitutional right, while PDA's are obviously not.   ::) ::) 

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Specbid

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 07:40:33 AM »
Original message
I thought it was a relatively safe place. I go there often to work and have never had any issues with anyone...

... Normally, I would have gone off on them. Normally, I would have interrupted...

Today, more than anything, more than it angered me, today it just hurt too much.

Awww...poor baby. It hurt so much, you just sat there and took it. So you're a faggot and a pu$$y.  :lmao: :lmao:

Offline Karin

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 07:48:23 AM »
First of all, what kind of a stupid name is Powdered Toast Man?  (When I first typed that, it came out "fist of all...."  Freudian?) :lmao:

but wrong about African Americans and Women because...

I'm not believing the bouncy because the term "African American" does not appear in the Bible.  The little fruit is making up stories in order to showcase himself as a flamer, and thus establish DUmp cred.  Boring story, too.  

Also, his odd rules of capitalization are Very Annoying.  

ETA:  Thanks, Chris, for the below.  I never got into that show much.  It was visually hideous, and was never funny for me. 
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 09:29:11 AM by Karin »

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 07:51:44 AM »
Powdered Toast Man was a character from the Ren and Stimpy cartoons.  Not very original considering that episode is nearly 15 years old.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline vlad335

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 07:55:33 AM »
Reads like a not very clever mole attempting a bouncy to me.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 09:17:36 AM »
Reads like a not very clever mole attempting a bouncy to me.

Exactly.

Powdered Toast Man (117 posts)

You gotta try harder than this. If there is no cops in bushes, converts or mass acceptance by onlookers, the story is a flop.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 09:41:50 AM »
Have the DUmmies had any Starbucks bouncies dealing with the open carry protesters , yet?

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 11:43:43 AM »
Just a quick translation from DUmbass to English:

This

Original message

Normally, I would have gone off on them. Normally, I would have interrupted and listed off at least 10 different examples of bull shit arguments in the bible and how they were truly ignorant for believing that it is anything more than a bunch of stories. It is not to be taken literal.

Means this

Quote from: Pole Smoking DUmbass

I went to a Starbucks today where I was reminded of my deviant lifestyle by three very pretty young Christian girls who were doing an impromptu Bible study.

I wanted to jump up and make a complete assclown out of myself to show everyone how wrong and intolerant they were, but decided against it since Starbucks has recently demonstrated that they have no problems, what so ever, with people bringing loaded firearms on to the premises.  I really, really wanted to show these evil fundies that the my intolerance is so much better than theirs but I didn't want to end up with another orifice that my fellow butthumper would want to violate.

Hey, I may be queer, but I'm smart enough to know how to not get shot.

I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 01:42:41 PM »
 :lmao:

Offline happy1ga

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 04:29:25 PM »
Why does he repeatedly call $tarbucks a "safe place?" What does that mean? Safe from danger, or just opposing view points? What a pansy ass.

No bong.
There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as caring and sensitive because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he is willing to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he will do good with his own money— if a gun is held to his head.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 04:34:15 PM »

Awww...poor baby. It hurt so much, you just sat there and took it. So you're a faggot and a pu$$y.  :lmao: :lmao:

I believe "Catcher," as opposed to "Pitcher," would be the operative term here.

:popcorn:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 04:42:30 PM »
I don't recall the bible saying anything about African-Americans.

Maybe thats just me.

It sounds like PTM doesn't even know enough to write a good bouncy.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 04:55:44 PM »
Powdered Toast Man (117 posts)        Mon Mar-15-10 01:55 AM
Response to Reply #7
16. What I wanted to do... 
 Was grab my partner and plant a big one on him and say, hey hun, let's go to church. But... I don't think he would have appreciated that too much; not big on PDAs.

He was there with his partner and 1) mentioned he didn't have his head set with him so he had to listen to their conversation, and 2) actually did ignore his partner and listened to their conversation. 

How utterly pathetic. 

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 01:30:56 AM »
Why does he repeatedly call $tarbucks a "safe place?" What does that mean? Safe from danger, or just opposing view points? What a pansy ass.

No bong.

He might have meant he didn't see any conceal carry types, or else he figured the church ladies were the least likely to be packing....

Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 06:41:10 AM »
...three young ladies...

1st Thought: Young yummies = yay!

2nd Thought: They're not gay = yay!

3rd Thought: They have moral standards = DAMMIT!!!   :banghead:
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 11:51:45 AM »
So basically what happened was 3 girls stopped by Starbucks after Bible study, minding their own business, not bothering anyone when this idiot sashays in, swinging his hips with both nose and pinkie in the air. One of the girls turns to the other 2 and says, "Look at the fruit with the Carmen Miranda outfit!" The other girls started laughing hysterically while telling their friend that wasn't very Christian. Until they turned around and looked and damned if there wasn't a fairy behind them wearing some gaudy straw hat decorated with fake fruit.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 11:57:02 AM »
But since we don't own a Starbucks are we allowed to have an opinion?

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2010, 12:10:00 PM »
But since we don't own a Starbucks are we allowed to have an opinion?

Dude, you lost me there. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 12:10:37 PM »

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2010, 12:33:07 PM »
Just a quick translation from DUmbass to English:

This

Original message

Normally, I would have gone off on them. Normally, I would have interrupted and listed off at least 10 different examples of bull shit arguments in the bible and how they were truly ignorant for believing that it is anything more than a bunch of stories. It is not to be taken literal.

Means this

Quote from: Pole Smoking DUmbass
I went to a Starbucks today where I was reminded of my deviant lifestyle by three very pretty young Christian girls who were doing an impromptu Bible study.

I wanted to jump up and make a complete assclown out of myself to show everyone how wrong and intolerant they were, but decided against it since Starbucks has recently demonstrated that they have no problems, what so ever, with people bringing loaded firearms on to the premises.  I really, really wanted to show these evil fundies that the my intolerance is so much better than theirs but I didn't want to end up with another orifice that my fellow butthumper would want to violate.

Hey, I may be queer, but I'm smart enough to know how to not get shot.

Damn.  Babelfish just ROCKS!!  (I guess you have to be a paying subscriber to get the [Pole Smoking DUmbass to Plain English] translation option, though.) :cheers1:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2010, 03:38:23 PM »
Damn.  Babelfish just ROCKS!!  (I guess you have to be a paying subscriber to get the [Pole Smoking DUmbass to Plain English] translation option, though.) :cheers1:

Nah, just happened to find my English to DUmbass dictionary for that thread.  Lost it again right as I was reading another DUmp thread.

Go figgur...
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Specbid

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2010, 06:40:00 PM »
Dude, you lost me there. 

Go check out the thread about buying a kid a rubber.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2010, 08:22:35 PM »
Go check out the thread about buying a kid a rubber.

Guess I missed that one.  Thanks.  I think. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent