Author Topic: Outed Nephew Part II  (Read 1307 times)

Offline Alpha Mare

Outed Nephew Part II
« on: March 09, 2010, 12:06:13 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7873944

dsc  (1000+ posts)        Mon Mar-08-10 11:02 PM
Original message
It is all I can do not to cry while reading this
 http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/3/7/843901/-Returnin...

Just by doing a quick look around the first floor of their house, I noticed their oldest son's pictures were nowhere to be found with one exception. His senior picture was sitting on a table by itself with a candle beside it. If I didn't know better, I would've thought he had died in a tragic accident. My sister and her husband are obviously hurt, but their actions were more of grieving for a deceased child as opposed to finding out their child was gay.

One of the people from their church suggested that homosexuality could be caused by mental illness, or a chemical imbalance. There are apparently places where people can be treated for their homosexuality and one man suggested they send him there. His next door neighbor had been cured at one of these places after all.

Another theory was that he was just acting out and pretending to be gay to spite his parents. After all, my nephew is handsome and athletic. He's dated so many girls, so certainly he isn't really gay. The man who said these things also pointed out that even if he was gay, as long as he "never acts on it" then that is ok. He then lamented that he had already acted on it by talking to someone online and sending them pictures. It was to late he imagined.

::) 

pamela (1000+ posts)        Mon Mar-08-10 11:42 PM
Response to Original message
2. I think we should invite him here.
It's not that I don't think he will receive a lot of support from the wonderful folks at Kos-I'm sure he will. I just wish he would post here, too. I think the format here, with the variety of subjects and different groups, might be helpful to him.

If he does join DU someone PM me and I will donate for him to get a star so he can participate in the groups.

Well, bless her heart.

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: Outed Nephew Part II
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 07:47:46 AM »
Puh-Leeze

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 08:39:17 AM »
This has to be because of the Marie Osmand - Roseanne Barr thing.   Roseanne is a pig. She attacked Marie Osmond and her Mormon faith claiming her son was gay (I have no idea if he was) and that Marie and the church's anti-gay views were want caused him to commit suicide.  Roseanne is truly a vile person, I think she even beats Joy Behar in the disgusting person department.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 09:12:04 AM »
This has to be because of the Marie Osmand - Roseanne Barr thing.   Roseanne is a pig. She attacked Marie Osmond and her Mormon faith claiming her son was gay (I have no idea if he was) and that Marie and the church's anti-gay views were want caused him to commit suicide.  Roseanne is truly a vile person, I think she even beats Joy Behar in the disgusting person department.

Really?  Man, I hadn't heard that.  What a cow. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 09:43:52 AM »
Really?  Man, I hadn't heard that.  What a cow. 

I heard on some tv show the other day that Roseanne had made "some very ugly comments" regarding Marie's son. I think it was either O'Reilly or Hannity. They said they would not even repeat what Roseanne said because it was so awful.

I think Roseanne makes the "ugly" comments, just to get herself on tv. It's the only way she can.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 10:36:01 AM »
I heard on some tv show the other day that Roseanne had made "some very ugly comments" regarding Marie's son. I think it was either O'Reilly or Hannity. They said they would not even repeat what Roseanne said because it was so awful.

I think Roseanne makes the "ugly" comments, just to get herself on tv. It's the only way she can.

O'Reilly said it last night.  I caught the rebroadcast this morning.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 11:41:44 AM »
O'Reilly said it last night.  I caught the rebroadcast this morning.

I didn't see O'Reilly last night....I meant to. Wanted to hear what he had to say about Massa and was going to watch it at 11, but fell asleep right after I switched channels.  :(
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 12:12:18 PM »
I didn't see O'Reilly last night....I meant to. Wanted to hear what he had to say about Massa and was going to watch it at 11, but fell asleep right after I switched channels.  :(

Isn't Massa going to be on Beck for a whole hour?

Offline Karin

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 12:13:21 PM »
Yes, Massa in on Beck tonight.  Debk, I'm not sure BOR covered it all that much last night.  Hannity did a bit more, but Bill, not so much.  Maybe tonight.

If he does join DU someone PM me and I will donate for him to get a star so he can participate in the groups.

What does this mean?  You have to have a star to participate in a group?  Any group?  You have to pay to get in?  That's not very democratic.  

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 12:20:48 PM »
Roseanne is not only a pig but she's everything a woman shouldn't be.

She has a lot of nerve throwing stones at anyone.

Marie Osmond and her family are good people.  I feel so sorry for them.

Getting back to the Koo Koo Kos story, as if.  Unless the mother gave away all his stuff because he now wears girl clothes, somebody is lying. Turn your back on your kid, maybe.  Hold a fake funeral, no.

The DUmp monkeys believe anything.  It fits their victimhood metality.

Offline kenth

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 01:23:40 PM »

Roseanne trying to be relevant. If she'd just eat a few more donuts, she could lead the news, for a night or two.

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 09:25:35 PM »
bounce
Caught somewhere in time

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 10:17:05 PM »
I didn't see O'Reilly last night....I meant to. Wanted to hear what he had to say about Massa and was going to watch it at 11, but fell asleep right after I switched channels.  :(

Beck had the ***** on his show tonight. Tried like hell to spell out the corruption he is accusing all of congress in being involved in. The guy sqirmed outa every single question with generalities. Just like a good little DemonRat.

Even after Beck ponted out their criticism
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!