Author Topic: Miss Piggy Is Recruiting  (Read 2342 times)

Offline Alpha Mare

Miss Piggy Is Recruiting
« on: March 08, 2010, 11:37:51 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7874337

CaliforniaPeggy  (1000+ posts)        Mon Mar-08-10 11:59 PM
Original message
Fun in the drug store's parking lot today...
 I was walking out to my car, and the lady who'd been in line ahead of me in the pharmacy was right behind me...

We both stopped, and stared at a car that was parked right behind hers, empty, engine running.

We expressed our astonishment to one another and commented on how rude it was for the vanished driver to leave the car in her way.

I said "I'll bet he's a Republican!" And she burst out laughing!

Just then he emerged from between some cars and said something, what, I don't remember...

Then he got in and drove away.

Before she and I left, I asked her if she was online much, and she said oh yes.

So, of course, I told her about DU!

Ya never know...I hope we have a new member...

I'm always pitching!

:rotf:  She wanted her to follow her home.

CaliforniaPeggy  (1000+ posts)        Tue Mar-09-10 12:09 AM
Response to Reply #1
2. Good for you!
 And good luck too...

I'm always pitching, but so far, no results..

A 30 second conversation was quite enough.  :mental:
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Miss Piggy Is Recruiting
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 11:51:49 PM »
CP sounds more like a catcher then a pitcher.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 01:11:10 AM »
Right now the lady is looking at DU's General Discussion forum, mouth agape, and wondering what kind of FREAK she barely escaped from.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline JLO

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 01:26:54 AM »
I am johnny on the spot  :hyper:
Giving money and power to Democrats is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys--

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 04:26:52 AM »
Whether it is a bouncy or a stupid story like this the fact that they have to post this stuff on a regular basis to beg for approval shows their immaturity and insanity.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 05:07:33 AM »
Here in Maryland that would get you a ticket. Leaving a running vehicle unattended.
 While the cop is writing the ticket he's just remembering every call he's gotten from the owner of a stolen car giving him a raft of shit and calling him a lazy cop because they haven't found the car yet and it's been three WHOLE hours. At least that's what the cops I know have told me. That ticket comes with a very long lecture. It foes something like this. It takes 13 second to steal a car. Unless some idiot leaves his keys in it with the engine running. That whittles it down to about 2-3 second to steal that car. The only way you could make it easier for them to steal your car is to drive it to the chop shop for them. Then when someone does steal it. You're going to be on the phone to me every hour of every day wanting to know why I haven't found your car yet. Like we're gonna drop every call for a shooting and have every officer out there looking for a car you can't even bother to turn off an take the keys out of. That's why you're getting a 250.00 ticket. If you have a problem with that. Fill out the back of the ticket and mail it in. Then you can tell it to the Judge. But he probably won't listen to your poor excuses either.

Yeah people usually leave their cars running long enough for the police to be called to the scene and long winded tickets to be written.   

:mental:

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 07:21:59 AM »
Wizard777 (1000+ posts)     

Tue Mar-09-10 05:29 AM
Response to Reply #6

10. Here in Maryland that would get you a ticket. Leaving a running vehicle unattended.
 While the cop is writing the ticket he's just remembering every call he's gotten from the owner of a stolen car giving him a raft of shit and calling him a lazy cop because they haven't found the car yet and it's been three WHOLE hours. At least that's what the cops I know have told me. That ticket comes with a very long lecture. It foes something like this. It takes 13 second to steal a car. Unless some idiot leaves his keys in it with the engine running. That whittles it down to about 2-3 second to steal that car. The only way you could make it easier for them to steal your car is to drive it to the chop shop for them. Then when someone does steal it. You're going to be on the phone to me every hour of every day wanting to know why I haven't found your car yet. Like we're gonna drop every call for a shooting and have every officer out there looking for a car you can't even bother to turn off an take the keys out of. That's why you're getting a 250.00 ticket. If you have a problem with that. Fill out the back of the ticket and mail it in. Then you can tell it to the Judge. But he probably won't listen to your poor excuses either.

Wow.  Maryland must be a liberals wet dream.  If I want to leave my car running while I go into the store then I'M the one taking the risk.  Some liberal panty waist (should be waste) passed some law to make it illegal to put your own car at risk.  Imagine that. 

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline MarshallLaw

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 07:25:10 AM »
CP sounds more like a catcher then a pitcher.

Dammit.

Beat me to it.  :hammer:

Offline thundley4

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 07:27:31 AM »
Wow.  Maryland must be a liberals wet dream.  If I want to leave my car running while I go into the store then I'M the one taking the risk.  Some liberal panty waist (should be waste) passed some law to make it illegal to put your own car at risk.  Imagine that.  

KC

If cars weren't meant to be left running while unattended, God would NOT have made remote starters.

ETA the word "not".

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 07:40:38 AM »

Yeah people usually leave their cars running long enough for the police to be called to the scene and long winded tickets to be written.   

:mental:

New York City banned big rigs from idling, even its freezing...... oh except if the truck friver has a dog.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 08:47:13 AM »
If she would have said that to me I would have laughed then said it was more likely a democrat because to them rules are for other people.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 11:14:10 AM by BEG »

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 09:01:54 AM »
Wow.  Maryland must be a liberals wet dream.  If I want to leave my car running while I go into the store then I'M the one taking the risk.  Some liberal panty waist (should be waste) passed some law to make it illegal to put your own car at risk.  Imagine that. 

KC

It is illegal in Texas as well. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 10:14:37 AM »
Wow.  Maryland must be a liberals wet dream.  If I want to leave my car running while I go into the store then I'M the one taking the risk.  Some liberal panty waist (should be waste) passed some law to make it illegal to put your own car at risk.  Imagine that.  

KC
Actually, it's illegal in Texas too. The title of the statute is "Leaving Keys Unattended in a Vehicle". There are numerous reasons for the law:
1. Almost half of all auto thefts occur this way. People don't want to get into a cold car in the morning in winter, or don't want their cars to get hot in the summer while they go into the gas station, so they leave them running. Some shitbag gets into the car and takes off with it.

2. Once it's stolen, it uses alot of police resources, which every taxpayer pays for.

3. Criminals use the stolen cars to commit other crimes.

4. When we (the police) try to stop them, it often turns into a high speed chase, putting the public at risk.

5. Insurance rates for Theft coverage are set by local Theft rates. If insurance companies have to pay out claims for these offenses, they pass the loss on to the consumer (ALL CONSUMERS), then raise rates for everyone based upon the local Theft rates.  
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2010, 10:40:10 AM »
I can remember my dad leaving the keys in the car at night all the time when I was a kid. Of course that was in a small town where neighbors were neighbors instead of just people living next door.

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2010, 12:38:15 PM »
It's illegal here too.

I hate to tell the stranger but that's no Democrat forum.  Her eyes must be bulging out of her head by now if she's read any of it.    :rotf:

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 12:49:06 PM »
I said "I'll bet he's a Republican!" And she burst out laughing!
Yeah, right. You know, if I saw someone do something stupid, and a total stranger walked up and said, "I'll bet he's a democrat!", I would probably laugh, but it would be more a nervous chuckle. If the stranger looked like Coach Lou Holtz in drag, I'd be even more nervous.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 01:19:05 PM »
It seems as if CPeg can't shake the male urges she was born with. Still trying to pick up chicks.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 01:38:00 PM »

Well damn!  See .... I got served!  LOL

Tantal .... from you too.  I plead ignorance.  I still leave my keys in my truck but I don't live in the big city either.

Thanks for setting me to rights. 

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2010, 01:43:54 PM »

I always thought that was weird.  A very nice Fort Worth officer educated me on that fact one day years ago.

It's so common in the Midwest on those cold winter days when you pop into the convenience store for a minute or two, I never thought that such a thing would ever be illegal.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2010, 01:47:27 PM »
I always thought that was weird.  A very nice Fort Worth officer educated me on that fact one day years ago.

It's so common in the Midwest on those cold winter days when you pop into the convenience store for a minute or two, I never thought that such a thing would ever be illegal.

I have no clue how long it has been.  I had a police officer neighbor when I lived in some apts, in Dallas.  I left them on to defrost my windshield, and ran back in for something.  When I came out, he was standing by my car, with a stern look on his face, and educated me as well.  Does seem silly, huh?
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2010, 01:50:11 PM »
Once, back in the days before remote door locks, I left my engine running, but made the mistake of locking the door when I got out. I was a half hour from home, with no spare key.
That didn't stop me from leaving the engine on, but I was never again without a spare key.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2010, 01:55:08 PM »
Once, back in the days before remote door locks, I left my engine running, but made the mistake of locking the door when I got out. I was a half hour from home, with no spare key.
That didn't stop me from leaving the engine on, but I was never again without a spare key.

Two blondes lock thier keys in the car. One of the blondes tries to break into the car while the the other one watches.

Finally the first blonde says "Darn, I can't get in the car!" The other blond replies, "keep trying, it looks like it is going to rain and the top is down".

Offline JLO

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2010, 07:02:18 PM »

Remember Hide-a-key, that little metal box with a magnet you could hide a key inside and stick it inside your wheel well?  They worked great.

Giving money and power to Democrats is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys--

Offline thundley4

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2010, 07:09:14 PM »
Remember Hide-a-key, that little metal box with a magnet you could hide a key inside and stick it inside your wheel well?  They worked great.

They still make those.  I just found this thing. A fake sprinkler head to hide your house keys in your yard. 

Offline lars1701c

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2010, 07:13:21 PM »
Yeah, right. You know, if I saw someone do something stupid, and a total stranger walked up and said, "I'll bet he's a democrat!", I would probably laugh, but it would be more a nervous chuckle. If the stranger looked like Coach Lou Holtz in drag, I'd be even more nervous.

Lou Holtz in drag lol you owe me a new laptop  :cheersmate:
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
~~~ The late Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 to 2005