Author Topic: I'll Let Your God Explain It  (Read 1218 times)

Offline Alpha Mare

I'll Let Your God Explain It
« on: January 29, 2010, 10:22:32 PM »
Swede  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)

Senate votes to not pass bills it can't pay for. All 40 Republicans voted no.

Tells you all you need to know.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7604569

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can't pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies…
Increasing America's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here.’ Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.”
Sen. Obama, Congressional Record 3/16/06
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline Spirit of Ronald Reagan

• I like to play with matches
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: I'll Let Your God Explain It
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 10:25:40 PM »
Well, then it was Bush's fault.

Offline Oceander

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 10:32:03 PM »
Funny thing is, the poster at DU didn't actually read, or comprehend, what he thinks he's being so witty about.  Republicans voted as they did because they knew it was nothing more than a Democrat charade, and that if you were really concerned about being fiscally responsible, you wouldn't pass bills that were fiscally irresponsible in the first place - making the Democrats' bill irrelevant as anything other than a rhetorical political ploy.  Secondly, the Democrats have so many carveouts and exceptions to their supposedly "fiscally responsible" rules that the exceptions simply swallow the rule up whole.  In other words, even if this bill had passed, it wouldn't have had any effect other than generating stupid little posts like that on DU.  It most certainly wouldn't have automatically converted the Senate to fiscal responsibility.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 10:34:07 PM »
Well, then it was Bush's fault.
They have already blamed next years budget on Bush. The idiots.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 10:36:39 PM »
Didn't the dems just vote to raise the debt ceiling?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Spirit of Ronald Reagan

• I like to play with matches
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 10:41:15 PM »
Yep, I think it's around $14.3 trillion now, about $45,000 per American. 

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 10:44:13 PM »
Didn't the dems just vote to raise the debt ceiling?

but it Bush's fault, of course

Offline Oceander

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 10:46:25 PM »
They have already blamed next years budget on Bush. The idiots.

Apparently, next year's budget is also nothing more than an outright lie, as it contains billions in phantom cap-n-trade revenues that are extremely unlikely to be realized considering that cap-n-trade is almost dead now.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 10:47:04 PM »
Apparently, next year's budget is also nothing more than an outright lie, as it contains billions in phantom cap-n-trade revenues that are extremely unlikely to be realized considering that cap-n-trade is almost dead now.

and that would be about par for the course.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 12:27:16 AM »
Funny thing is, the poster at DU didn't actually read, or comprehend, what he thinks he's being so witty about.  Republicans voted as they did because they knew it was nothing more than a Democrat charade, and that if you were really concerned about being fiscally responsible, you wouldn't pass bills that were fiscally irresponsible in the first place - making the Democrats' bill irrelevant as anything other than a rhetorical political ploy.  Secondly, the Democrats have so many carveouts and exceptions to their supposedly "fiscally responsible" rules that the exceptions simply swallow the rule up whole.  In other words, even if this bill had passed, it wouldn't have had any effect other than generating stupid little posts like that on DU.  It most certainly wouldn't have automatically converted the Senate to fiscal responsibility.

Oh now, sir, do't be silly.

The primitives are about as likely to comprehend that as a pig is to know about Christmas.
apres moi, le deluge