Author Topic: AP: ACORN fires 2 after hidden-camera footage aired  (Read 1045 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
AP: ACORN fires 2 after hidden-camera footage aired
« on: September 11, 2009, 09:50:40 AM »
Kadie  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Sep-10-09 06:53 PM
Original message
AP: ACORN fires 2 after hidden-camera footage aired   Updated at 10:42 PM

ACORN fires 2 after hidden-camera footage aired

8 mins ago

BALTIMORE – The nonprofit housing group ACORN has fired two employees at its Baltimore office who were seen on hidden-camera video giving advice to a man posing as a pimp and a woman pretending to be a prostitute.

Fox News Channel broadcast excerpts from the video Thursday. Those excerpts showed a man and woman asking about buying a house and how to account on tax forms for the woman's income. An ACORN employee advises the woman to list her occupation as "performance artist."

Maryland ACORN board member Margaret Williams says in a statement the employees "did not meet ACORN's standards of professionalism."

The statement also says the video was an attempt to smear ACORN and that undercover teams attempted similar stunts at three other ACORN offices.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090910/ap_on_re_us/us_acor...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6516889

Uh huh because we all know pointing out actual law breaking is a smear job.  :whatever:

Critters2  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Sep-10-09 06:58 PM
Response to Original message
1. There's a question that needs to be asked:

How many attempts were made before they found one bad apple? Also needs to be noted that ACORN fired this one.

So, as usual, nothing to see here. But try and explain that to the Beckheads.

Hugabear  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Sep-10-09 11:04 PM
21. This was a sting operation aimed at discrediting ACORN, and nothing more.

Yes, the workers involved should be fired. However, let's not lose sight of what's going on here, a coordinated right-wing effort to discredit and smear ACORN. They have had ACORN squarely in their sights since the 2008 election, their goal is to bring it down. This is just a small part of that operation, and who knows how many workers they had to visit in order to find these two?

So pointing out wrongdoing is just a hate filled smear campaign by repukes but, making up shit about Beck to get him thrown off the air is justified?

DeadEyeDyck  (326 posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Sep-11-09 12:51 AM
33. I saw a little bit of this but turned it off since

it looked like blantant racism and intrapment. Would those ladies have thought up those ideas on their own? Most of us want to be polite and accomodating to whoever we meet. They were setup.

And the hooker and pimp were white. Isn't that intimadation?

I knew when I heard parts of it on the radio the DUmp would bring up racism.
After all there are no black people who break laws they are just victims of whitey.  :mental:

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
Re: AP: ACORN fires 2 after hidden-camera footage aired
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 10:20:16 AM »
This story is about to break open even further. ACORN claims that this was tried at other offices and failed. Well, BigGovernment.com has more tapes. The one from Washington DC is up right now.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 10:27:17 AM »
I watched this from start to finish on Beck yesterday.

These kids went in on their own and did this....he interviewed the girl...it was her idea. I think she should fear for her safety.....

It's unfortunate the ACORN employees cannot be prosecuted......when told the couple were going to house young Equadorian girls for prostitution...they basically went LALALALALALALALA.....it was appalling.

Like Beck said....the MSM is not doing any investigative reporting....someone has to do it.

Be interesting to see what Stossel will be investigating....

Politicians are going to fear the FOX.....
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 10:34:44 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6516889

I think we missed something. ACORN is splintered into hundreds of different groups that are supposed to function separately by law. No mingling of funds is allowed under the laws. But this ACORN person was literally doing the duty of 3 separate front groups at the same time. I saw this mentioned on a blog. There is probably some illegalities right there on the video in this regard. Probably the real reason they're worried.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 11:15:09 AM »
another thread

lapfog_1  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Sep-11-09 07:48 AM
1. I won't be surprised when it comes out that EVERYONE

Edited on Fri Sep-11-09 08:05 AM by lapfog_1
in the film was a paid actor.

Edit to add: They hired the actors, two of them then went down and volunteered at the local Acorn office, got their credentials, and then we had the "scene" play out, all scripted.

Does anyone really believe that two real Acorn community organizers would OFFER to help someone set up a CHILD PROSTITUTION sex slave ring? You couldn't PAY me enough money to offer advice to people that talk about that shit, I would be suspicious of a setup immediately (not to mention horrified).
drm604  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Sep-11-09 04:03 PM
Response to Reply #1
16. I wouldn't be surprised.

Why would they even think that they could get Acorn employees to advise them on prostitution? It just seems like an odd thing to try to catch them on that would have little chance of success. So why would you try it unless the whole thing was a setup with actors, as you say?

If I was a right-winger who believed that Acorn was involved in voter fraud (which they aren't), then I would try to catch them giving advice on how to carry out voter fraud, not prostitution.
Turborama  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Sep-11-09 12:51 PM
Response to Reply #8
10. Yes,and she went to the same training institute as Rove   Updated at 8:12 PM

Another x post...

Getting closer to finding a link between her and BecKKK/Faux/The GOP...

Anti-Choice Abortion Warriors Have a New Poster Girl
By Bill Berkowitz, IPS News. Posted May 30, 2009.

Rose's attack on Planned Parenthood has inspired anti-abortion activists all across the country. One fascinating aspect of her story is how quickly she has become connected to the broader Christian conservative movement, receiving legal and public relations support, education training, philanthropic grants, financial awards, and a tonne of publicity from longtime conservative media operations.

Since 2006, Rose has been going into Planned Parenthood clinics pretending to be a young teenager impregnated by an older man. She described her work by saying that she goes into these clinics in order "to illustrate the abuses and the lawlessness that goes on inside these clinics regularly." Rose tries to entice a Planned Parenthood staff or volunteer to violate the law by telling her to lie about the ages of their adult boyfriends.

=snip=

Rose grew up in San Jose, California, was home-schooled and later attended a part-time Christian school and a junior college. She founded Live Action when she was 15 years old, giving anti-abortion presentations at schools and to youth groups. Over the past few years, she attended workshops at the Leadership Institute, a Virginia-based educational foundation that teaches conservatives how to polish their communication skills.

While a freshman at UCLA, she and James O'Keefe came up with the idea to infiltrate clinics. O'Keefe was the founder of The Rutgers Centurian, a conservative magazine published at New Jersey's Rutgers University.

Full article: http://www.alternet.org/sex/140347/anti-choice_abortion...

Is it simply a coincidence that she went to the same "Training Institute" as Rove...?

The Leadership Institute

The Leadership Institute is a Virginia based training organisation for potential conservative political leaders.
According to the groups website The Leadership Institute is "the premier training ground for tomorrow's conservative leaders. Conservative leaders, organizations and activities rely on the Institute for the preparation they require for success."

"Since 1979 the Institute's unique seminars and workshops have enrolled more than 61,000 students and taught them how to win. Each year hundreds of Institute graduates obtain positions of influence in public policy because of their Leadership Institute training," its website states.<1>

=snip=

Past Students
Mitch McConnell: U.S. Senator from Kentucky
Jim Gilmore: former governor of Virginia
Karl Rove: Bush 43 political strategist<2>
James Guckert: Talon News "reporter"
David McIntosh: Congressman from Indiana
Mark Souder: Congressman from Indiana
JoAnn Davis: Congresswoman from Virginia
Joe Wilson: Congressman from South Carolina
Grover Norquist: President, Americans for Tax Reform
Ralph Reed: former Executive Director Christian Coalition
Jason Miller: Young conservative leader

Full entry: http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Morton_Black...

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 11:24:14 AM »
I said to my husband last night when we were watching her on TV that it wouldn't take 24 hours before they would be "looking" into her and attacking her. They would be taken more seriously when obvious corruption (to the point that people are fired) is found in their ranks if they condemned it too instead of saying they were set up, it's a smear or attacking the messenger. 

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 11:27:20 AM »
Yep they were all actors and ACORN played along and fired 2 innocent people.  :whatever:
You idiots if they were misrepresenting ACORN then they would have not fired anyone and released a statement that it all was a hoax.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 11:52:30 AM »
Yep they were all actors and ACORN played along and fired 2 innocent people.  :whatever:
You idiots if they were misrepresenting ACORN then they would have not fired anyone and released a statement that it all was a hoax.
....but there just HAS to be a conspiracy in there somewhere!!!11!!11  [/DUmp mode]
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 11:55:25 AM »
So pointing out wrongdoing is just a hate filled smear campaign by repukes but, making up shit about Beck to get him thrown off the air is justified?

Yes because only "truth" is what them Dems tell us.  :whatever:
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 11:58:17 AM »
Yes because only "truth" is what them Dems tell us.  :whatever:

Troof 2 power  :lmao:

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 11:59:54 AM »
Hey NimRod! ACORN is more entrenched in home foreclosures than they are in voter fraud! They are responsible for people buying houses they could not afford, the whole time being counseled by employees of, guess who, ACORN!

ACORN is as close as you can get to racketeering in a federally funded organization with Obummer as their GodFather. Voter fraud indeed! Voter fraud is the least of their criminal offences! How about being politically biased while recieving our frikkin' money via taxes, and keeping a tax exempt, non profit status, DIpshit?

edited for content
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 12:03:49 PM by AllosaursRus »
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 12:00:06 PM »
Troof 2 power  :lmao:

Ain't that Keef's manifesto?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline tuolumnejim

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 01:36:42 PM »
Solomon (1000+ posts)        Thu Sep-10-09 11:29 PM
Response to Reply #19
25. No. What's amazing is your inartful construct.
 I see nobody on this thread putting any spin or denial on this. You are falsy claiming this. What people are saying is you can't blame the entire Acorn organization for the criminal acts of two employees. My wife was earlier saying the same thing about her company. If an employee f***s up they get fired, but no one would suggest shutting down the company because of that.
Nobody is denying what they did was stupid and criminal.

Nice try though.

May I bring your attention to the new GM aka Government Motors.  :thatsright:
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 02:39:04 PM »

May I bring your attention to the new GM aka Government Motors.  :thatsright:

2 people? The entire org is corrupt from top to bottom.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 04:25:04 PM »
There's no mention by the primitives that the only media outlet that's talking about this is Fox News.  Don't the primitives consider the MSM to be right-wing corporate shills out to damage and bring down Dear Leader?  But yet these supposed RW media outlets completely ignored a story which could be used to associate Dear Leader with ACORN and its criminal employees?

The cognitive dissonance the primitives possess is unmistakable.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 04:26:32 PM »
Two more have gone http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,549241,00.html

That's not helping the unemployment numbers in this terrible O economy.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2009, 05:00:12 PM »
I did a post about it at http://tyrannysentinel.blogspot.com

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2009, 05:33:34 PM »
There's no mention by the primitives that the only media outlet that's talking about this is Fox News.  Don't the primitives consider the MSM to be right-wing corporate shills out to damage and bring down Dear Leader?  But yet these supposed RW media outlets completely ignored a story which could be used to associate Dear Leader with ACORN and its criminal employees?

The cognitive dissonance the primitives possess is unmistakable.

Details, details . . .  ::) :whatever: :uhsure: :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.