Author Topic: Manafort, Manafort, Manafort!!!  (Read 940 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Manafort, Manafort, Manafort!!!
« on: November 26, 2018, 09:26:33 PM »
Star Member AndJusticeForSome (250 posts) https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211477090

Trying to get a good grasp of the Manafort news implications

We should know more in 10 days, but for now:

1) Manafort was caught lying. How?
a) Mueller knew from the beginning about the lies
b) Mueller got new info since Manafort's plea deal

If a) is true, it suggests that Manafort may have been "set-up", perhaps so that he would feed disinfo back to Trump (?).

How would that work? Manafort would have to be convinced that his lies we're believed by Mueller, and those lies then communicated to Trump as, so to speak, having been "vetted" as reliable enough for Trump to repeat to Mueller.

The timing supports this interpretation (being busted so soon after Trump turned in his homework).

If b) is true, I suppose the same conclusion above could apply; however, it removes much of the "set-up" scenario

Or, there is no additional story, just that Manafort got caught. That must also be a possibility.

2) Why would Manafort do that?
a) it's his nature
b) he believed he'd be pardoned
c) he thought he was smarter than Mueller

My head is spinning, trying to sort this out. Can anyone add more logical points, or correct any above? TIA

:rotf:

They are all so caught up in the latest football... it will fail, like all the others...

Star Member wasupaloopa (2,246 posts)

2. turn on MSNBC The Last Word they are discussing this now

:loser:

Star Member Hoyt (36,020 posts)

6. In same situation, missing how Manafort will bring trump down (which is pretty much my focus).

He is proof that trump surrounds himself with sleazy crooks, but I'm not sure he has ever been charged with anything directly leading to trump being elected. I'm sure Mueller thinks he might know something, but Mueller sure hasn't charged Manafort with that, at least yet.

Like most of this mess, I hope I'm wrong and Manafort has tapes, or other evidence, of trump telling Putin he will wreck America for help in getting elected and not militarily oppose anything Putin wants while trump is in office.

If Mueller has a bead on that, I think Mueller would have moved much faster to stop trump.

its a huge nothing-burger...  :-)

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: Manafort, Manafort, Manafort!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 08:15:56 AM »
Ummmmmm ... do these DU-morons realize that this is about Manafort's activities as an unregistered lobbyist for Ukraine? Years before Trump ran for President? This was investigated by Obama's FBI in 2014 and 2015, and for some reason they did not prosecute him at the time.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 08:36:01 AM »
Ummmmmm ... do these DU-morons realize that this is about Manafort's activities as an unregistered lobbyist for Ukraine? Years before Trump ran for President? This was investigated by Obama's FBI in 2014 and 2015, and for some reason they did not prosecute him at the time.

President Trump hadn't had the audacity to run against and defeat queen hillary at that time so the obama mob was cool with Manafort at that time.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 04:50:09 AM »
Am I misreading something here:

a) is true, it suggests that Manafort may have been "set-up", perhaps so that he would feed disinfo back to Trump (?).

How would that work? Manafort would have to be convinced that his lies we're believed by Mueller, and those lies then communicated to Trump as, so to speak, having been "vetted" as reliable enough for Trump to repeat to Mueller.

Mueller knowingly allows a witness under his authority to give false information to Trump and Trump uses that information to reply to inquiries directed by Mueller.

That's not an indictment of Trump, that's an indictment of Mueller. You can't feed people false information, then - when they recite the information you gave them - claim they lied.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 07:32:16 AM »
At his age, even the bargained sentence means life, he's really got nothing to lose at this point.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2018, 07:56:22 AM »
At his age, even the bargained sentence means life, he's really got nothing to lose at this point.

IOW, Mueller overplayed his hand. Hatred often affects people's judgment, as we've seen among the Ds and MSM.

I wonder whether Mueller's team - let alone DU-grade Progs - realize their pique in calling Manafort a liar so as to get him sentenced to 3X-5X his remaining lifetime nuked the value of Manafort as a witness and of anything Manafort told Mueller's team. IOW, when it comes to the Trump-Russia Collusion Delusion Mueller got nothing, if that much.

Given the brevity of Manafort's time with the Trump Campaign, I doubt Manafort lied about anything substantial related to the campaign, and probably said nothing worse than forgetting what deli the Campaign patronized in NYC.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 01:34:23 PM »
I'm expecting Mueller to indict Lucy Van Pelt any day now for the NFL/Russian collusion. then ....................  CHARLIE BROWN IS GOING DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!

:yahoo:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.