Author Topic: Ford vs Kavanaugh in a Nutshell:  (Read 3505 times)

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
Ford vs Kavanaugh in a Nutshell:
« on: September 19, 2018, 08:39:00 PM »
DU Version found here:
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211154843

Atticus (4,330 posts)     Wed Sep 19, 2018, 08:05 PM

Ford vs Kavanaugh in a nutshell:

Dr. Ford alleges Kavanaugh forcibly attempted to rape her at a party when they were both in high school and while his friend, Mark Judge, encouraged him and watched.
Mr. K denies the accusation and, in fact, denies he was present at the party.

In corroboration of Dr. Ford's account, there is the following:
-some of her schoolmates recall that the incident related by her was talked about at school for several days after the event.
-she related the event to her husband and therapist in 2012 during couples therapy, naming Kavanaugh as her attacker BEFORE he was nominated by Trump to the SCOTUS and before Trump had even entered the presidential race.
-she attempted to bring the attack to the attention of a major newspaper when it was first made public he was "under consideration" for the SCOTUS nomination.
-she is the one who placed Mr. Judge, Mr. Kavanaugh's good friend, in the room as a potential witness rather than "fabricate" a one on one "he said she said" situation.
-she voluntarily underwent a polygraph exam, administered by a former FBI agent, and PASSED.
-she has requested---pleaded for---an FBI investigation of her accusation.
-hundreds of people have attested to her decency and honesty.

In corroboration of Mr. Kavanaugh's denial, there is the following:
-within an hour of the attempted rape accusation breaking in the New York Times, a letter vouching for his respect of women and signed by 65 women who knew him since high school was released by Sen. Grassley.
-Orrin Hatch---and other Republicans---believe him because he is just such an all-around great guy.
-Trump says he "has never had even a small blemish" on his reputation.

Close call?

Real Life:
30 years after the fact, she says something happened, he said it didn't... she can't even remember the year that it happened.

he said/he said

DUers didn't like he said/she said with Franken... but now they love it with Kavanaugh?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 01:56:01 AM by franksolich »

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Ford vs Kavanaugh in a Nutshell:
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 08:48:48 PM »
Quote from:
some of her schoolmates recall that the incident related by her was talked about at school for several days after the event

Don't know where the primitive heard this, but I haven't seen this reported anywhere. Chances are the primitive either made it up or read it from some other lib publication that invented it out of thin air.

Quote from:
MustLoveBeagles

2. That list of 65 was produced awfully quickly to be a coincidence

Of course 63 of them just as quickly recanted.

This is also a lie. Last I heard some letter from women who have worked with Kavanaugh had well over 200 signatures.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 08:52:12 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 08:58:07 PM »
>Dr. Ford alleges Kavanaugh forcibly attempted to rape her at a party when they were both in high school and while his friend, Mark Judge, encouraged him and watched.
Mr. K denies the accusation and, in fact, denies he was present at the party.

The DUpid is strong with this one.  I recall when Mrs Clinton and Wookie Obama came here to sell their lies, they fondled
my acorns and made me blush.  I did not tell the FBI or local cops because they could not help themselves...I just walked away limping.

The evil and idiocy of the left removes any inhibits I have for defending our Constitution.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 09:40:35 PM »
Don't know where the primitive heard this, but I haven't seen this reported anywhere. Chances are the primitive either made it up or read it from some other lib publication that invented it out of thin air.

It originated in a now deleted facebook post:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/36082/kavanaugh-accusers-classmate-makes-new-claim-then-ryan-saavedra

Shortly after writing on both her Twitter and Facebook accounts that she was not interested in doing interviews with the media, King deleted her Twitter and Facebook accounts.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 11:26:31 PM »
The BS:

In corroboration of Dr. Ford's account, there is the following:
-some of her schoolmates recall that the incident related by her was talked about at school for several days after the event.
-she related the event to her husband and therapist in 2012 during couples therapy, naming Kavanaugh as her attacker BEFORE he was nominated by Trump to the SCOTUS and before Trump had even entered the presidential race.
-she attempted to bring the attack to the attention of a major newspaper when it was first made public he was "under consideration" for the SCOTUS nomination.
-she is the one who placed Mr. Judge, Mr. Kavanaugh's good friend, in the room as a potential witness rather than "fabricate" a one on one "he said she said" situation.
-she voluntarily underwent a polygraph exam, administered by a former FBI agent, and PASSED.
-she has requested---pleaded for---an FBI investigation of her accusation.
-hundreds of people have attested to her decency and honesty.

In reality:

-> Ford claimed she told no one at the time;

-> The counseling was some 30 years after the alleged fact;

-> If she contacted a newspaper, it was some 35 years after the alleged fact; evidently they found her lack of date and place made her story less than credible;

-> Mr. Judge, after she called him out, denied that anything of the sort happened anytime, anywhere;

-> A polygraph only tests whether she believes her story or has rehearsed it enough that the polygraph would be fooled;

-> Like no one has ever made false accusations to the police or FBI? Her failure to give a date and place makes investigation impossible;

-> The hundreds of people attended high schools in the area between the mid 60s and mid 00s; few if any knew HER; they claim her story is like stories they heard while in high school.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 07:21:54 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 11:29:37 PM »
MustLoveBeagles

2. That list of 65 was produced awfully quickly to be a coincidence

Moron seems not to have heard of email and the Internet. The 65 women friends used those and other tools and produced their letter in about 24 hours. Nothing at all suspicious.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 06:25:42 AM »
So this woman says she reached out to a major newspaper a few years ago to get this information out, yet won't talk to the media now?

Also, didn't we have the internet a few years ago?  This woman has deleted her social media which means she had them.  Everyone has a voice nowadays.  I promise, you start throwing out a few accusations on your social media, someone is going to pick it up!

Here's a good for instance for you;

I'd seen the headlines about the Texas superintendent that made some racial remarks about a QB, but I hadn't read the story.  Last night my son texts me and asks me why this guys name was so familiar to him and I told him because we know him, and I asked him why he wanted to know.  He told me that this guy was in some hot water over a post he had made on Facebook about a QB.

Folks, I live out in nowhere and so does this superintendent.  If HE can get attention over a stupid Facebook post and I mean national attention, then what is this woman's problem?  Is she that big of a loser?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 08:01:11 AM »
she voluntarily underwent a polygraph exam, administered by a former FBI agent, and PASSED
Who paid for it?
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2018, 08:04:03 AM »
DUmmies find THIS unbelievable:
-within an hour of the attempted rape accusation breaking in the New York Times, a letter vouching for his respect of women and signed by 65 women who knew him since high school was released by Sen. Grassley.
but not this:
Nearly 600 women from Christine Blasey Ford’s high school have signed on to an open letter saying that they support her and believe her account that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her in high school.
and there is this:
First circulated by a group of women who do not know Ford and who graduated from Holton-Arms,
and:
the letter has 599 signatories from students who attended between 1962 and 2018.
How long was this woman in high school????

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2018, 08:37:56 AM »

The letter from the 65 women was dated September 14. The news that Kavanaugh was being accused of something sexual was known on the 13th. IOW, whatever day the NYT article came out, the women put together their letter in a ~24-hour time period, not one hour.

Here’s How That Letter From 65 Women Supporting Brett Kavanaugh Came Together So Quickly

A group of women who have known Brett Kavanaugh since his high school days decided Thursday to put together the letter of support for him — a day after rumors of allegations against him first became public — one of the organizers of the letter told BuzzFeed News.
In an interview Friday, McCaleb said the letter-writing campaign began after her husband, Scott McCaleb, got a call from a reporter following initial reporting by the Intercept and BuzzFeed News about a secret letter containing an allegation against Kavanaugh.
When the initial reporting came out, she said, a “group effort” began to put together a letter supporting Kavanaugh and attesting that, “For the entire time we have known Brett Kavanaugh, he has behaved honorably and treated women with respect.”

Another of the signatories, reached by BuzzFeed News, said she was contacted Thursday by McCaleb about the possibility of signing on to a letter attesting to Kavanaugh’s character. ...
The letter in support of Kavanaugh, signed by 65 women, was released by Senate Judiciary Committee chair Chuck Grassley on Friday, shortly after the New Yorker story published. ...

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2018, 08:44:17 AM »
My gut tells me she's going to testify before the Senate committee, probably in public but maybe in private, and the Dems will cry that she must be believed because she was so brave to go before the cameras and risk everything and you would only do that if you were telling the truth.

Not that it will work, but they have no choice but to do all they can to increasingly anger their already permanently angry base before mid-terms. Using this woman and then throwing her away after she's served her purpose, like they've done so many times before with other women, is SOP with the Dems. Why should they quit now?

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2018, 08:57:27 AM »
Nearly 600 women from Christine Blasey Ford’s high school have signed on to an open letter saying that they support her and believe her account that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her in high school.

First circulated by a group of women who do not know Ford and who graduated from Holton-Arms,

the letter has 599 signatories from students who attended between 1962 and 2018.

Mary Ann may have forgotten to link the source, and I alluded to this without finding the source, so ...

599 alumnae from Christine Blasey Ford’s high school sign letter saying they support her

“Dr. Blasey Ford’s experience is all too consistent with stories we heard and lived while attending Holton. Many of us are survivors ourselves,” the letter reads. First circulated by a group of women who do not know Ford and who graduated from Holton-Arms, a private all-girls school in Bethesda, Maryland, in 2005, the letter has 599 signatories from students who attended between 1962 and 2018.

Kate Gold, a class of 2005 Holton-Arms graduate who is an acupuncturist in Maryland, noted that the letter does not refer specifically to Ford’s allegations against Kavanaugh but rather to the experiences of women more generally.

The 65 women who signed the letter supporting Kavanaugh all knew him and attended high school during the time he was in high school. As to the 599 who support Ford, Brett Kavanaugh was born in 1965, so he probably did not attend high school around the time the female who graduated in 1962 did. And any who graduated after 1985 or so would not have known him, either. But "599" is an impressive number to anyone who doesn't look pastthe latter "9".  IOW, the letter supporting Ford is an irrelevant publicity stunt.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2018, 09:05:29 AM »
If anyone has ever wondered what a lynch mob look like...you're seeing it now with Kavanaugh.

The Libtards aren't even trying to hide their double standard anymore when it comes to issues like this.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2018, 10:03:02 AM »
Ford vs Kavanaugh in a Nutshell

She said he did something.
He said he didn't.

There is no evidence to support either claim so the point is moot.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline jukin

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2018, 10:54:15 AM »
-> A polygraph only tests whether she believes her story or has rehearsed it enough that the polygraph would be fooled;

Ford and her radical far leftwing feminazi lawyer never said what the polygraph was about.  Also there is a reason polygraphs are not allowed as evidence in a court of law.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2018, 12:11:55 PM »
I got myself into some trouble back when some of us were members of CU and I posted about it. From the reaction of some of the members there you would have though DU had invaded the site. Yes I was guilty of what I said I did I grabbed some woman by the neck but only after a string of events that nearly caused a car wreck and her flipping me off three times in a row prior to stomping on her breaks. Still after all this time I was attacked over it last New Years on a  local Facebook post where I thanked a couple of people for getting me out of a ditch. I paid my fine and served my sentence of one year probation.  So I can truely feel how Kavanaugh feels with someone constantly attacking you even years later. **** Democrats.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2018, 01:13:02 PM »
I have it on good authority that kavanaugh groped her over her flack jacket and theres a pic to prove it.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2018, 03:34:51 PM »
Lie detector tests are very easy to rig but DiFi won't even release the letter. From what I hear, there is very damaging info on this woman and the GOP already have it.

No, it was another fellow traveler that lied then recanted:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/36082/kavanaugh-accusers-classmate-makes-new-claim-then-ryan-saavedra

She claimed she told nobody and it happened in the summer.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2018, 03:37:49 PM »
BREAKING NEWS !!!
Caitlyn Jenner claims Bruce fondled/groped her for decades.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2018, 02:07:14 PM »
I got myself into some trouble back when some of us were members of CU and I posted about it. From the reaction of some of the members there you would have though DU had invaded the site. Yes I was guilty of what I said I did I grabbed some woman by the neck but only after a string of events that nearly caused a car wreck and her flipping me off three times in a row prior to stomping on her breaks. Still after all this time I was attacked over it last New Years on a  local Facebook post where I thanked a couple of people for getting me out of a ditch. I paid my fine and served my sentence of one year probation.  So I can truely feel how Kavanaugh feels with someone constantly attacking you even years later. **** Democrats.

I remember when that happened.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2018, 08:40:35 AM »
If Kavanaugh can't get the votes by tomorrow (Wednesday), then he has to wait until the spring to sit on the court. The Supreme Court will again be 4-4 for an entire session.

The GOP got ROLLED. Even if they vote to confirm, they lose half a session and SEVERAL IMPORTANT 2nd Amendment decisions. I'm pissed.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2018, 10:14:07 AM »
BREAKING NEWS !!!
Caitlyn Jenner claims Bruce fondled/groped her for decades.

This just in...Judge Kavanaugh accused of being the shooter on the grassy knoll in Dallas November 22, 1963. Book repository employee says she suddenly recalls after 55 years and a sit down with the New York Times that a young Brett Kavanaugh or "someone that resembled him" was seen talking with a 17 year old Donald Trump and a KGB operative right before the fatal shot rang out.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2018, 10:15:04 AM »
If Kavanaugh can't get the votes by tomorrow (Wednesday), then he has to wait until the spring to sit on the court. The Supreme Court will again be 4-4 for an entire session.

The GOP got ROLLED. Even if they vote to confirm, they lose half a session and SEVERAL IMPORTANT 2nd Amendment decisions. I'm pissed.

This Kavanaugh stuff is just the tip of the iceberg of what the Libtards have planned if they take the House or Senate in November.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2018, 10:18:18 AM »
This Kavanaugh stuff is just the tip of the iceberg of what the Libtards have planned if they take the House or Senate in November.

After this behavior, they will demand the next nominee be purer than Jesus or left of Stalin...

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2018, 10:20:13 AM »
After this behavior, they will demand the next nominee be purer than Jesus or left of Stalin...

They are basically telling anyone who won't bend to the Liberal dogma to not even consider applying for the job/vacancy.