Author Topic: Deep Thoughts by DUpipo  (Read 1406 times)

Offline zeitgeist

Deep Thoughts by DUpipo
« on: September 12, 2018, 03:13:15 PM »

You just can't make this up.  If respiration were not an involuntary function these people would suffocate. 

How come there aren't any battery operated generators?

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211119905

Star Member lunamagica (8,673 posts)

How come there aren't any battery operated generators?
Last edited Tue Sep 11, 2018, 07:53 AM - Edit history (1)

People who live in apartment buildings can't have generators because they need to be outside. I wish someone would come up with a battery operated generator for indoor use. It could even save lives.

ETA: It seems that I wasn't clear enough in my post. I'm talking about battery powered generator too replace gas-powered ones

One has to wonder if publik edukation is responsible for this, maybe it can be blamed on Home Skoolin' or inbreedin'?  How 'bout Liberal Arts and Wyomen's studies majors?   DUpipo, How can this not be a total spoof on DU?  :rotf:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline SVPete

Re: Deep Thoughts by DUpipo
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 04:15:00 PM »
It seems DUpipo "lunamagica" has never heard of a UPS ("Uninterruptable Power Source", not the package delivery/destruction service).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 05:23:45 PM »
And to think that this mutt cancels out a vote somewhere. Sigh.   :(
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 07:52:31 PM »
>How come there aren't any battery operated generators?

Yet another liberal arts failure.  The Chemistry required to extract electrons from a static reaction compared to
known rotation of magneto force is like a tsar bomba  compared to a squirrel cage rabbit farting.

Please don't go back to school and just marry someone smart...male, female or chimp.

Offline Karin

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 09:05:09 PM »
Response to lunamagica (Original post)
Tue Sep 11, 2018, 08:44 AM
Lee-Lee (6,225 posts)
15. Here is what you can do.

Get several deep cycle batteries.

Have them on a charger so they have a full charge when the power drops.

Have an inveter to rub essential 110v equipment and also a connection with several car style 12v outlets to let you charge phones, tablets etc with your batteries.

To recharge you can either use solar if you have exposure or you can take the batteries to your car, hook them to it with jumper cables and run the car to charge. Then take your batteries back inside.

Response to Lee-Lee (Reply #15)
Tue Sep 11, 2018, 08:50 AM
 Hermit-The-Prog (1,433 posts)
17. caution

Be careful about hydrogen outgassing from flooded lead acid batteries. If you use this type of battery, you need ventilation and NO sparks.

Shut UP Prog!   :rant:  Zip it.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 10:15:32 PM »

Shut UP Prog!   :rant:  Zip it.

This will probably be a disappointment, but if UPS companies still use lead-acid batteries, I think they are sealed.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 11:14:14 PM »
Yeah, the hydrogen generation from charging lead-acid batteries is a real problem...if you're in a WWII-era Diesel-electric submarine.

::)
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2018, 06:12:14 AM »
I would suggest that the OP just daisy chain a bunch of D-Cells together and wire them to his circuit breaker panel. That should help.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2018, 07:38:48 AM »
I would suggest that the OP just daisy chain a bunch of D-Cells together and wire them to his circuit breaker panel. That should help.

Not enough shrapnel.

Offline jukin

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2018, 09:30:45 AM »
Smartest people on the internet, just ask them.

LMFAO!!
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2018, 10:33:45 AM »
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden