Author Topic: OH NOES, HE'S NIXON ELeVEntY!!  (Read 829 times)

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
OH NOES, HE'S NIXON ELeVEntY!!
« on: June 22, 2018, 07:01:26 PM »
DÙmplings became  conflicted over the following report from CNN.

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100210772365
y4allerdawg

There's nearly a Nixon '74 level of public support for impeaching Trump
42% of Americans say President Donald Trump should be impeached and removed from office.

Source: CNN, by Z. Byron Wolf
Here are two of the damning paragraphs that the mutt decided to paste..
"What makes it remarkable is that he's on par with President Richard Nixon, who 43% of Americans said should be impeached and removed from office in a March 1974 Harris poll. That was after the scale of Watergate came to light, but months before the House started to move against Nixon, who would go on to resign in August 1974 rather than be impeached."
But wait, there's more. At no additional charge, you can read a second paragraph of bullshit.
The 43% supporting Nixon's impeachment in that Harris poll, by the way, is much higher than the 29% who supported impeachment for President Bill Clinton in 1998. Or, for that matter, the similar number who wanted Presidents Barack Obama and George W. Bush impeached. As CNN's Grace Sparks writes, there's basically "a baseline of pro-impeachment sentiment for a modern president" and Trump far eclipses it."

Read it all at: https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/22/politics/impeach-trump-nixon-support-bill-clinton-poll/index.html

There seems to be sòme flys in the ointment. The first fly goes by the name CNN. The second is the polling outfit that is used. SSRS is ťheir pollster of choice. The problem being, they've been caught in the past using very weighted polls in favor of the Democrats, so I really can't  consider them to be trustworthy or honest.
Now, a few primitive comments.

choie

1. It's ironic that you should

Post this right now, Yallerdog - I just did a Google search to see if there are any impeach Trump groups that I could join and I only came across one.  :rotf: :lmao:
ONE?!?! OMG!!! Trump is sòoo toast!  But wait, the mutt gave him two.:lmao:

choie

10. Yes, never

If war crimes weren't enough to get them to start impeachment against Bush (impeachment's off the table) why would we think they'll support it if they get back the congress.
They won't, next.

Alert

44 min ago

Initech

7. What Trump did this week was an impeachable offense. ????
And not only that, he acted like a total ****ing asshole on top of it with the Melania incident. ???? Really he has to go

The following comment says a lot.
 yallerdawg

17. My two US senators KNOW I and my voting family members back impeachment and removal!

One's an R, one's a D. 
Neither one of them argued against it. Say WHAT?!?  :banghead:  :censored: 

I'm having trouble deciphering the mood and trend of this post.   
It seems they are hesitant and insecure.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline SVPete

Re: OH NOES, HE'S NIXON ELeVEntY!!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 07:06:41 PM »
y4allerdawg

There's nearly a Nixon '74 level of public support for impeaching Trump
42% of Americans say President Donald Trump should be impeached and removed from office.

Source: CNN, by Z. Byron Wolf

I see some CNN "reporter" has incorporated a bong into his Magic 8 Ball.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 07:35:06 PM »
That is from CNN, the King Of Fake News.  :mental:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 08:38:47 PM »
DUmmies naively still think impeachment equals automatic removal from office.  Symbolic at best.  Similar to Billy Jeff in '98/'99, it may completely backfire.

Let them continue with their delusional dreams & masturbatory fantasies.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender