Author Topic: I see a number of posts stating as fact the FBI is right wing. Stinkytheclown  (Read 1097 times)

Offline CC27

Stinky The Clown (58,691 posts)

I see a number of posts stating as fact the FBI is right wing.

Does anyone have any facts they could cite to demonstrate that?

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100210735543

You don't question at the DUmp. Don't need facts. Just how you feel.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
I have to give ol' Stinky credit here . . . he is challenging the other primitives on the island.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
former9thward (19,798 posts)     Fri Jun 15, 2018, 07:48 AM

1. The FBI is right wing when they are investigating someone you like.

When they are investigating someone you don't like they are a dedicated professional law enforcement organization. Witness the various 180 degree turns both the Republican and Democratic parties made concerning Comey. First one loved him and the other hated him. Then they switched. Then they switched again. Then they switched yet again...

vi5 (12,866 posts)      Fri Jun 15, 2018, 07:53 AM

2. "Right Wing" may be a bit of hyperbole....

....but I'd say by definition to get involved in law enforcement at that level one would need to have an innate trust of authority, power, and rule which I think would mean a lot more of them lean right than left. I wouldn't suppose many people with liberal viewpoints or progressive views would be attracted to such a career. Exceptions I'm sure, but generally speaking.

I've known a few people that worked for the FBI and I will say there were some of the smartest, most on-the-ball people I've ever met. They definitely leaned conservative but not in what I would call a right wing or extremist way at all. For discussions regarding 2016 I'd say it was less that there were a lot of FBI folks who were pro-Hillary as much as there were a lot who were smart enough to see how dangerous Trump would be.

Demsrule86 (24,662 posts)      Fri Jun 15, 2018, 07:56 AM

3. I think there are Republicans...look at the New York office supposedly many of the leaks came

from there and this is one of the reason Comey did what he did...you see any of them leaking Russia?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
I'm not so sure about this:

.....one would need to have an innate trust of authority, power, and rule which I think would mean a lot more of them lean right than left.

I rather think that's more a trait of Democrats, liberals, and primitives, than of decent and civilized people.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

Stinky The Clown (58,691 posts)

I see a number of posts stating as fact the FBI is right wing.

OMG! One of DU's hand-less broken clocks chimed the hour on the hour!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
I'm not so sure about this:

I rather think that's more a trait of Democrats, liberals, and primitives, than of decent and civilized people.

I think you are correct Coach, the primitives love government power when it's on their side.
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Tess Anderson

Mike, registering to vote R in DC doesn't mean you're a Republican.

Response to Stinky The Clown (Original post)Fri Jun 15, 2018, 08:57 AM
Star Member yallerdawg (15,313 posts)
5. Well, let's see.

The FBI destroyed Hillary Clinton's campaign over emails and bullshit.

They never said squat about the Republican candidate's campaign.

As we say in the South, "The proof is in the pudding."   

But while many of those texts were made public in late 2017, the IG report revealed a new one in which Strzok vowed to "stop" Trump from becoming president -- and made clear that as many as five total FBI employees exchanged politically charged messages. "The text messages and instant messages sent by these employees included statements of hostility toward then candidate Trump and statements of support for candidate Clinton," the report said.

The report revealed instant messages between unnamed agents, labeled “Agent 1” and “Agent 5,” discussing their jobs in August 2016.

“I find anyone who enjoys [this job] an absolute f---ing idiot. If you don’t think so, ask them one more question. Who are you voting for? I guarantee you it will be Donald Drumpf,” Agent 1 sent.

“I forgot about drumpf…that’s so sad and pathetic if they want to vote for him,” Agent 5 responded. “Someone who can’t answer a question. Someone who can’t be professional for even a second.”

In September, Agent 1 and 5 conversed again, bashing Trump supporters as “retarded.”

“I’m trying to think of a ‘would I rather’ instead of spending time with those people,” Agent 5 sent.

Agent 1 asked, “stick your tongue in a fan??”

Agent 5 later wrote: “I would rather have brunch with trump and a bunch of his supporters like the ones from ohio that are retarded.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/14/inspector-general-refers-five-fbi-employees-for-investigation-over-hostile-political-messages.html

As I say in the Pacific Northwest, dummy "yallerdawg" is a retard.

Offline Delmar

IG REPORT: FBI AGENTS REGULARLY RECEIVED FREE HANDOUTS FROM JOURNALISTS
6:53 PM 06/14/2018
Joe Simonson | Media Reporter

The Department of Justice inspector general identified a number of instances where FBI employees regularly spoke with members of the media and received a number of free perks from journalists including meals and tickets to various events.

On page XII in the report, the IG says the department “identified numerous FBI employees, at all levels of the organization and with no official reason to be in contact with the media, who were nevertheless in frequent contact with reporters.”

The IG expressed “profound concerns about the volume and extent of unauthorized media contacts by FBI personnel that we have uncovered our review.”

The contact between FBI agents and the media extended to receiving “improperly receiving benefits from reporters, including tickets to sporting events, golfing outings, drinks and meals, and admittance to nonpublic social events.”
http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/14/ig-report-fbi-agents-bribed-journalists/

Stinky, G-men taking handouts like welfare queens--that looks more like left wing democrat behavior to me.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden