Author Topic: Pope Blesses Ground Zero in New York, Prays for Peace  (Read 1550 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Pope Blesses Ground Zero in New York, Prays for Peace
« on: April 20, 2008, 12:40:26 PM »
NEW YORK — Pope Benedict XVI began the final day of his American journey by blessing the site of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and pleading with God to bring "peace to our violent world."

The visit by Benedict to ground zero was a poignant moment in a trip marked by unexpectedly festive crowds anxious to see the former academic who for three years has led the world's Roman Catholics.

Benedict was driven in the popemobile part-way down a ramp now used mostly by construction trucks to a spot by the north tower's footprint. He walked the final steps, knelt in silent prayer for a few moments, then rose to light a memorial candle.

Addressing a group that included survivors, clergy and public officials, he acknowledged the many faiths of the victims at the "scene of incredible violence and pain."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351853,00.html
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Re: Pope Blesses Ground Zero in New York, Prays for Peace
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 06:08:22 PM »
I was nursing a hangover yesterday and being lazy this morning.  I watched all the Pope stuff.  He made me feel like I need to go back to church. 

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 07:27:39 PM »
I was nursing a hangover yesterday and being lazy this morning.  I watched all the Pope stuff.  He made me feel like I need to go back to church. 

I'm afraid of the collateral damage to the congregation from the lightning strikes hitting me at this point.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Dixie*Darling

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 09:17:41 PM »

I'm afraid of the collateral damage to the congregation from the lightning strikes hitting me at this point.
I'm afraid of spontaneously bursting into flames myself.