Author Topic: Clinton Team Lunges At Obama, Hunts For Opening Over Small-town America Remarks  (Read 2448 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Hillary Clinton and her surrogates are lunging at Barack Obama over his controversial small-town America comments, attempting to create a flash point with working-class voters potent enough to revive her campaign, with just 10 days until the crucial Pennsylvania primary.

Clinton called Obama’s remarks “elitist,” “demeaning” and “out of touch” Saturday morning, and high-powered supporters followed up by claiming the comments would damage everything from Obama’s credibility to his electability in a general election.

“I found his remarks undercutting his message of hope … he suggests that somehow the faith of those who live in small towns is superficial,” said former Iowa Gov. Tom Vilsack on a Clinton conference call Saturday with several Pennsylvania mayors who said they were offended by Obama’s comments. The Illinois senator said rural Americans “cling” to issues like religion, guns and anti-immigrant beliefs out of bitterness over lost jobs.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/04/12/clinton-team-lunges-at-obama-hunts-for-opening-over-small-town-america-remarks/
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour

you know, if wrightgate barely winged him, this probably won't do much, either.  certainly not
among the dem zombies . . . what's the old saying?  in order to lose, he would have to get caught
in bed with a dead girl, or a live boy.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants

you know, if wrightgate barely winged him, this probably won't do much, either.  certainly not
among the dem zombies . . . what's the old saying?  in order to lose, he would have to get caught

I am going to bet that would just get explained away too.  In fact I would go out on a limb and say that either necrophilia or gay pedophilia would be the newest fad after it.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Wretched Excess

I am going to bet that would just get explained away too.  In fact I would go out on a limb and say that either necrophilia or gay pedophilia would be the newest fad after it.

he could explain away the live boy, but I am pretty sure that the dead girl would be a problem. :-)

Offline Dixie*Darling

Quote from: Wretched Excess

he could explain away the live boy, but I am pretty sure that the dead girl would be a problem. :-)

Fat Teddy only seemed to be slightly inconvenienced by a dead chick ... just saying ...

Offline Dixie*Darling

Clinton called Obama’s remarks “elitist,” “demeaning” and “out of touch” ...

Pot meet kettle   :whatever:

Offline Wretched Excess

Quote from: Wretched Excess

Fat Teddy only seemed to be slightly inconvenienced by a dead chick ... just saying ...

good point.  oh, but he wasn't caught in bed with her.  heavens, that would be getting caught
in bed with a dead chick . . . meh, that would fly with dem voters.

Offline Dixie*Darling

The Illinois senator said rural Americans “cling” to issues like religion, guns and anti-immigrant beliefs out of bitterness over lost jobs.

He's been reading DU again.   :whatever:

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
The Illinois senator said rural Americans “cling” to issues like religion, guns and anti-immigrant beliefs out of bitterness over lost jobs.

He's been reading DU again.   :whatever:

I'd like to know what his DU name is.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Tess Anderson

Clinton called Obama’s remarks “elitist,” “demeaning” and “out of touch” ...

Pot meet kettle   :whatever:

True there, DD, but the Klinton's play whitte trash/redneck MUCH better.