Author Topic: More corporation love and the left's idea of a 'good corporation'  (Read 3875 times)

Offline jtyangel

This thread begins by asking everyone to post 'good' corporations :mental: and of course they pick the most liberal companies out there which the most capitalist hating of them also attack. Man, it sucks to be lib...so many rules of moral behavior..why it's almost..legalistic :o

(dipshits)

ncliberal  (21 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Jan-06-08 01:13 AM
Response to Original message
10. Whole Foods

They treat their workers well. They have a salary cap for their executives. The CEO makes $1 a year. They do a lot for their local communities. They are environmentally friendly. They have two great foundations, etc.

So the CEO's salary is actually hidden? Way to go, libs or are you all trying to tell me he really lives on $1 a year? Yeah, right and if that was all, where are they crying for his/her 'living wage'?  :loser:

and a little jewel for Frank in there

WilliamPitt  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Jan-06-08 06:20 AM
Response to Reply #61
62. Nah.

Just sulked in my room and told the cat he was the only one who understood me.

He didn't understand me. Because he was a cat.

Selah.

:naughty:

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: More corporation love and the left's idea of a 'good corporation'
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 09:23:42 AM »
Everytime A DUmmies comments on corporate America...the first and only thing that comes to mind is:

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 09:26:23 AM »
You know what's fun? When you can actually hear the balloon pop!

mac2  (1000+ posts)     Sun Jan-06-08 01:09 AM
2. Starbucks

Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top
 Sarah Ibarruri  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-06-08 01:10 AM
Response to Reply #2
4. They are anti-union. nt

:tongue:
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 09:29:18 AM »
You know what's fun? When you can actually hear the balloon pop!

mac2  (1000+ posts)     Sun Jan-06-08 01:09 AM
2. Starbucks

Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top
 Sarah Ibarruri  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-06-08 01:10 AM
Response to Reply #2
4. They are anti-union. nt

:tongue:

Yep, that's what happened in that thread too. They were basically left with 'Mom's trinket store' which is more likely to a Sole Proprietorship and not a proper corporation.

Although there have been obvious abuses in power, they don't seem to grasp there is a reason to provide higher ranking folks in a corporation with indemnity in most cases and it is because a lot of decisions that they make can technically 'hurt' people...layoffs, cutbacks, and even growth situations. Without indemnity a CEO would face being sued PERSONALLY for things that really are everyday high level decisions in the corporation. I think their stand is obnoxious when you consider they don't think individuals should have any responsibility over REAL personal needs like healthcare and even providing food for oneself.

btw, sorry, I pressed submit too soon on the original reply
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 09:36:06 AM by jtyangel »

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 09:33:42 AM »
I wonder what constitutes a DUmmie's opinion of "treating their employees well"? Because they cap out their executives salaries means they treat everyone else "well"?

We've got a Whole Foods where I live, and to be honest, I'm not too impressed with it. I think it's over priced and not any better than your everyday grocery store. And, I'm not so gung-ho about "organic" foods. Sounds kind of like a gimmick.

And Starbucks...don't get me wrong, it is good coffee, but again, it's way overpriced coffee.

I am seeing a pattern here....
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama