Author Topic: Another Missouri thread that will die early  (Read 547 times)

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Another Missouri thread that will die early
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 12:42:50 PM »
A relevant passage or two:

Hardhead1234 (2 posts)

5. Questions about the law

While I agree that states should not be able to disregard federal law how is what Missouri is doing any different than states that have passed recreational marijuana laws? I realize they are specifically banning police from enforcing federal law in this case but isn't legalizing recreational marijuana at the state level the same thing but done a different way. And yes marijuana should be legalized federally. Just trying understand the difference legally.

Fullduplexxx (4,714 posts)

6. Whataboutisms are frowned on here

MarineCombatEngineer (4,226 posts)

8. Maybe so,

but the analogy is correct, if states can ignore immigration laws, marijauana laws, then states can refuse to enforce Fed. firearm laws by not providing any resources to the Feds, like facilities, personnel, etc, they just can't interfere in the enforcement of those laws by the Feds.

sarisataka (12,224 posts)

9. Especially uncomfortable ones

Although I expect this is a one post wonder, the question is valid.

If a state can invalidate Federal law A, why cannot another state invalidate Federal law B. Or if the first state is sanctioned for interference with Federal law enforcement should the other state be sanctioned?

The specific law is not relevant to the setting of precedent.

Fullduplexxx (4,714 posts)

13. I agree and I think whataboutisms are usually valid points

sarisataka (12,224 posts)

16. We are on the same page

Often people will cry whataboutism because they know they can't honestly answer the question without admitting bias and/or hypocrisy.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 12:58:16 PM »
A relevant passage or two:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm actually amazed sarisataka still has an account there.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2021, 12:59:57 PM »
I'm actually amazed sarisataka still has an account there.

They're going to swarm alert him like they did discnt-irony-sarcasm

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2021, 01:12:47 PM »
sarisataka being a voice of sanity? :o

Fixed an auto-incorrection
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 03:43:27 PM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2021, 01:19:07 PM »
sarisataka being a votive of sanity? :o

Actually, I think he/she is quite reasonable when compared to the rest of those idiots.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2021, 01:49:50 PM »
Actually, I think he/she is quite reasonable when compared to the rest of those idiots.

At least when it comes to the 2A, he does not demonstrate the same rabid lunacy that most of the DUmmies over there.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2021, 01:50:01 PM »
If you understand the firearms business and understand gun laws the whole thing is absurd.

First the most restrictive laws and regulations are unique to each state.
Second there is no way you could be involved in dealing any quantity of guns without a federal license.
As for the manufacturing part if you decide to be an unlicensed manufacturer the BATF will be on your ass like flies on sugar, specially if you are building machine guns , silencers or other highly regulated items.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!