Author Topic: MO law enforcement can not enforce Fed Gun Laws  (Read 507 times)

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
MO law enforcement can not enforce Fed Gun Laws
« on: June 15, 2021, 07:18:36 PM »
Nevilledog (25,661 posts)     Tue Jun 15, 2021, 10:40 AM

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215529496
https://www.kcur.org/news/2021-06-12/missouri-law-enforcement-no-longer-required-to-enforce-federal-gun-laws

*snip*

The bill would bar local police from assisting federal agents in enforcing federal laws. And it allows for a $50,000 lawsuit against anyone who knowingly acts under any federal or state law to deprive a Missouri citizen of their Second Amendment rights.

Response to the signing was swift Saturday.

The Missouri chapters of Moms Demand Action and Students Demand Action immediately released a statement condemning the bill.

“We are frustrated and disappointed that Governor Parson signed a dangerous bill into law today that ties the hands of law enforcement officers while Missouri is facing one of the worst gun violence epidemics in the country,” said retired Sheriff Rick Walter, a volunteer with the Missouri chapter of Moms Demand Action.

Missouri House Minority Leader Crystal Quade, a Democrat from Springfield, called the bill a “radical, dangerous and obviously unconstitutional attempt to declare that Missouri will refuse to follow federal gun laws.”

*snip*

Wait... DUmmies want states to enforce fed laws now?

I thought enforcement of Fed Immigration laws was bad... but now fed laws are good again?

sarisataka (12,186 posts)

5. I thought local LEOs

Were not required to enforce any Federal law, that is the responsibility of Federal law enforcement agencies.

So how is this different?

kelly1mm (3,715 posts)

16. How is this different than States/Cities refusing to enforce Federal Immigration Law? The

state is not nullifying the federal gun laws it is simply not enforcing them. Federal law enforcement, just like with the immigration laws, can still enforce federal gun laws in MO. I am not seeing the problem here, at least if one believes States/Cities should not/cannot be forced to all federal laws.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 08:26:01 PM by franksolich »

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: MO law enforcement can not enforce Fed Gun Laws
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 07:23:43 PM »
sarisataka (12,186 posts)

5. I thought local LEOs

Were not required to enforce any Federal law, that is the responsibility of Federal law enforcement agencies.

So how is this different?

kelly1mm (3,715 posts)

16. How is this different than States/Cities refusing to enforce Federal Immigration Law? The

state is not nullifying the federal gun laws it is simply not enforcing them. Federal law enforcement, just like with the immigration laws, can still enforce federal gun laws in MO. I am not seeing the problem here, at least if one believes States/Cities should not/cannot be forced to all federal laws.
Oops, there you go making posts that make sense. That will make you persona non grata on DU.

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2021, 08:31:29 PM »
I love it.  Go Missouri!

Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 09:20:47 PM »
Missouri House Minority Leader Crystal Quade, a Democrat from Springfield, called the bill a “radical, dangerous and obviously unconstitutional attempt to declare that Missouri will refuse to follow federal gun laws.”
The sanctuary state of California says hello...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2021, 10:51:52 PM »
kelly1mm's comment on illegal immigration killed the thread.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2021, 08:15:00 AM »
kelly1mm's comment on illegal immigration killed the thread.

:rotf: Yeppers, now 13 hours without a response. :rotf: Doing quickie Math, that comment was posted around 5 PM PDT and 8 PM EDT, not a slack time for posting. :rotf: And give sarisataka a kudo - just one - for going halfway there.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2021, 03:13:23 PM »
And NONE of them would touch federal marijuana laws.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2021, 04:35:55 PM »
:rotf: Yeppers, now 13 hours without a response. :rotf: Doing quickie Math, that comment was posted around 5 PM PDT and 8 PM EDT, not a slack time for posting. :rotf: And give sarisataka a kudo - just one - for going halfway there.

That post was a guy on a Texas road in a hailstorm.  Can't run, can't hide, can't make it stop.  The post doesn't violate any rules, is correct, and yet is a complete vindication of what conservatives have been saying for decades.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.