Author Topic: I read that Trump actually built 53 miles of border wall  (Read 393 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
I read that Trump actually built 53 miles of border wall
« on: June 15, 2021, 08:42:36 AM »
Star Member leftyladyfrommo (14,689 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215529190

I read that Trump actually built 53 miles of border wall and just repaired other existing wall. Total cost was over 4 billion.

If we really knew how much taxpayer money was wasted by this administration we would have a great reason for voters to go Democrat.

The Trump administration say they've completed more than 400 miles of border wall since then.

It's 452 miles (727 km) in total, according to the latest US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) information (4 January 2021).

However, only 80 miles of new barriers have been built where there were none before - that includes 47 miles of primary wall, and 33 miles of secondary wall built to reinforce the initial barrier.

The vast majority of the 452 miles is replacing existing structures at the border that had been built by previous US administrations.

President Trump has argued that this should be regarded as new wall, because it's replacing what he called "old and worthless barriers."

if you tear down something and replace it with something new...

:whatever:

Star Member panader0 (22,564 posts)

9. Some, or most, of the "repairs" that were done were just wire fences, etc before. Not walls. So only 53 miles of new wall. They did it near me and f'd up the land doing so. I want it down. it's a scar on the land, it's easily overcome and not
effective, it's a problem for wildlife, it's racist, it was a huge waste of taxpayer money that I'm
sure a large portion of which was graft and it was built only to appeal to the racism of trump's base.

:yawn:

Star Member AZ8theist (3,943 posts)

12. IT'S DEMOCRATIC. Not "democrat"....

:rotf:

Star Member gab13by13 (3,691 posts)

14. It's not a wall, it's a fence.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: I read that Trump actually built 53 miles of border wall
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 08:52:01 AM »
if you tear down something and replace it with something new...
Or as I put it, if I replaced a dirt road with two-lane highway, I'd call that "new road".

9. Some, or most, of the "repairs" that were done were just wire fences, etc before. Not walls. So only 53 miles of new wall. They did it near me and f'd up the land doing so. I want it down. it's a scar on the land, it's easily overcome and not
effective, it's a problem for wildlife, it's racist, it was a huge waste of taxpayer money that I'm
sure a large portion of which was graft and it was built only to appeal to the racism of trump's base.
:thatsright: No, it was built because the Border Patrol wanted it.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2021, 09:38:05 AM »
Star Member leftyladyfrommo (14,689 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215529190

I read that Trump actually built 53 miles of border wall and just repaired other existing wall. Total cost was over 4 billion.

If we really knew how much taxpayer money was wasted by this administration we would have a great reason for voters to go Democrat.

That was a one time $4billion expenditure that produced a deterrent to illegal crossings.  Look at the annual costs of illegal immigration to the U.S. taxpayer as of 2017.  I'm sure the cost is higher now that slo joe and his giggling whore have opened the floodgates at the border...

New FAIR Study: Illegal Immigration Costs $116 billion Annually
Press Releases
September 27, 2017

Brunt of Costs Fall on State and Local Taxpayers

(Washington, D.C.) – Illegal immigration to the U.S. costs federal, state and local taxpayers a staggering net cost of $116 billion a year – an increase of some $16 billion compared to previous estimates – according to a new study released by the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR). The study is the most comprehensive to date on the cost to federal, state and local taxpayers of the nation’s 12.5 million illegal immigrants and their 4.2 million citizen children.
https://www.irli.org/new-fair-study-illegal-immigration-costs-116-billion-annually/?gclid=CjwKCAjwn6GGBhADEiwAruUcKqDK0i_CinKsDH-tt15M92ojm9Sq02Z7jy0oxOCUGb_Zj1U4eU--nhoCgmkQAvD_BwE

it's a problem for wildlife, it's racist, it was a huge waste of taxpayer money that I'm
If we're going to talk about graft, have you DUmmies heard about the california high speed railway to nowhere?  The one that captain dementia just gave $1 billion in taxpayer dollars to that is a gift to the union democrat doners...

and if it is racist to put up a barrier to keep unwanted people out, why do you lock your doors at night DUmmy?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Online 67 Rover

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 09:38:40 AM »

Does Nancy Piglosi know that walls are racist?
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2021, 03:07:46 PM »
I always thought of graft differently.  I always thought it was something like; "If you don't fire the prosecutor you don't get the billion dollars."  THEN when the prosecutor gets fired, you give them the billion dollars.

Is that a good example?  You know, if something like that were to really happen?  Not saying it ever would mind you, but it's a thought.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2021, 03:53:00 PM »
I always thought of graft differently.  I always thought it was something like; "If you don't fire the prosecutor you don't get the billion dollars."  THEN when the prosecutor gets fired, you give them the billion dollars.

Is that a good example?  You know, if something like that were to really happen?  Not saying it ever would mind you, but it's a thought.

KC

There's also the, "We're pumping tens of millions of dollars from this stimulus bill into the companies of our political supporters and donors." variety.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."