Author Topic: Austin shooter (1 of 2) arrested  (Read 916 times)

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
Austin shooter (1 of 2) arrested
« on: June 12, 2021, 11:00:00 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215522715
 brooklynite

Austin police arrest one of two suspects involved in downtown shooting that left 14 injured

Austin American Statesman

Austin police have arrested one man in connection with an overnight shooting that injured 14 people, officials said. The arrest was made by Austin police and the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force.

The arrest came after the city's Sixth Street entertainment district, filled with revelers resuming post-pandemic life, again became the scene of chaos and bloodshed early Saturday when 14 people were wounded in a mass shooting that intensified questions about public safety and gun violence in one of the nation's fastest-growing cities.

Police said they had zeroed in on two suspects involved in previous dispute and were rapidly working to arrest them. Interim Police Chief Joe Chacon expressed confidence that investigators would soon be able to untangle more details about what prompted the gunfire and that suspects could face a range of charges that include attempted murder and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Officials said they believe most of the victims, whose injuries ranged from moderate to critical, were innocent bystanders and said that he believes that no one had died because of swift and heroic actions his officers took

anyev

1. Most of the victims were innocent bystanders?

So there were a couple of them that deserved it? I heard that wording on a news story last night and thought WTF?

Hey DUmmie... it most likely means that some of the people who were shot were involved in the fight...

Side note: Austin American Statesman included and editors note that police released a vague description of a suspect... they said they weren't including it because it was too vague to be useful in IDing someone but might perpetuate stereotypes. So I looked at Austin PD press release: "black male with dreads..."

How fast will this fall off DUmmie radar now?

Also that mall shooting in GA 2 days ago... media silent now... wonder why?

(Not really)

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
Re: Austin shooter (1 of 2) arrested
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 11:02:10 PM »
Lol no sooner than I hit post... dummie posted this:

Ex Lurker

2. This is what you call responsible reporting

RWNJs would like nothing better than to run with this

Editor's note: Police have only released a vague description of the suspected shooter as of Saturday morning. The Austin American-Statesman is not including the description as it is too vague at this time to be useful in identifying the shooter and such publication could be harmful in perpetuating stereotypes. If more detailed information is released, we will update our reporting.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2021, 05:25:03 AM »
Lol no sooner than I hit post... dummie posted this:
Thats the new way to report that criminals are minorities of African descent apparently.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2021, 07:45:51 AM »
They won't even ID the guy they arrested. WTF? It's very likely the other suspect is a known associate of the arrestee. Knowing who they arrested might help find the other guy.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2021, 07:55:21 AM »
Nothin to see here, move along.

Ugh.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2021, 09:19:59 AM »
Nothin to see here, move along.

Ugh.

KC

:tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2021, 09:23:08 AM »
They won't even ID the guy they arrested. WTF? It's very likely the other suspect is a known associate of the arrestee. Knowing who they arrested might help find the other guy.

Texas Newspaper Refuses To Give Description Of Suspect In Mass Shooting Because Of ‘Stereotypes’

A newspaper in Texas said on Saturday that it is not publishing the description that local law enforcement gave of a man suspected of shooting 13 people on Friday night because it “could be harmful in perpetuating stereotypes.”

“Someone opened fire in a popular entertainment district in downtown Austin early Saturday, wounding 13 people, including two critically, before getting away,” the AP reported. “Investigators were looking into what sparked the shooting but were not able to get a detailed description of the shooter, though they believe it was a man and were going through surveillance video and other evidence, interim Police Chief Joseph Chacon said at a 4 a.m. news conference.”

The Austin American-Statesman reported that law enforcement had “zeroed in on two suspects” believed to have been involved in the shooting.

At the bottom of the Austin American-Statesman’s report, the newspaper explained that it was not going to give the description that law enforcement provided of one of the suspects:

Police have only released a vague description of the suspected shooter as of Saturday morning. The Austin American-Statesman is not including the description as it is too vague at this time to be useful in identifying the shooter and such publication could be harmful in perpetuating stereotypes. If more detailed information is released, we will update our reporting.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/texas-newspaper-refuses-to-give-description-of-suspect-in-mass-shooting-because-of-stereotypes
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2021, 09:43:17 AM »
Kc25 posted this thread about 12 hours ago, and the DU thread has all of 4 responses. They know the shooters are not Christian Pro-Life white male gun nuts, so, :tumbleweed:  :tumbleweed:  :tumbleweed:  :tumbleweed:  :tumbleweed: . When news doesn't fit their narratives it didn't happen. Pathetic and very unlike the conservative discussion sites I frequent.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2021, 11:15:33 AM »
Kc25 posted this thread about 12 hours ago, and the DU thread has all of 4 responses. They know the shooters are not Christian Pro-Life white male gun nuts, so, :tumbleweed:  :tumbleweed:  :tumbleweed:  :tumbleweed:  :tumbleweed: . When news doesn't fit their narratives it didn't happen. Pathetic and very unlike the conservative discussion sites I frequent.

Same with the Georgia Mall shooting

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2021, 11:28:57 AM »
Stereotypes become stereotypes for a reason. The only reason that ever became controversial was some can’t handle the truth.

If the stereotype doesn’t apply to you then move on!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2021, 11:41:14 AM »
The first step to fixing a problem is acknowledging the problem exists. Until it is acknowledged that there is a sub-sub-culture among blacks (Dear DU-onlurker, I did not say all blacks! Don't run off to DU and lie about what is posted here on CC!) that has a violence-acceptance problem, that problem will not go away, and may grow worse.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline thundley4

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2021, 11:44:22 AM »
The first step to fixing a problem is acknowledging the problem exists. Until it is acknowledged that there is a sub-sub-culture among blacks (Dear DU-onlurker, I did not say all blacks! Don't run off to DU and lie about what is posted here on CC!) that has a violence-acceptance problem, that problem will not go away, and may grow worse.

There is a larger sub-culture among the black community that doesn't like cops/hates cops/fears cops, that Democrats fuel their fears.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2021, 11:51:45 AM »
On another tack:

Evidently the Austin Statesman is more worried about nebulous stereotypes than catching the shooters. Hopefully those shot and their family and friends take note of this.

Evidently the Austin Statesman is ignorant of the fact that withholding descriptive information is widely regarded as evidence a shooter/attacker/etc. is black or of some other PC group.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2021, 12:09:35 PM »
The Austin American-Statesman is not including the description as it is too vague at this time to be useful in identifying the shooter and such publication could be harmful in perpetuating stereotypes.

If the shooter is caught and brought to trial, what are they going to do to avoid " perpetuating stereotypes."? 

Give him a makeover in white face complete with a red MAGA hat, NRA t-shirt and clutching a bible?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2021, 12:57:06 PM »
If the shooter is caught and brought to trial, what are they going to do to avoid " perpetuating stereotypes."? 

Give him a makeover in white face complete with a red MAGA hat, NRA t-shirt and clutching a bible?

They'll shout the innocence of the black guy, print a series of rants about racism in policing, and help convince a jury that even if the black guy did it; it was in response to racial oppression and therefore should be found not guilty.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2021, 01:59:31 PM »
The shooters were identified as two tan persons of unknown gender and race.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

It's about time the black community owns up to this shit. It should be their responsibility to deal with it as when whitey tries to maintain a civil safe society we are labeled racist because we won't allow thugs to run rampant in our communities. :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2021, 12:11:05 PM »
The shooters were identified as two tan persons of unknown gender and race.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

It's about time the black community owns up to this shit. It should be their responsibility to deal with it as when whitey tries to maintain a civil safe society we are labeled racist because we won't allow thugs to run rampant in our communities. :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:

It'll never happen. Right on que, a "reporter" will have a meeting to show that evil, racist, white people are the problem.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2021, 01:40:27 PM »
Austin police arrest one of two suspects involved in downtown shooting that left 14 injured

Can you imagine the death toll if they knew how to aim? :thatsright:At some point in time this coddling of black criminals needs to stop. the pc folks need to be told to sit down and STFU or help cure the problem
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!