Author Topic: Why are the Jan 6th terrorists being allowed to bail out after being arrested?  (Read 380 times)

Offline Delmar

Sat Jun 12, 2021, 09:49 AM
Progressive Jones (4,283 posts)

Why are the Jan 6th terrorists being allowed to bail out after being arrested?

Are there any criminal defense attorneys here who can answer this?
They are clearly a danger to society. These are not innocent bystanders who were " caught up in the moment". They're criminals who intentionally attacked the United States of America.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215520435

Hundreds of people--most of them who didn't do squat--have been sitting in jail for months and the primitive believes that they ought to be left there to rot.

But there are other primitives who are breaking with the pack and support due process for the protesters--and some primitives going so far as to point out what a sham the whole investigation has been.

Response to Progressive Jones (Original post)Sat Jun 12, 2021, 10:04 AM
Star Member Elessar Zappa (6,542 posts)
5. Probably because most are being charged

with misdemeanors and have no priors.
Response to Fiendish Thingy (Reply #16)Sat Jun 12, 2021, 10:35 AM
Progressive Jones (4,283 posts)
17. What does the Constitution say about treason/insurrection?
Response to Progressive Jones (Reply #17)Sat Jun 12, 2021, 10:40 AM
Star Member hardluck (405 posts)
18. Are those the charges?

Most I’ve seen have been misdemeanors which explains the bail
Response to Progressive Jones (Reply #17)Sat Jun 12, 2021, 11:06 AM
MarineCombatEngineer (4,177 posts)
22. Name one defendant that's been charged with treason/insurrection?

The majority of the charges have been misdemeanors, not treason/insurrection, ergo, these defendants are entitled to have bail set or released on own recognizant with special conditions.

There isn't just one party pooper mocking the "insurrection" inquisition, there're several primitives who're probably getting alerted on.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

Systematic or random denial of bail or excessive bail are forbidden by the 8th Amendment. And even some DU-folk "get" that denial of bail is way disproportionate to misdemeanor charges.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Mary Ann

At least a few of our Senators are asking appropriate questions:
https://www.ronjohnson.senate.gov/services/files/8C6C469D-1C48-4390-B77E-26672B984E69

But, as usual, the DUpipo are being willfully ignorant.
TigressDem (1,626 posts)

8. They aren't black for the most part. So obviously MUCH safer in their communities.

Because the congress critters themselves said, "Oh they look like people we know!" Even as they tear apart the building and smear feces on the walls while screaming KILL PENCE.

Versus scary black people or BLM folk who (supposedly) support looting and such even when peacefully, prayerfully protesting the murder of a fellow human being. WHO obviously need to be pepper sprayed and shot with rubber bullets instead of just ASKED to please vacate this space temporarily.
uponit7771 (77,496 posts)

27. If these guys were brown skinned and or Muslim the expectations wouldn't be able to bail out

... of jail.

Come on people
StarfishSaver (16,402 posts)

32. Perhaps, but more likely

is that they would be granted bail, but be unable to pay it.

The problem in our system is not that too many white people are granted it and too many Black and Brown aren't, but that bail terms tend to be too onerous for many Black and Brown people to meet.
Actually, DUmmies, if they were black or brown, Kamala Harris would have raised funds to bail them out.

Offline ADsOutburst

Man, the worldview of many DUers is just so askew.

They actually think that otherwise ordinary people suspected of insurrection would be given special treatment? They must have missed where a protestor got shot and police used illegal strikes to the head.

Offline DLR Pyro

I thought the left was against the concept of bail and just letting people loose on their good word and promise to show up in court.   Has that changed?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline DUmpsterDiver

Dear ignorant and effing dumb wokeflakes trying to fundamentally copulate America....we engineers and producers of American Great  see your stinking CEO AssLigting efforts and suggest you stop before America locks your ass down.  Your Burn Loot and Murder ways are getting tired.   ESAD.