Author Topic: Fact: Gas prices are going up. DU: LALALALALALALA  (Read 467 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Fact: Gas prices are going up. DU: LALALALALALALA
« on: October 14, 2021, 12:19:31 PM »
dalton99a (63,851 posts)

A Winter of Giant Gas Bills Is Coming. Are You Ready? (WSJ)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-winter-of-giant-gas-bills-is-coming-are-you-ready-11634203801

A Winter of Giant Gas Bills Is Coming. Are You Ready?
U.S. households are projected to spend more on heating than they have in several years
By J.J. McCorvey
Oct. 14, 2021 5:30 am ET

Americans got a stark warning from the government this week: Expect higher heating bills this winter.

According to the Energy Information Administration, nearly half of U.S. households that warm their homes with mainly natural gas can expect to spend an average of 30% more on their bills compared with last year. The agency added that bills would be 50% higher if the winter is 10% colder than average and 22% higher if the winter is 10% warmer than average.

The forecast rise in costs, according to the report, will result in an average natural-gas home-heating bill of $746 from Oct. 1 to March 31, compared with about $573 during the same period last year.

The forecast is part of the EIA’s winter fuels outlook, which projects that U.S. households will spend more on energy this winter than they have in several years. The agency attributed its forecast to rising energy prices—natural-gas futures have this year reached a seven-year high—and the likelihood of a more frigid winter than what most of the country saw last year.

The looming increase, on top of rising prices for many consumer goods and commodities, is likely to cause stress for Americans at many income levels. Economists warn that the larger utility bills are most likely to affect those households still hobbled by the Covid-19 pandemic.

There is NO such thing as economics to 99% of the DUmmies. It's ALL politics.

Star Member Takket (15,202 posts)
1. I'm sure this has nothing to do with the fact

Democrats concerned with climate change are in charge of the White House and congress.

Drive up the bills. Piss people off. Hope they put fossil fuel loving rethugs back in charge.

See? You'd THINK that DUmmies would rather burn coal than turn into DUmbsicles, but I guess not.

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Fact: Gas prices are going up. DU: LALALALALALALA
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 01:08:33 PM »
:ownit:
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2021, 01:12:41 PM »
Biden Chief of Staff Ron Klain demolished for endorsing tweet claiming inflation is 'high class' problem

White House Chief of Staff Ron Klain was eviscerated by critics Thursday for endorsing a tweet that claimed inflation and supply chain issues affecting the country were "high class problems."

"Most of the economic problems we're facing (inflation, supply chains, etc.) are high class problems. We wouldn't have had them if the unemployment rate was still 10 percent. We would instead have had a much worse problem," Harvard professor Jason Furman wrote in a tweet that Klain retweeted, saying, "This," with emoji hands pointing downward.

Furman served as chair of the Council of Economic Advisers under President Barack Obama.

Since taking office, the Biden administration has overseen a rising inflation rate that reached its highest point in 13 years. The surge has been accompanied in a rise in prices for food, gas, cars, TVs, and a variety of imported goods.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-chief-of-staff-ron-klain-demolished-endorsing-tweet-inflation-high-class-problem
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2021, 01:16:21 PM »
Biden Chief of Staff Ron Klain demolished for endorsing tweet claiming inflation is 'high class' problem

White House Chief of Staff Ron Klain was eviscerated by critics Thursday for endorsing a tweet that claimed inflation and supply chain issues affecting the country were "high class problems."

"Most of the economic problems we're facing (inflation, supply chains, etc.) are high class problems. We wouldn't have had them if the unemployment rate was still 10 percent. We would instead have had a much worse problem," Harvard professor Jason Furman wrote in a tweet that Klain retweeted, saying, "This," with emoji hands pointing downward.

Furman served as chair of the Council of Economic Advisers under President Barack Obama.

Since taking office, the Biden administration has overseen a rising inflation rate that reached its highest point in 13 years. The surge has been accompanied in a rise in prices for food, gas, cars, TVs, and a variety of imported goods.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-chief-of-staff-ron-klain-demolished-endorsing-tweet-inflation-high-class-problem

People who post stuff like that are literally fed by other people, or make so much money that it's just a blip to them. They're so tone-deaf and smug that there will be more and more of this crap, while DUmmies who have to choose between heating oil or a 5lb chub of 73% lean ground beef will eat it up forever. That's why they're DUmmies.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2021, 01:41:57 PM »
Trumps fault in 3...2...1....
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2021, 02:14:43 PM »
Trumps fault in 3...2...1....

well of course it is because of his fool hardy act of shutting down the keystone pipeline last January.

...oh wait...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2021, 03:10:47 PM »
Quote from:
Takket

Democrats concerned with climate change are in charge of the White House and congress.

Drive up the bills. Piss people off. Hope they put fossil fuel loving rethugs back in charge.

Not true, primitive. But just for fun, let’s say that it is.

I must ask, how come Dems and leftists, arguably the most intelligent people that have ever graced the planet, couldn’t see this coming and do something about it?

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2021, 08:31:40 PM »
Drive up the bills. Piss people off.

ans what do the dummies do for heat ?use unicorn farts or live in mom and dads basement and let them pay the bill?
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2021, 02:25:33 PM »
Takket

The second the IPCC required other people's/countries money delegitimized the whole thing.

:bird:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.